ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed > Track Organizations

Notices

Old November 28th, 2014, 01:30 PM   #1
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
MCRA

First off lemme say I have only ridden with MCRA @ Putnam in IN. So I can only speak to that but I have ridden with them 20+ times over the years. Here is my take....

Great group of cats to ride with. Super laid back and chill. Coaching is available to those that want it also. It can be kinda fast or slow in the novice group depending on your tolerance but it's not a problem if you have your wits about yourself. This org is NOT a babysitting org. You come, you ride your ride. It's kinda like that. Some disagree with that approach, but I like it. At some point you just gotta be let go to find it on your own without the water wings if you will.

Their A group is pretty fast, don't join this group unless you're sure of yourself or comfortable with being passed mid corner as the rules allow such passing. Not that it is a problem, just think.... don't put yourself there if you're not ready.

Rick (talented CR, lap record holder and ninjette member) is super fast on a 250 and can also rail a 600 without question. Get with him to get some line help if you're on a lower cc machine and even coaching 600's while on a 250.

A full day with MCRA is a very busy day, with race school, normal sessions, lunch, races during lunch and what not, you're never gunna be idle for long. Get a good nights sleep before hand.

Special Notes:
They have a large 250 racing following, called "The Little Big Show" . The last grid I was in with them had 18 bikes, and that is alot on the east coast. They also offer a race school and new racer "ameture" race already built into the track day schedule. You can "race what ya brought". To get a feel for racing without all the other rules that purely apply to race tech. If you pass track day tech, you can race. The problem with this is... not all other race orgs accept their race lic. at face value. I have done more than my part to help with this perception problem, but alas... I am but only one man.

I WILL be riding with them again and don't be surprised if you see a few ninjette members there during your outing.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2014, 06:45 AM   #2
green_bread
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R & CBR250R

Pretty spot on! I just completed my first year with MCRA and I feel like I have found a new family of great people.

Couple of things...

They are doing away with the Sportsman (amateur) race next year and combining the GTL, ULGT, and 250 class all in one race to give track day riders more time. I don't expect this to be much of an issue, though, as a waved start can spread things out pretty well and the other grids are usually pretty small, anyway. I still voiced my concerns about safety with that many different things going on at the same time, though.

While you don't get "babysat" at an MCRA event, you're not completely on your own, either. Pretty much anyone in the paddock who can help you is willing to help you, if possible, from my experience. I even had the other 250 guys I race against helping me to get my bike back together after a wreck back in Aug. ****, I'm taking my bike to DCMoney's house today and he's helping me swap some suspension stuff. Haha

I am yet to find a better group of folks to ride with. Not trying to take anything away from any other orgs, but MCRA really does feel like a second family, to me.
green_bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2014, 07:49 AM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

That combination of bikes will have concerns but shouldn't be a big deal after everyone settles down. My past 2 seasons with MotoSeries has had a combined grid with a single wave start with pretty much any bike 60hp and lower. Let's just say it's fun to pass some of the sv's during the race.

I also used "not babysat" in a good way. It's kinda nice in the novice group to have the option of class time or hook up with a cr on the paddock/track as needed or... just ride. Letting riders decide for themselves is cool with me.

But yea, no matter what you choose, their cr's are floating around and may tap the tail to give you a few pointers. Like most other orgs, if you're struggling and they see it, they will offer help AND if you're doing really well, they may offer a tow to see if you ready to go a bit faster or the next group. From what I have seen, Rick and his crew are pretty proactive about it.

If they feel like family, imho they're doing something right.
Old January 6th, 2015, 09:22 AM   #4
green_bread
ninjette.org member

MCRA has released their tentative schedule for 2015. From what Ive heard, this could change but things are pretty much set. See you at Putnam in April, @csmith12?

April 18-19 Putnam
May 23-24 Gateway
June 13-14 Heartland Park
July 11-12 Gateway
September 12-13 Heartland Park
September 19-20 Gateway
October 17-18 NCM
Old January 6th, 2015, 09:27 AM   #5
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Thanks for sharing the schedule!

Yea, I should be able to make it. It's hard for me to miss those cold early Apr. days at Putnam. It's my favorite thing to scrape the frost of my windscreen before suiting up. But... I have many irons in the fire right now and can't "promise" anything just yet.
Old January 6th, 2015, 09:29 AM   #6
green_bread
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I have many irons in the fire right now and can't "promise" anything just yet.
Understood! Hopefully, Ill get to meet you in person.
Old January 6th, 2015, 10:26 AM   #7
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Thanks for sharing the schedule!

Yea, I should be able to make it. It's hard for me to miss those cold early Apr. days at Putnam. It's my favorite thing to scrape the frost of my windscreen before suiting up. But... I have many irons in the fire right now and can't "promise" anything just yet.
lol ...... until you get to 4 or 8 lol
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2015, 08:40 AM   #8
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

I missed the Putnam day this year.

Link to original page on YouTube.

I spy at least 4 ninjette members in this vid. Meet and have shaken hands with most of the MCRA crew in this vid. Great group of riders.

Last futzed with by csmith12; June 2nd, 2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 08:57 AM   #9
green_bread
ninjette.org member

Nice! I hadnt seen that video, yet. Its awesome that they got some footage of my first time on the podium!