ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old November 1st, 2015, 12:00 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcyclistonline] - KTM Announces Successful Rollout For RC16 MotoGP Race Bike

©Motorcyclist

KTM sends sends its high-tech V4 RC16 onto the circuit.

Test rider Alex Hoffmann carried out three days of comprehensive testing with the MotoGP racing bike at the venue that will see the return of the Motorcycle World Championship in 2016. The performance tests with the bike that has been completely developed in-house by KTM were conducted in good conditions and went exactly according to plan.

©Motorcyclist

Sebastian Risse, Alex Hofmann and Pit Beirer

Pit Beirer (Motorsport Director): “Thursday was a very emotional moment, not only for me but also for the company, and I believe for many KTM fans in Austria and all over the world. This, and the start of the project on the racing circuit are just as important as any lap time. A very big thanks to Alex (Hofmann) and the entire team for the excellent performance. The feedback and the fact that we were already able to put in very many laps without any problems gives us a lot of motivation for the next steps in this long journey towards our entry into MotoGP in 2017”

Sebastian Risse (Technical Director Onroad): “There was of course a great deal of tension and pressure on the team and the roll-out took place earlier and on a larger scale than originally planned. The fact that it all went as smoothly as it did, and the data that we have been able to gather makes us very optimistic about the further development of the KTM RC16. Although we are still far removed from the detailed work, these three days were a very positive and instructive test for us.”

©Motorcyclist

The KTM RC16 sits ready to race for the rollout.

©Motorcyclist

Alex Hofmann on the KTM RC16 at the Red Bull Ring.

Alex Hofmann (Test Rider MotoGP): “What shall I say? Just take a look at my boots and the bike. They both look like new. I have already experienced very different premieres. A big respect for what KTM has already achieved in this extremely short time. I think you can not only see it in my face, but also among all those who have worked here with such enthusiasm and professionalism.”

Another test with Alex Hofmann and the second test rider Mika Kallio is planned for this year. Parallel to this, there will be intensive further development on the KTM RC16 at KTM factory in Austria’s Mattighofen and Munderfing.

Click here for full story...