Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 5th, 2010, 09:27 AM   #1
CrzyFstMnM
ninjette.org member

Name: Manoj

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250 SE

Time to Upgrade?

Hey guys,

So I've been mulling this for the last few months. So the dealership I go to for servicing has 2009 ZX-6Rs for sale for $7,999. They decided not to buy any 2010s and just bought rest of Kawasaki's inventory of 2009 models since Kawi didn't change anything. I've had my 09 250 for two years now, have not dropped it, haven't gotten into any accidents, no tickets, etc. My interest rate goes up in January and also I'll be graduating from college in December so I'm contemplating upgrading to the 09 ZX6r when i have this opportunity. Financially, I should be able to do it, not sure about the increase in insurance.

What do you guys think? I love the 250 but I didn't envision myself having it as THE bike for the rest of my riding life.
CrzyFstMnM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #2
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
That seems like a lot for a two year old bike, even if it is a new two year old bike. Have you researched everything online for prices?

Old September 5th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #3
CrzyFstMnM
ninjette.org member

I didn't really look. What i was thinking was that new ones (2010) sell for like $10500 here so figured around $3000K off is a fair deal for a new "old" bike. The retail value for a used 2009 ZX6r is $6700

Old September 5th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #4
ScraitT
Green!

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 04 Honda CRF230F, 94 Honda XR80R

Id say no personally.

Firstly, that's not an amazing deal. I don't think it's a bad deal, but it's definitely not a once in a lifetime deal. You'll be able to buy a "new" 2011 for that price in a few years somewhere if you want.

But that aside, you don't sound financially ready for the bike. You should be able to say without a doubt that you can afford the bike easily. It's a toy, not a necessity, you shouldn't be potentially putting yourself in a bad financial situation for a toy. You're going to have the cost of the bike, PLUS your insurance (in most cases) will go WAY up, PLUS the maintenance on a 600 is a lot more then a 250. There's a lot more then just the price of the bike.

Old September 5th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #5
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Not sure what your riding skill level is at this point so an important question you have to ask yourself is are you ready for a larger less forgiving bike?
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #6
CrzyFstMnM
ninjette.org member

yea guess i should research the price some more. What i mean when i said i think i can is that right now I CAN afford the bike easily. I calculated rough payments at a high interest rate and i can easily do that. I just never want to say yes because things can change quite easily until i hit the "Buy" button. I figured insurance will go up quite a bit but from what my agent said it will go up a little but not much because it is a secondary vehicle and then it will go down in March when i turn 21. What do you mean by more maintenance? I usually don't do it on my own, I just take it to the dealer and I pay $150 total for everything.

-Snake,

Yea you are right. That is why I have been mulling over last couple months now. I feel that I am ready. I am going to be test riding one of my friends bikes an R6 so i think i can get a feel for it. Obviously not going to decide right now.

Old September 5th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #7
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

The ninja 250 can be run on a few dollars per month haha. Those inline 4's are a lot more complicated so the maintenance and parts tend to be a bit more expensive. This doesn't even account for the significantly crappier gas mileage (which is still better than most cars).

Like it's been said already, that price isn't spectacular or anything. If you want to upgrade go for it, but better values can probably be found on the used market.

Oh and theft...not sure where you live, but supersports tend to get stolen.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #8
ScraitT
Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyFstMnM View Post
Financially, I should be able to do it, not sure about the increase in insurance.
In your first post you never said "easily afford", you just said that you THINK you should be able to afford it. So your first post makes your finances seem questionable. Hence my responce before

Personally, I wouldn't buy a bike unless I could pay it off within 6 months (maybe a year, but no more). But thats me....as I said, a bike is a convenience, a toy, not a necessity, so I'd never put myself in an even slightly unsure financial situation for one.

I'd also double check with your insurance agent. Have them run the exact make and model, and give you an exact quote, not just say "it shouldn't go up much". A lot of people see a 250 and a 600 and don;t know the difference, just that they look similar...you're agent may see the same. The insurance company though, usually knows that a 250 is a mild beginners bike and a 600 is a race bike.

My suggestion if you really want to upgrade...
Save some money...2-3000, or get a small loan from a bank, then sell the 250, get what you can (3500ish probably). With 5-6000, you should be able to find a nice 3-4 years old 600 in great condition. Even if you get a loan from a bank, your payments will be nothing. (that 8k bikes will be 9-10k out the door usually)

Old September 5th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #9
CrzyFstMnM
ninjette.org member

definitely! ha don't worry i wasn't "barking" at you. I totally understand what you are saying.

here is a question that i have thought of regarding used motorcycles. How not to get ripped off and how to make sure everything internal is working great without being able to test drive it? Does that make sense? I mean of course i know that 99% of sellers are good at keeping their bikes in great condition but just curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraitT View Post
In your first post you never said "easily afford", you just said that you THINK you should be able to afford it. So your first post makes your finances seem questionable. Hence my responce before

Personally, I wouldn't buy a bike unless I could pay it off within 6 months (maybe a year, but no more). But thats me....as I said, a bike is a convenience, a toy, not a necessity, so I'd never put myself in an even slightly unsure financial situation for one.

I'd also double check with your insurance agent. Have them run the exact make and model, and give you an exact quote, not just say "it shouldn't go up much". A lot of people see a 250 and a 600 and don;t know the difference, just that they look similar...you're agent may see the same. The insurance company though, usually knows that a 250 is a mild beginners bike and a 600 is a race bike.

My suggestion if you really want to upgrade...
Save some money...2-3000, or get a small loan from a bank, then sell the 250, get what you can (3500ish probably). With 5-6000, you should be able to find a nice 3-4 years old 600 in great condition. Even if you get a loan from a bank, your payments will be nothing. (that 8k bikes will be 9-10k out the door usually)

Old September 5th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #10
ScraitT
Green!

I just try to just the owner of the bike and how I think they ride. I generally wouldn't buy a bike with upgrades (exhaust, or other "notice me" type upgrades) and I generally wouldn;t buy from a younger owner.
In reality, anyone can mistreat a bike or treat it great. KKim for example has quite a few things done to his bike, including exhaust, and probably has one of the best kept 250s on the planet.
But without knowing someone, you just use your best judgement.

If a bike looks good, you can always pay a mechanic to give it a look over before you buy as well. Or find a friend with pretty good knowledge to go look with you.

Old September 5th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #11
edbro
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

I wouldn't buy anything that I couldn't test out first. Just bring the cash along with you, to reassure the seller, and I am sure he'll let you test out the bike.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #12
Flashmonkey

A lot of sellers won't let you test ride their bikes unless cash is in hand already. Other options include:

1. Having the seller ride the bike up and down the street

2. Going out on a ride with seller and following him/her on your bike

Be creative

Old September 5th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #13
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

they were 7299 +- this past spring
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2010, 11:14 PM   #14
Reswob
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Triumph Bonneville Black

Get an exact quote from your insurance co. Remember that if you're financing you probably have to get full coverage.

Old September 6th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #15
awesome_r6
ninjette.org member

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2009 R6

OP---I think you can do alot better on the price. I got my 09 R6 (still in crate) for 6700 out the door with my 2000 R6 as a trade in (bike was worth about 2000 maybe). I didnt think the insurance would be much different on a 09 than a 2000.....haha...boy was I wrong. I think it was about 600 extra a year. I can afford it but wasnt expecting that big of a hike. Expect a HUGE jump in insurance.
awesome_r6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #16
backinthesaddleagain

shop around for insurance. with full coverage 100/300 and 1000 deductible I saw a range of 500 - 1200 on my CBR. Geico was highest I saw but not highest on the 250.

Old September 6th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #17
zilaniz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 08 R6

I got an new 08 r6 a few months ago and my insurance tripled and that was the cheapest full coverage I could find. I love my r6 but with a super sport you have to realize they really beat you up on long rides (especially the r6) they have a higher seat high (again especially the r6) and are heavier. They also constantly want to go fast you need to be mature, if I had my r6 when i was your age I would be dead they want to go fast all the time - that's what they were built for. The power can easily corrupt you and the delivery of the power is completely different than the 250. my r6 is "sort of" mellow until you hit 10k then it just explodes with violent acceleration.
zilaniz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #18
CrzyFstMnM
ninjette.org member

yea definitely i'll take everyone's advice. seems to me ill try to work on the price. I didn't realize that $8000 was bad for an 09 (shows you how much i know). I just figured since 2010s go for $10,000 its not that much different. I just personally don't want to go with anything prior to an 09. I will see if he can cut me a better deal.

As far as the power is concerned I definitely have thought about it a lot. I feel like I am responsible enough. I haven't tried anything remotely crazy on my 250. Never tried any tricks, didn't speed that crazy. As long as I realize for sure that my actions will affect my life directly i should be fine which is what I am doing now anyways. Especially until i become comfortable with the riding style and throttle im not going to be doing anything other than my short commute.

Old September 6th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #19
Flashmonkey

Quote:
As far as the power is concerned I definitely have thought about it a lot. I feel like I am responsible enough. I haven't tried anything remotely crazy on my 250. Never tried any tricks, didn't speed that crazy. As long as I realize for sure that my actions will affect my life directly i should be fine which is what I am doing now anyways. Especially until i become comfortable with the riding style and throttle im not going to be doing anything other than my short commute.
I think you'll be okay to be honest. As already mentioned, the deal isn't spectacular but it isn't bad either. If you feel that you're financially ready for it, go for it! A bike is only worth as much as you are willing to pay for it....just remember that. If you look at that bike and you start getting light headed and all fluttery in the stomach, you'd be an idiot if you didn't buy it.

Old September 6th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #20
kingkang204
ninjette.org guru

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): Bike-less, Can I ride yours?

Just wondering, your signature says riding safe and smooth. Realistically the ninja 250r has all the power you need to ride safe and smooth. But in the end it's your choice if you want to upgrade. Just a couple things if you plan to though; 1. it may sound stupid but always check the kickstand because the kickstand on a 600 is nothing like a 250 kickstand and 600's lean over more. 2. Never rush yourself, the clutch on a 600 is reallllllllllllly sensitive and you can stall it very easily unlike a 250. 3. The throttle response is nigh and day compared to the 250 which makes down shifting easier but can also make problems if you grab a bunch of throttle. But overall never push yourself too hard when starting riding the 600, learn at your own pace and never do something that feels too uncomfortable.
OH and if you do decide to buy a 600, my best suggestion is to either take a long test ride or a couple of short test rides, because i got an 2006 r6 and 3 weeks later turned around giving it to my brother to ride because it was more fun to use 100% of the ninja than just a little of the r6. Keep in mind 600's have sharper stiffer steering (my r6 felt like steering was very stiff) unlike the 250 where you can flick it left and right.
kingkang204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2010, 07:28 PM   #21
highpsiguy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 1981 Honda Cx500 Custom, 2002 Ninja 250

With the current economy I would not dare buy a new bike. Maybe, you have a job waiting on you when you get out of college...I dunno. Slightly used bikes are going for almost nothing compared to new. If you really want that particular model shop HARD and only buy it when you find the condition you want at the price you want. It may take a couple of weeks but you will save TONS! Dont sell the 250 until you are absolutely sure you are in love with your new two wheeler.

Personally I feel the economy is fixing to crash to much worse than the Great Depression. I am not going to have any big purchases until I see what is going to happen for sure.

Old September 6th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #22
CrzyFstMnM
ninjette.org member

Wink

Flashmonkey - Exactly how i feel when i see the ZX6r at the showroom when I take my 250 in for servicing.

kingkang204 - Great Advice on what to keep in mind! By safe and smooth, when i wrote it, was to never put yourself in a situation where you won't be riding safely and smoothly. Ultimately that doesn't depend on the bike but rather how you treat your bike yea? You can get hurt riding a 250 or a 600. Of course a 600 provides more encouragement for danger but thats where i have to check myself.

highpsiguy - Yea I know the economy might not be that great but I feel like I'm in a position to not have to worry that much about a bike. I am Aerospace Engineering student who has a really good job as a research aide (gets paid quite a bit more than typical) and my Master's degree tuition is guaranteed to be fully covered. I would never try to sacrifice my education for a bike. I have thought about it a lot. Not trying to act spoiled or greedy - just considering my financial situation.

Thanks to all for some great advice. Definitely have a few more weeks/months of planning. Will let you all know what i decide to do. If anyone has more advice please give :]

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #23
revstriker
ninjette.org sage

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja zx6r

Quote:
Hey guys,

So I've been mulling this for the last few months. So the dealership I go to for servicing has 2009 ZX-6Rs for sale for $7,999. They decided not to buy any 2010s and just bought rest of Kawasaki's inventory of 2009 models since Kawi didn't change anything. I've had my 09 250 for two years now, have not dropped it, haven't gotten into any accidents, no tickets, etc. My interest rate goes up in January and also I'll be graduating from college in December so I'm contemplating upgrading to the 09 ZX6r when i have this opportunity. Financially, I should be able to do it, not sure about the increase in insurance.

What do you guys think? I love the 250 but I didn't envision myself having it as THE bike for the rest of my riding life.
That's more than I paid for my 09 zx6r in 2009. I think if you look around you should be able to get a better deal than that.

I would say if you have the cash to buy the bike, then go for it. If you have to finance, then I wouldn't do it. But that's me.

As for insurance, it will go up quite a bit.
revstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #24
highpsiguy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 1981 Honda Cx500 Custom, 2002 Ninja 250

highpsiguy - Yea I know the economy might not be that great but I feel like I'm in a position to not have to worry that much about a bike. I am Aerospace Engineering student who has a really good job as a research aide (gets paid quite a bit more than typical) and my Master's degree tuition is guaranteed to be fully covered. I would never try to sacrifice my education for a bike. I have thought about it a lot. Not trying to act spoiled or greedy - just considering my financial situation.

You mean I am giving a rocket scientist advice !!!???

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #25
CrzyFstMnM
ninjette.org member

ha don't say it like that...advice is great no matter who is giving it and who is receiving it. i was just saying that financially my degree and job i have as a "rocket scientist" will be good enough. Education comes first so I only even thought about upgrading when i found out that tuition will be covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpsiguy View Post

You mean I am giving a rocket scientist advice !!!???

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #26
Flashmonkey

For what it's worth, though, the way I look at this situation is:

"Given my skill level, and my intended use of this motorcycle, a 10 year old CBR600F4/F4i, or even a 5 year old Kawi 636 will feel 90-95% the same as this brand new ZX6R, for a few thousand less. Is that 5-10% of extra tech and 'bling' worth the several thousand dollars that I would have to pay for it?"

If you can honestly say 'yes' to this, then go new. But if I was you, I'd be looking at a 636...they're prettier.

Then I'd spend that saved money on new gear. Like a sweet perf leather 2-piece.

Just tossing you some options and perspective to consider....new bikes are hawt but they're $$$.

Old September 6th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #27
kingkang204
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
For what it's worth, though, the way I look at this situation is:

"Given my skill level, and my intended use of this motorcycle, a 10 year old CBR600F4/F4i, or even a 5 year old Kawi 636 will feel 90-95% the same as this brand new ZX6R, for a few thousand less. Is that 5-10% of extra tech and 'bling' worth the several thousand dollars that I would have to pay for it?"

If you can honestly say 'yes' to this, then go new. But if I was you, I'd be looking at a 636...they're prettier.

Then I'd spend that saved money on new gear. Like a sweet perf leather 2-piece.

Just tossing you some options and perspective to consider....new bikes are hawt but they're $$$.
I agree with you, i got a brand new 2010 ninja 250r and in my opinion i would have felt the same about the bike had it been a 2008-09 used. My 2006 r6 was used and the way is see it is thats its new for me. My suggestion though is that if you choose the used route, get it inspected by your local dealer that is certified in that brand of motorcycle.

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:07 PM   #28
CrzyFstMnM
ninjette.org member

I totally get what you guys are saying. I am not saying new as in the sense that I want a brand new "3 mile odometer" bike. I'll give you my example,

For the Ninja 250 I knew that I wanted to go with at least a 2008 Ninja 250 because of the changes Kawi made. I couldn't find any in my area then so I had to go with a NEW 2009 model.

Same reasoning I have for getting an 09+ ZX6r. I may be superficial but I like the look of the 2009+ ZX6r way more than the previous generation ones. I also know that there are mechanical differences as well such as the steering damper and the forks. Can you blame me for wanting a bike that also has the looks I want?

If I can get find an 09 Used ZX6r of course I will consider it much more than a brand new one from the dealer. Do you guys understand what i mean?

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #29
kingkang204
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I totally get what you guys are saying. I am not saying new as in the sense that I want a brand new "3 mile odometer" bike. I'll give you my example,

For the Ninja 250 I knew that I wanted to go with at least a 2008 Ninja 250 because of the changes Kawi made. I couldn't find any in my area then so I had to go with a NEW 2009 model.

Same reasoning I have for getting an 09+ ZX6r. I may be superficial but I like the look of the 2009+ ZX6r way more than the previous generation ones. I also know that there are mechanical differences as well such as the steering damper and the forks. Can you blame me for wanting a bike that also has the looks I want?

If I can get find an 09 Used ZX6r of course I will consider it much more than a brand new one from the dealer. Do you guys understand what i mean?
Completely forgot about 2009/2008 model differences i completely agree with you 2009 way better than 2008.

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #30
backinthesaddleagain

I hear you. I bought my 250 and my 600 new. Only had 1 used bike, 1 PE175 Suzi. Looked good as far as wheel bearings, chain/sprocs, frame tubes, rims, etc. First time I cleaned the airfilter it had a hole in it. Put in a new one. A couple weeks later bottom end con rod bearing failed. I realize the high depreciation and deals on used bikes, but bikes are often an emotional buy and I dont buy a bike that often (well since 83,84,85,86 LOL)

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM   #31
Werehusky
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): Ninjette(sold), 2011 ZX-10r

8000 isn't bad for a new zx6r 09, around here they are 7500-8300. The dealer I ended up going to I got it for 7100 OTD. If you can sell the 250r for 3,500 dollars(which will porbably be hard because the market is flooded with them) then a 8000$$ zx6 will only cost you about 9400(dealer fees, TTC, and freight charges).

If you want to finance Kawa is doing a pretty nice promotion were intrest is low for 24 months then it hikes. Right now If I were you, and the 250 interest rate is about to hike then I'd try to sell it and pay it off.

You also might want to call your insurance broker and see if your insurance can transfer and how much it'll be. Mine did.

The ZX6R uses premium fuel, unlike the ninja. So factor in that cost also. I've had my ZX6R 09 for 3 days and have gone over 300 miles. Changed the oil/Filter at 200miles for 30 bucks and only spent 12$ on gas so far. It gets about 40-50mpg.

The ZX6R is a beast, especially the 09-10 model. It won 600cc bike of the year for a reason. You might want to see if your dealer will price match, and try to find somewhere close by that sells it cheaper and have them price match it. It's always worth the effort. I paid cash for mine, but I'm not a college student lol.

If you do decide to get it, make sure they dont overcharge you with the freight fee. Have the finance guy go over EVERYTHING with you before you sign anything. If you see a $800 freight charge call them out on it, thats an issue around here.
Werehusky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #32
backinthesaddleagain

RI dealer charges $125 for freight/setup on Japanese bikes, not bad IMO. closer to $300 on Euro bikes.

Old September 6th, 2010, 11:06 PM   #33
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

You gotta decide what you're getting for the extra money ? For sure, the bigger moto will go faster but no further. More comfy,,,nope, more dependable...nope. Get to the point where you can ride the 250 close to it's limits and you won't need a bigger engine. besides, somebody once told me it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bike slow...he was right.
Now...if you're riding 2 up...totally diff story of course.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #34
ScorpionNinja

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Ill say no, but depends on what are you gonna ride the zx-6R like? That thing wont be allowing you to do any Iron butt rides, errr Tours. Im not talking bout a 2,000 mile trip, but like a 500-800 mile 2 day trip, you'll be spending more and more time -pulling over and resting your ass- than Riding it!

Unless you like riding like superman. Sportbikes, well most of them, are only good for Limited-Short riding ranges!!!

The 09,10' Ninja 650R might be something better for you, over-all. Hey, i can only guess here.
its funny when people talk about "upgrading from a 250R, to a ZX???". Supersports are much more insurance then "sport" class bikes. The 250R and 650R are marked as "Sport" class, so for insurance reasons they will be much cheaper then "supersport" class bikes. You will have to shop around for quotes to find the best deal for insurance, but a ZX6R will be about 3-5times the 250R, at Least! (from quotes i was getting for myself)

Their is soo many things to consider when getting another bike, but it sounds like a ZX6R isnt for you, by the way of your questioning, IMO!

IMO, the 250R is a near perfect Starter bike, but when you outgrow it due to your motorcycle riding lifestyle...
(mine is more of a long rides, 2UP with GF alot, needed more comfy upright position)
then you'll know the type of moto that would best suite your needs!!!

But if its "looks", , "speed", "MORE POWER", etc... then just get a Busa!

I'll also add that, when i first rode my new 650R... i MISSED THE AGILENESS of my 250 while just putting along the parking lot about 25-30 MPH. I havent ridden a ZX6R, but ill just say ill BET that it wont be Flicking left and right at 25-30MPH low speeds like the 250 does!!!
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #35
revstriker
ninjette.org sage

While the zx6r is not as upright as the 250 or 650, it is not that much more uncomfortable. I've been on a couple of rides that were over 300 miles a day without an issue. But you have to remember not to put all your weight on your wrists.

I agree about the insurance costs.

Old September 7th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #36
fujimumu
ninjette.org member

Name: Kensai

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
I think you have a bit more riding to do on the 250.
fujimumu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #37
revstriker
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujimumu View Post
I think you have a bit more riding to do on the 250.
So you think riding crazy, speeding, and doing tricks is the prerequisite for upgrading to a larger bike?

Old September 8th, 2010, 09:51 PM   #38
CrzyFstMnM
ninjette.org member

So this is weird/awesome if this turns out to be true for me.

I checked with my insurance agent today. Putting in the 09 ZX6r for a formal insurance quote. So I pay $95 a month for my Ninja 250. But with the ZX6r it would go up to $225 a month...

BUT

because I'm on my parents plan and we haven't had any tickets/accidents for the last five years we are eligible to be on State Farm's Mutual (Preferred) licensing group which according to them would only increase my insurance by $30 a month!!! So instead of $225 a month i would only be paying $125...CRAZY. Hope its true. They are going to let me know by Friday.

Old September 8th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #39
Rayme
ninjette.org guru

Name: Remy

Motorcycle(s): '04 sv650s

Its weird you want a 600 when you haven't really been ripping on the 250R. Myself been riding the hell out of it and I definitly want something bigger next year. I just feel like I'm punishing the poor thing on the highway, I'd rather have something that i can easily do what I want to do with instead of downshifting 3 times to pass a car. Builtmaterial quality is another reason I'd like a bigger bike...all the nice hardware they come stock with...mmmhh !

Old September 9th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #40
bamaland
ninjette.org member

Name: chris

Motorcycle(s): 93 kawi gpz500

shop around my friend, that price is too high! example.. right now for maybe $100 more.. i can get a new 08' zx14 with only 7 miles on it. yea given its an 08 but its still only $100 more lol.

but seriously check around..
bamaland is offline   Reply With Quote