ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old June 17th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #1
tsdexter
ninjette.org member

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R - Kawi Green

Headlight out/fuse blown...

Before I got crazy getting Into electrical I just want to be sure it's not super simple... My low beam bulb is blown, high beam bulb is in tact. The headlight fuse is also blown and as soon as I put in a new fuse it blew...

So before I tear everything apart... Is it possible that the blown low beam causes the high beam not to go on (since high = low and high) and causes the fuse to blow right away? I don't want to just pop in another $20 bulb and see just in case there is a short somewhere and it ruins the new bulb..

Sorry about the Noob, I'm learning it all slowly...
tsdexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
No need to go crazy.
If the low beam bulb is still in place, remove it, because that can be the cause of the short.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #3
tsdexter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
No need to go crazy.
If the low beam bulb is still in place, remove it, because that can be the cause of the short.
Not sure it is.. I've got an auto voltage tester... Lights up at both sides of the fuse, doesn't light up inside the headlight plug/clip at the back of lights and doesn't light up at the high/low switch on the left handle... This makes it complicated doesn't it?

Old June 18th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #4
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdexter View Post
Not sure it is.. I've got an auto voltage tester... Lights up at both sides of the fuse, doesn't light up inside the headlight plug/clip at the back of lights and doesn't light up at the high/low switch on the left handle... This makes it complicated doesn't it?
You will find voltage at those points only when the engine is working.

This recent thread includes links to schematics and some helpful tips:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135883
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #5
tsdexter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
You will find voltage at those points only when the engine is working.

This recent thread includes links to schematics and some helpful tips:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135883
Oh ****, I totally forgot about that, I only had it turned to ON. Not running. Sweet, might make it easier for me

That schematic goes a bit over my head haha.