ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old April 27th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #1
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Question flush-mount turn signals?

Hey everyone I was just wondering on everyone thoughts on flush-mounts turn signals for the front blinkers. My current choices are either protons or the ones from Tri at modmy250.com , [the first ones on the top of the page, Ninja 250R 2008-2012 Flushmount LED Turn Signal Indicators]. I am still debating which ones i should get. Both look pretty nice and bright in the videos. Both don't have great visibility for cars in front of you, at least from what i can tell in the videos (if you have either and you can see them both daytime and nighttime from the front please post). Protons have strobe which i like, tri's are $30 cheaper. Gonna have to get a relay and diodes for both regardless so that doesn't matter. Anyone have thoughts on the matter, other flush-mount choices, or other suggestions on the topic? Please let me know!

Old April 28th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #2
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Green 250R

When I added Tri's flushmounts, I also added mini LED turn signals under the front cowl for added straight on visibility. http://www.luckybike.com/servlet/-st...h--Mini/Detail

kevheads is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #3
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Do you think any of those flush mount turn signals will work on an 03 250R? Cause I want new ones but i want them to cover the UGLY holes in the fairings from the stock turn signals.
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #4
trevor_shiggs
ninjette.org member

Name: Canada

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

I ended up getting the ones like on mod my 250 but also got LED turn signal mirrors.

By trevor_shiggs at 2012-04-23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZOFV_QmWA8

Old April 28th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #5
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevheads View Post
When I added Tri's flushmounts, I also added mini LED turn signals under the front cowl for added straight on visibility. http://www.luckybike.com/servlet/-st...h--Mini/Detail

Wow thats a good picture you got there, I can totally see them from the front. Hmm thank you very much for that. You got a link to those additional leds i can look up, also did you have to drill or cut at all / easy install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray1000 View Post
Do you think any of those flush mount turn signals will work on an 03 250R? Cause I want new ones but i want them to cover the UGLY holes in the fairings from the stock turn signals.
Check in the old gen farkle forums, but i would not see why they wouldnt, you might need a new relay like the new ones, as well as diode kit if you put LEDs in the back or an integrated(thats same with new ones). The protons list ninja 250r 08' +, you might want to call them though and ask. I spoke to a Mike at High Tech Speed and he was really cool, he gave me a small discount, offered free shipping, and free oem connectors(not listed on their site) for the protons for my '12, but Im still deciding which i want to buy, with all that Tri's are still cheaper, its just everyone else feedback for now. PM/email Tri if his work on an 03.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor_shiggs View Post
I ended up getting the ones like on mod my 250 but also got LED turn signal mirrors.

By trevor_shiggs at 2012-04-23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZOFV_QmWA8
Also ty for the video those look great, you got a link/model number on those? I really like those mirrors. Were they easy to install? That is something i definately want to add if they dont require cutting/drilling, very visible. Probably uses a y-adapter to the signals? Since its universal it also probably did not come with OEM connects, but I can always get those and work em in.

Ty everyone for your feedback, I am looking forward for others, anyone have a frontal pic of the protons like Kevs? I want to place my order next week, in May so my card purchases can count for May.

Old April 28th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #6
trevor_shiggs
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPaws View Post
Also ty for the video those look great, you got a link/model number on those? I really like those mirrors. Were they easy to install? That is something i definately want to add if they dont require cutting/drilling, very visible. Probably uses a y-adapter to the signals? Since its universal it also probably did not come with OEM connects, but I can always get those and work em in.

Ty everyone for your feedback, I am looking forward for others, anyone have a frontal pic of the protons like Kevs? I want to place my order next week, in May so my card purchases can count for May.
http://shop.the2wheels.com/Integrate...-085B-pair.htm

I had to drill one hole but I put it right between the two original mounting holes so that if I go back to stock you can not see the holes. And I had to get 4 Bolts about 1cm longer than the ones that come with the mirror but I am very happy with the install and I am very picky about drilling holes etc in my bike.

You can Get OEM connectors here. Just click kawasaki.
http://www.customled.com/products/oe..._connector.htm

And I also used a Y.
Can be purchased here.
http://modmy250.com/LP.html

I built my own Y by using connectors off easternbeaver.com, if I was to do it again I would just use the ones off modmy250.com

I also used this flasher relay.
http://www.grote.com/product.php?pro...891&mode=print

Old April 28th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #7
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

the wires in the link you provided show to be outside of the mirror, but they are not under where the mounting bolts are? So is the hole you drilled visible with the wires going through the fairing, or the hole is completely under the mirror and the wires can be pushed into the housing and pulled out from the bottom where the bolts stick out of? Can you do a close up pic from all the sides of the mirror, would like to get a better understanding.

I was thinking if i can push them in through the housing and out where the bolts go, i use one hollow bolt to run the wire though without drilling. But the picture shows the wires completely outside the mirror housing.

Old April 29th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #8
jasonz1c
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2008 - Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevheads View Post
Those mini LED turn signals look nice, flushmounts do lack front on viability. Were the mini LED's wire's long enough? Is is okay to just splice, solder and heatshrink the mini LED's wires onto the flush mounts?
jasonz1c is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2012, 07:04 AM   #9
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Green 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonz1c View Post
Those mini LED turn signals look nice, flushmounts do lack front on viability. Were the mini LED's wire's long enough? Is is okay to just splice, solder and heatshrink the mini LED's wires onto the flush mounts?
no, the mini wires were short, I splice,soldered and heatshrunk them and used Tri's Y-adapters. Also bought these for the mini's
http://www.customled.com/products/oe..._connector.htm
kevheads is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #10
trevor_shiggs
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPaws View Post
the wires in the link you provided show to be outside of the mirror, but they are not under where the mounting bolts are? So is the hole you drilled visible with the wires going through the fairing, or the hole is completely under the mirror and the wires can be pushed into the housing and pulled out from the bottom where the bolts stick out of? Can you do a close up pic from all the sides of the mirror, would like to get a better understanding.

I was thinking if i can push them in through the housing and out where the bolts go, i use one hollow bolt to run the wire though without drilling. But the picture shows the wires completely outside the mirror housing.
I took the mirror out of the mount and drilled right behind where the mirror would mount in the center. I used the factory spacers and everything. On the back side of the faring there is the other side of the mount. I just had to drill a hole right in the middle of it too for the wires to go to. There is a rubber boot with the new mirrors that help hide everything.

Wire

By trevor_shiggs at 2012-04-29

Spacers.

Boot

I would defiantly buy and install them again. They kind of stick out a little bit on the ends but i'm still happy with them. I looked at the lucky bike little signals to put upfront but I liked the mirrors better cause they are higher and more visible.

Old April 29th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #11
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Are those mirrors the plain black universal ones (found on ebay, cheaply)? I was looking at those and noticed they had some "chrome" ones, as well as black, and black carbon fiber. I've been trying to decide between the black & carbon fiber ones.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #12
trevor_shiggs
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Are those mirrors the plain black universal ones (found on ebay, cheaply)? I was looking at those and noticed they had some "chrome" ones, as well as black, and black carbon fiber. I've been trying to decide between the black & carbon fiber ones.
I got them from the2wheels
http://shop.the2wheels.com/Integrate...-085B-pair.htm

Ordered some levers at the same time.

Old April 29th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #13
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray1000 View Post
They should work, but the shape might not be completely the same.

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_want_...s_on_the_front
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #14
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

I have protons, nobody sees them. I like the mirror idea though, I should try that

Old April 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #15
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor_shiggs View Post
I took the mirror out of the mount and drilled right behind where the mirror would mount in the center. I used the factory spacers and everything. On the back side of the faring there is the other side of the mount. I just had to drill a hole right in the middle of it too for the wires to go to. There is a rubber boot with the new mirrors that help hide everything.

Wire

Spacers.

Boot

I would defiantly buy and install them again. They kind of stick out a little bit on the ends but i'm still happy with them. I looked at the lucky bike little signals to put upfront but I liked the mirrors better cause they are higher and more visible.
ty for info and pics. So the boot covers the wire? With the pictures provided it looks like instead of drilling a 3rd hole, i can try the hollow bolt idea. Any idea what size bolt is and thread? Earlier you mentioned getting bigger ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe the Ant View Post
I have protons, nobody sees them. I like the mirror idea though, I should try that
can you post a pic of them front and center?

EDIT: how are the actual mirrors as mirrors vs stock?

Old April 30th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #16
bubuski
ninjette.org member

Name: Bubuski

Does anyone know what type this is?
bubuski is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:43 AM   #17
bubuski
ninjette.org member

Name: Bubuski

This might be it again.

I found this thread linked below

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16113
bubuski is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 09:15 AM   #18
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubuski View Post
Does anyone know what type this is?
Looks like they're these
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #19
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
I got proton front and modmy250 (custom led) rear integrated. I did not like the ones that modmy250 had for the front aesthetically.

I am still waiting for a replacement panel so I cant take a photo of the front and I want to wait for the fender eliminator before I do the rear (plus a weekend would be nice when I have time). I imagine it will look like everyone elses though.

I was thinking about that in addition if I am unhappy with how forward visible the protons are.
From what i saw on youtube, was same for all protons, Tri's flush-mounts seemed slightly more visible than protons. I really like the turn signal mirror idea, im trying to find some hollow bolts locally before i decide that.

Keep posted on the updates and pictures, thanks for the replys

Old July 7th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #20
rcruz17
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r

I got the triangle ones on ebay for like $15 same one tri sells just have to do your own wiring or buy the adapters also on ebay for like another $10
rcruz17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #21
leogenesis
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250r 2010 Black

Ive got these on my ninja 250, I just typed in Ninja 250r turn signals on ebay and came across em. I found that these ones stick out a bit more than the other ones posted and hence more cars will be able to see you but it still looks better than the stocks ones
leogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #22
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

after having these for i think a year now - in the daylight i think there is no visibility difference vs stock. same amount of krazy kagers. How ever at night these things are monsters vs stock, same with blaster Integrated Taillight I installed the same time. Hope this helps. I chose to go with modmy250.com / tri because his were plug and play, you can get ebay ones and have to cut lines. 100% reversible with Tri's products.