ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 17th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #641
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

I'll be doing my second oil change since I had the bike. I'll plan on taking the bike to get it dyno'd to get a base line of what it makes and the A:F ratios before I install my exhaust and the dynojet 2193 kit.

Old May 17th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #642
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Got my hugger from Scott (great to work with) over the weekend. Will install and update pics ASAP. Common weather, break from the rain already.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #643
muzkur
ninjette.org member

Name: Fred

Motorcycle(s): 10' Ninja 250R

I'm waiting money to pickup a turn signal flush mounted and a fender eliminator. Probably in a month I got that mods.
And a new revision in 150 km. Maybe before my weekend ride.

Old May 17th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #644
sledneckrider
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): "Hopper" 2011 SE Ninja 250R

Had to make it mine

I put a few stickers on to make it look a little more personal. I had to make it mine ya know?
bike1.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike5.jpg

bike6.jpg

Old May 17th, 2011, 09:50 PM   #645
ladyrocket
ladyrocket

Name: Megan

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R

New big boy tires!
Bridgestone battlax 016

Old May 18th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #646
rousp
ninjette.org member

Name: Kristian

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R

Recieved a Skidmarx double bubble screen today. Looking forward to install it
rousp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #647
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

waxed my baby, took the fenders out, fixed some stuff, clean oiled chain. good day.
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 01:09 PM   #648
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

My led bolts came in the mail today and I put them on using the stock setup for the wires. They look good but don't seem like they light up my plate very well. Tbh idc because now I can't be pulled over for not having them. They really do look great with the fender eliminator I did last week .

Old May 18th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #649
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

I just changed my oil since I didn't get to do it the other day and just found out I'm missing the washer that goes on top of the spring for the oil filter. Dang.

Old May 18th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #650
whiteboy
ninjette.org member

Name: justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 blue ninja 250r

Tried to do a diy cut on fender and messed it all up now my baby's naked and assless

Old May 18th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #651
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Cut my chain off tonight in anticipation of putting a new one on tomorrow. Also started cleaning three years worth of caked up chain lube.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #652
MiniCog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nathaniel

Motorcycle(s): Past: 2007 250 Ninja 2005 XR650R 2003 KLX400R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob706 View Post
Also started cleaning three years worth of caked up chain lube.
That's always a fun task...

Old May 21st, 2011, 07:27 PM   #653
Live2ride

I just added some reflective white rim stripes that I got at a kawasaki / Honda / Yamaha dealer in manassas. They are far from perfect but idc, I didn't expect them to be. They match the kawasaki stickers that are on the bike, I like them .

Old May 21st, 2011, 09:25 PM   #654
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

Had a busy evening

Did an oil change, drained my old gas from the gas tank, cleaned and lubed my clutch cable and changed my kickstand back to my roaring toyz lowering kickstand because i felt the bike was standing too upright.

I should be all set to go for my first run tomorrow if its not too cold

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:34 PM   #655
tito517
ninjette.org member

Name: Tito

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

I rejetted the carb with a dynojet kit, then i tried putting the bike back together, key word here is TRIED
tito517 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:37 PM   #656
kkim

what's the problem?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2011, 11:45 PM   #657
tito517
ninjette.org member

Name: Tito

Well originally i took the bike apart because i had clogged jets and needed to clean them, once i saw how annoying the airbox was i decided to do the pod filter setup and paired it with bigger jets. The problem is I started this process probably a month ago and I was a wee bit disorganized. Cant say I remember exactly where all the hoses plug back into and how to just put everything back together. Gonna have to buy a service manual cuz i dont wanna risk really messing things up :/
tito517 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #658
Live2ride

I was trying to race a storm home. It had rained earlier in the day so the road lines were still wet. I took a turn a bit too hot and had both wheels slide out; luckily I turned uphill with a stop about 10 yards away. Like I said, both wheels slid out but I kept my cool and kept her up; that was fun . I hit my first dead animal while riding 2 up with my gf on the back, we don't have helmet-to-helmet communication but even at 60mph I could clearly here her yell "EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!" .

Old May 25th, 2011, 07:29 AM   #659
rodeo
ninjette.org newbie

Name: United States

installed a TYGA oval CF exhaust, stage 2 jet kit, k&n filter, and pulled the snorkel... boy that was a long night.

pulling the carbs was no joke! not that it was hard, but just very labor intensive.

...oh and i swapped the crappy screws on the fuel bowls with some stainless socket heads
rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #660
Ria44
is just ok

Name: Maria

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

started putting on frame sliders w my bff's help.
Ria44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #661
Live2ride

I bought my bike with 5,621 miles on it. I rode around for about 2 hours tonight just to make this video.

Old May 29th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #662
lux
ninjette.org guru

Name: lux

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Lubed and greased clutch cable and cable barrel end, installed eBay brake and clutch levers, applied some Bel-Ray waterproof grease to the brake lever contact point (looks like a metal disk with a rubber surround; there was some kind of grease there from the factory so I figured I should put some on). Clutch lever squeaks sometimes, and there's more vertical play than the stock lever. Haven't gone for a ride yet, don't know if it's going to rattle.

Thank you for the DYIs, kkim and noche_caliente!
lux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #663
yeabuddy
ninjette.org member

Name: Vee

Motorcycle(s): 250r SE

Nice 3 day weekend.
Decided to finally install the shogun frame sliders.
Took a couple of hours. Dont know why they call it 'no cut' when you have to cut the sprocket cover !

yeabuddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #664
Cuongism

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Wanna trade rearset adaptors? Yours would look better on my bike

Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 10:42 PM   #665
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Ill be putting on some universal blinkers to replace the one i clipped on a traffic cone.

Oh i ran audio and charging wires on the fazer so i can just jack into a jack at the base of the seat. Now i can have my iphone either in the tank bag or in a mount and all the wires run under the tank and seat.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 10:46 PM   #666
seldom
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Blue Ninja 250R

I gave my ninjette a face lift with a double bubble windscreen, a new tank pad.
seldom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #667
MiniCog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nathaniel

Motorcycle(s): Past: 2007 250 Ninja 2005 XR650R 2003 KLX400R

I have it tore apart at the moment. 1/3 of the engine is sitting on a towel on top of a table 3 feet from the right side of the bike. My roll away tool box is sitting caddy cornered to the bike and table with my "track" tool box and my socket set also on top of the roll away.
I have paper towels stuffed into the airbox and the cylinder head and I have electrical tape on top of the petcock and vacuum lines and all of the lines to the carbs to keep the critters out of the engine. The tractor is sitting in front of the left side of the bike, the front loader about a foot from the left side. I just got back to Dallas and I won't see it until Friday night.

Can't wait to get my parts this week and rip more stuff off of it next weekend and get 'er going! (IF the parts come in soon enough.)

Old May 30th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #668
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Today I pulled my engine down for a rebuild. I did a little damage in May . I got into some pre Ignition and holed a piston. No biggie .But I don't want to do that again. So I am going to do all sort of stuff involving data acquisition Like make a dual exhaust system with not only O2 sensors to measure the air Fuel ratio .But I am going to add exhaust gas temp sensors as well.

Also I will polish the combustion chambers and deshroud the valves I have till September to get it all together .That seems like a long time ,But I have a lot to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg engine rebuild.jpg (148.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg damaged stock head.jpg (133.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Piston damage.jpg (87.0 KB, 4 views)
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #669
angela7171
CVMA #717

Name: Angela

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250, '12 BMW s1000rr

Track Day

www.motoyard.com DOUBLE track day (Streets of Willow and the big track). First time using my own bike at the track. Very pleased with how the Bridgestone Battleax BT 45's performed.

Last futzed with by angela7171; June 6th, 2011 at 09:38 PM.
angela7171 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2011, 04:20 AM   #670
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Took all my fairings off including, for the first time, the front fairing. I finally switched my headlight and mirrors to the new front fairing I've been sitting on for a year (I put a small crack in the original by trying to ride off with a cable lock threaded through the tire/forks/fairings). I'm going to repair the original and sell it.

Anyway, at the same time, I bought a pack of eight rubber well nuts and eight blue bolts with the intention of replacing all the bad rubber well nuts on the bike. After finding several more well nuts than I knew existed before, it turns out that it wasn't nearly enough. Ah well. Eight blue bolts wasn't nearly enough either, though I really only bought the $16 pack for the well nuts. Now it's going to cost me $32 total for all the bolts and well nuts but buying them from someplace else would only give me miss-matched bolts!

Here are the locations of all the rubber well nuts that I know of:
2x in the tail fairings under the passenger seat/solot sport cowl.
2x in the undertail, one of which requires removing the right-side passenger peg (you can leave your exhaust "floating")
2x in the RH lower fairing
2x in the LH lower fairing
2x in the windscreen
2x in the fairing stay under the windscreen/upper fairing (longer bolts from the bottom of the windscreen)
2x inside the upper fairing for the headlight mount

Even though I've never taken the front fairing off before, I found one of the inner well nuts holding the headlamp on to be smashed into two pieces, so this shows that it has nothing to do with users not being careful and everything to do with bad rubber. The only four that could be reused in my case were the two in the RH lower (probably replaced on a previous dealer service) and the two in the upper windscreen (go figure... the MOST exposed). Even so, they were badly deformed and it likely would not have been possible to remove them. Luckily, I didn't have to remove the windscreen ones to transfer it to the new upper fairing.

At the same time I replaced a couple plastic rivets with ones from a generic metric bike hardware kit from Cycle Gear. Only one of my six small rivets was broken but I replaced two to keep things even (they looked different; the kit only had two that fit). I replaced the front-facing large rivet because all of them looked ratty and, well, the kit only included one large rivet that would fit. There was a much smaller one that sill looked to have the right size underneath but I'll try that one in the future.

I removed my gauge cluster to replace the rubber bulb over the trip meter reset button but I somehow misplaced my replacement and had to put it all back together. It was actually the only reason I decided to go ahead and spend all day taking everything else off and now I'm going to have to do it again. I finally found the rubber piece AFTER arriving at work but I needed it all back together to get to work. Unfortunately, I spent too long looking for it and had to hurriedly put it all back together. As a result, I dropped and lost one of the tiny copper lock washers from an electrical terminal on the back of the gauge cluster and I forgot to reconnect my speed sender untill AFTER the upper fairing and shroud parts had all been secured and riveted. That was tough to do blindly! I forgot to reconnect my headlights until all the fairings were installed but that was MUCH easier.

I found that getting the two well nuts between the windscreen and the upper fairing stay installed with shorter bolts (like with a colored bolt kit) was almost impossible to do by reaching around and squeezing the well nuts. I could only get one to thread that way. Instead, I took the fairing off and partially threaded the well nut just enough so that it was still straight (not deformed) and then worked the fairing into place, forced the well nuts into the stay mounts, and screwed them down to secure.

Despite my coolant leak on the left side (intermittant drip; dries white/chalky), my reservoir was at full after months of not checking (almost impossible with the fairings on). I actually left in the middle of all that to buy coolant because I was so sure that it would need some! Yes, I did check with the bike level/upright.

I did encounter some problems. When I first turned the bike back on, I had no light behind the speedometer. After moving the bike only a tiny bit it came on and stayed on for my test ride and my commute to work. It appears to be fine but I don't know what caused it. Perhaps the missing copper washer? Now that I've found the replacement rubber bulb for the trip meter reset button, I'll be taking it apart again but I'd like to know if I need one of those little copper lock washers BEFORE I go through that again (I don't want to do it a THIRD time!). Also, I can see some light bleeding in from the right of my fuel gauge so the alignment is off there somehow. That's all stuff to look at when I do the rubber bulb! That said, I tore the old rotted rubber bulb into three pieces when trying to get it out before I knew I had lost the replacement so I had to rubber cement it all back together to keep water out. Condensation inside my gauge cluster from the rotted bulb + rain has caused crazy-weird behavior in the past.

Oh, and I cleaned all my old fairings in a tub, which made for one heck of a clean-up job with tons of pebbles/grit and waxy/oily stuff in the tub. I doubt I'll try that again. I did find that I've run over things that scuffed up the undersides of my lower fairings so I need to polish them with some rubbing compounds to see if that helps.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2011, 09:34 PM   #671
Live2ride

I rode her to work and the forecast said the rain would be an hour later than it was...I got soaked on my way to work and so did my ninjette. I just ordered her some new goodies too . A 15t front sprocket, a db puig windscreen and a nice tank bag. O, and I ordered my new A&L rearset adjusters earlier too... I can't wait to get this stuff on my bike; they will all be my first real mods to it .

Old June 2nd, 2011, 04:58 PM   #672
Live2ride

I hit the 8,000 mile mark pulling into my driveway after work. Idk how I could ever part with this amazing little machine, it's so damn fun in the twisties .

Old June 2nd, 2011, 05:03 PM   #673
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

I am hoping to go to the store and pick up some car soap so I can wash her up!

Finally got pictures up!
blink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:02 PM   #674
leia
ninjette.org member

Name: Leia

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Rode it, woooo! My longest ride yet (like 20min) and first time I let my boyfriend ride with me. I followed him, worked well.
leia is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM   #675
exploring/carolina
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Took the exhaust system off today, cleaned, sanded, primed, and painted with 2000F primer & flat black paint. The painted exhaust parts were rusty, but solid. Decided to paint the complete exhaust system.

exploring/carolina is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 02:22 PM   #676
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Took spare front wheel to get tire mounted on it for $15:

"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #677
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

I scratched my tank with my jacket somehow so I'll be putting on a tank pad. I also need to clean and lube my chain after the ride in the rain. Also ordered an aero skirt for my Scorpion Exo 400 helmet to reduce the wind noise. My Dainese one piece came in. Just need to clean it and recondition the leather.

Old June 6th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #678
Live2ride

New puig db windscreen, new tank bag, new A&L rearset adjusters, and I haven't put the new 15t sprocket on yet.

Old June 6th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #679
heylookitsfranco
ninjette.org member

Name: Franco

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2006 Ninja 636

replaced my front headlamp bulb and adjusted my suspension... I think it had been on the softest setting before, and I have turned it to the hardest... I guess we'll see how it rides tomorrow morning

Old June 6th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #680
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by heylookitsfranco View Post
replaced my front headlamp bulb and adjusted my suspension... I think it had been on the softest setting before, and I have turned it to the hardest... I guess we'll see how it rides tomorrow morning
Lol I have mine at the highest and I keep loosing bolts!! I need to lower it again but I think the vibrations are causing to bolts to fall out...