ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 16th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #1
CrossProduct
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Turn signal behavior:diagnosis?

Hi all - my first post, so apologies if I'm doing something wrong. Have recently got a 2007 Ninja 250, and the previous owner had obviously done some modification of the turn signals. There's two flushmount signals at the front (both with 2-filament incandescent bulbs) and two LED signals at the rear. Currently they're behaving like this:

Signal left: Front left and both rear lights blink slowly, instrument turn light doesn't come on.

Signal right: Rear right and instrument light blink rapidly.

(So the front right light never comes on. Looking at the bulb it doesn't look burned out, although I haven't tested it more directly).

I probably need to just try to follow all the wiring and figure out what's going on, but since I don't really know what it's supposed to look like unmodified, I was just wondering if anyone familiar with this stuff (I'm very much a newbie with the bike as well as the forum) might be able to easily see from the above what the problem likely was. Thanks a lot for any help.
CrossProduct is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #2
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

if a blinker is blinking fast then that usually means that one of the bulbs are burned out. that would be your first step on the right, then disconnect all lights in the back and turn the right blinker on, after that try again with only one rear light then the other.

in all honesty we need pics of the wiring so we can see whats going on with it.

Old November 16th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #3
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossProduct View Post
Hi all - my first post....................I probably need to just try to follow all the wiring and figure out what's going on, but since I don't really know what it's supposed to look like unmodified, I was just wondering if anyone familiar with this stuff (I'm very much a newbie with the bike as well as the forum) might be able to easily see from the above what the problem likely was. Thanks a lot for any help.
Welcome to our site, Ben !!!

Just follow the lines:
http://faq.ninja250.org/images/a/a4/...matic_-_R4.pdf

And see what is wrong:
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/My_LED_...27t_work_right
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #4
CrossProduct
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ben

Thanks for the responses - turns out there was a broken wire on the front right flasher.
CrossProduct is offline   Reply With Quote