ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old May 10th, 2017, 07:42 AM   #1
T0A0C
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): Nothing that runs yet!

Minimum electronics to run the engine.

Hi Guys,

Im in the process of fitting a 250 engine into a chinese bike which had blown the final drive. What are the minimum components I need to get running.

I have the following so far:

Engine from a 2011 bike
Wiring loom
CDI
Junction box/relay box? (Part with 3 plugs)
Fuse box (part of loom)
Throttle bodies with 3 sensors/plugs & injectors
Lambda remove plug
Fuel pump/tank
Upright sensor
Starter
Regulator

Im hoping I can use the starter solenoid and coilpacks off the original engine but will have to check fit.

Will this be enough to get it running?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
T0A0C is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2017, 05:12 PM   #2
Vintage Smoke
The 2 Stroke Ninja!!

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R, 1977 RD400, 72&73 RD350 75 RD200

I have been here. While it is a different application, I have put a Yamaha Banshee motor in my Ninja and needed to figure out the wiring. I would recommend that you get a good copy of the factory diagram and start studying it. There is a TON of stuff that is cross connected. Relays, switches, individual components, etc. Removing one part affects the operation of another. It's more than just small things like the sidestand switch too. If you are real sharp with motorcycle wiring you should be able to figure it out, but if you look at the diagram and your head spins, you may wind up chasing electrical gremlins forever.
Vintage Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2017, 11:18 AM   #3
T0A0C
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): Nothing that runs yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Smoke View Post
I have been here. While it is a different application, I have put a Yamaha Banshee motor in my Ninja and needed to figure out the wiring. I would recommend that you get a good copy of the factory diagram and start studying it. There is a TON of stuff that is cross connected. Relays, switches, individual components, etc. Removing one part affects the operation of another. It's more than just small things like the sidestand switch too. If you are real sharp with motorcycle wiring you should be able to figure it out, but if you look at the diagram and your head spins, you may wind up chasing electrical gremlins forever.
Thanks for the reply. I think I've got it now. I finally managed to track down the UK wiring diagram with fuel injection and it makes pretty good sense. I was going to splice the standard speedo but have decided to get a set of ninja dials to make it a lot easier.
T0A0C is offline   Reply With Quote