ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old April 7th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #1
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

Back & Chest Protector info

I'm looking at getting a back and chest protector since I don't think just using a Sas-Tec armor insert in my jacket would be adequate enough. I saw that Fieldsheer has a vest called the 'Armadillo' for under $100 but can't seem to find a lot about it, has anyone used it?
I'm really trying to find something ~$100 but not much is out there from what I can tell in that range. I'd love to get the Forcefield harness but that doesn't fit in my budget right now. Any other suggestions or should I stick with the Icon vests? I would prefer something a little less bulky though since my jacket fits snug.
Thanks.
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #2
mustang5.0
ninjette.org guru

Name: E

Motorcycle(s): 2011 GIXXER 600

get the icon stryker vest.. i just got one for less then 140

Old April 10th, 2012, 03:13 AM   #3
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

Only issue is that I was hoping for CE 2 back protection and the Icon vest doesn't have that, and realized I'll need to spend a little more so now I'm looking at under $200. I noticed the A* Track Vest which looks nice with the back protector and added padding all over and read a lot of good review. The biggest thing that sticks out with it is that is zips up instead of relying on velcro. Thoughts or other ones I may have missed looking at?
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote