ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old July 12th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #1
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): '09 Candy Thunder Blue Ninja 250R

Where can I purchase individual main jets?

as the title states, I am looking to buy main jets alone as I was an idiot and didn't pay attention to detail and bought a kit that did not have big enough main jets (Dynojet Stage 2)

I need 110 and numbers closer to there instead of the ones in this kit that are 94-100

If push comes to shove i'll be selling these to some here that hopefully needs them and buying another kit.
00v_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #2
2WheelGuy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): '98 EX250, '02 EX250, '08 250r, '03 SV650, '98 GSXR750 '03 Hayabusa, '87 YSR50, '84 ZX900, +MORE

http://www.jetsrus.com/
AFM #278
2WheelGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2010, 04:45 PM   #3
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelGuy View Post
thanks! haha and what a sweet name

edit: they only have 07 and older model jets =/

Old July 12th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #4
kkim

Just buy some Keihin main jets from them. get some 110s and 112s
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #5
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Is there any real difference between OEM STYLE KEIHIN JETS vs. GENUINE KEIHIN JETS other than price?

Old July 12th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #6
kkim

At one time, I thought not, but the more I play with jets, I've found the OEM style jets I've purchased for the dirt bikes to be made of a slightly softer brass than the Keihin jets making them susceptible to deforming when you tighten up the jets during installation. not a problem if you install the jets only once, but if you happen to switch them out a couple of times, you can see the wear.

If you have the choice between "real" Keihin jets and Keihin "style", I'd buy the "real" Keihin jets. That the material is softer, makes me wonder how precise the "style" jets are drilled, though I've not found a problem to date.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:15 AM   #7
MysterioX
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250 Ninja

Hey fellows!
I need to buy main/slow jets for my stock 09 ninja 250.
How do I decide which size jets to buy to have my machine run more stable in terms of faster warm up, even better response, and avoid having a problem of clogged jets every freaking year ?

Before I looked at the site mentioned above, I was under impression that I just need to buy ONE size higher and now, I'm just confused!
MysterioX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:18 AM   #8
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Our main jetting database thread has a collection of what has worked for others.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:31 AM   #9
MysterioX
ninjette.org member

Thanks, Alex!

Old April 20th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #10
MysterioX
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelGuy View Post
Is there a similar website but one that ships to Canada no problem?

Old April 21st, 2012, 11:35 AM   #11
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Go to your local dealership and ask for DynoJet mains in the sizes and style that you need.

Take the jet kit with you so they have an example of what you need, and they can either source the right ones for you, or go get some for you right out of their stock.

I know mine carries DJ jets and they're cheap. Only reason I stuck with Keihin jets is that I was already accustomed to the numbers and I didn't want to have to get used to a new numbering system when I could just use jetsrus.com with the Keihin jets...
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2012, 09:45 PM   #12
MysterioX
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Go to your local dealership and ask for DynoJet mains in the sizes and style that you need.

Take the jet kit with you so they have an example of what you need, and they can either source the right ones for you, or go get some for you right out of their stock.

I know mine carries DJ jets and they're cheap. Only reason I stuck with Keihin jets is that I was already accustomed to the numbers and I didn't want to have to get used to a new numbering system when I could just use jetsrus.com with the Keihin jets...
Maaaann, you are just full of useless advice, aren't you???
I'm not getting a jet kit!!! I just need 2 pilot jets one size higher than the stock (40 it is, I believe).

Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:30 AM   #13
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I honestly didn't even see your post in this thread. I mistakenly responded to the OP without seeing the date on it because I never read this thread when it was new, and the first few posts were the first ones that showed up when I clicked on the arrow that takes you to unread posts in a thread. If you think I'm so useless, try using the search function for "clogged jets" and you'll be directed to this thread most of the way down the page of search results. That would be more useful than threadjacking old threads with a semi-related topic and bringing them back to life.

If you're getting a larger pilot jet to compensate for dirty carbs, that's not going to make any difference. You won't need larger pilot jet unless you ditch the airbox, which I don't see that you've done based on your other posts. What you need is to clean your carbs (linked in previous paragraph)

more info on carb cleaning (with lots of pictures):
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_do_...n_the_carbs%3F

Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:30 PM   #14
MysterioX
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I honestly didn't even see your post in this thread. I mistakenly responded to the OP without seeing the date on it because I never read this thread when it was new, and the first few posts were the first ones that showed up when I clicked on the arrow that takes you to unread posts in a thread. If you think I'm so useless, try using the search function for "clogged jets" and you'll be directed to this thread most of the way down the page of search results. That would be more useful than threadjacking old threads with a semi-related topic and bringing them back to life.

If you're getting a larger pilot jet to compensate for dirty carbs, that's not going to make any difference. You won't need larger pilot jet unless you ditch the airbox, which I don't see that you've done based on your other posts. What you need is to clean your carbs (linked in previous paragraph)

more info on carb cleaning (with lots of pictures):
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_do_...n_the_carbs%3F
Why would I use a search function? I already know what's going on with my bike and what to do to fix it. If you have read my other posts you would know that too.

You have to stop making assumptions that my carbs are dirty!!!

Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:07 PM   #15
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Good luck with solving your carb problem then.

Rhetorical question: If you knew how to fix it, why did you ask about it?

Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:43 PM   #16
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysterioX View Post
Is there a similar website but one that ships to Canada no problem?
Check out PJ Motorsports. I just ordered some jets from them for my second Hawk and they shipped them out quickly. You'd have to call them up to ask about shipping to Canada though.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:51 PM   #17
MysterioX
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Good luck with solving your carb problem then.

Rhetorical question: If you knew how to fix it, why did you ask about it?
I understand that you haven't responded to my post in this thread but you did so in another and you continued making assumptions about my supposedly dirty carbs. But you claimed to have read my other posts and I find it to be a lie. If it wasn't you wouldn't be asking neo-rhetorical questions.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:00 PM   #18
MysterioX
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-os View Post
Check out PJ Motorsports. I just ordered some jets from them for my second Hawk and they shipped them out quickly. You'd have to call them up to ask about shipping to Canada though.
Thanks KOS, looks like they do. But their prices are a bit high.

Meanwhile, I was looking around the net and found this website: ---
They have different options for shipping to Canada. I can also ship to a different address than my own (which is what I really need, as I'm shipping directly to my mechanic).

-----

I'm retracting my view of THAT website.

I went to PJ Motorsports and had a very pleasant phone conversation with one of the staff and then ordered my jets.

Last futzed with by MysterioX; April 23rd, 2012 at 07:43 PM.