ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 27th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #1
mcnuggett
ninjette.org member

Name: kristy

Motorcycle(s): 2011 black 250r

Help! Rear fender replacement (not fender eliminator)

I need some help with this one.

My bike has been lowered as much as possible, this is awesome for me but not so awesome when my dad decides to take it for a short test ride.

Burnt clean through.
The wires are all still intact so there's no problems there but I need to replace this part.

My dad already got the part for me, I just need to get it on my bike.

I've searched the forums and youtube and all I can come up with is fender eliminator stuff.

I guess my most important question is, will this require the back wheel to be removed or will I be able to work around it? And also if anyone knows of a site or video that explains this I would greatly appreciate any help.
mcnuggett is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #2
ShadowStalk3r
ninjette.org member

Name: Pierre

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Try looking at those tutorial for installing the Hotbodies undertail, I think that part is what the Hotbodies undertail is replacing.
ShadowStalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #3
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

ouch...so...your dad just bought you the part and washed his hands of did he? lol smart man. In all seriousness though, I'd go ahead and remove as much of the rear section as you can, if I remember correctly from when I eliminated my fender, there's a small rubber grommet thingy holding that plastic piece, remove that, and just pop it clean off...can't say I'm a 100% though...just remove every piece of fairing (on the rear) and you should be able to figure things out. good luck.
EthioKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #4
mcnuggett
ninjette.org member

thanks guys! The hotbodies thing is a really good idea. I'm looking for a how to on that now. Most likely I'll end up stripping her down tomorrow and if I can't figure it out I guess I'll put her back together and get her to the shop.
It looked to me like there were at least a couple of screws holding it in place right beside the side panel screws. If nothing else it will be a good learning experience.

Old April 28th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #5
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

ya thats the part you remove when doing the hotbodies. In all reality you should have made him buy you the HB undertail, but its a relatively easy task, should take a hourish, maybe a couple if your really slow and unsure of things.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #6
mcnuggett
ninjette.org member

I told him I planned on doing the hb mod and that would fix it but he didn't want to wait (or probably just didn't listen to me) and just went to the shop and ordered the oem part. He did pick up the proton flush mounts that I had ordered while he was there so I guess he felt bad about the whole thing. I feel like I definitely won out in the situation. Got some free flush mounts out of it!

Old April 30th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #7
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

The Sportisi one completely replaces it. I gave mine to Casey (@ninja250r), so you could have asked him to sell it to you. Too late to cancel the order?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #8
mcnuggett
ninjette.org member

yeah, it's too late, I already got the part. It's ok though because I got a crazy idea to paint it and that snowballed into metal flaking it and my rims and a new seat cover. Once I pull it all together I'll post pics. it should be awesome (fingers crossed)