ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old July 30th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #1
YORCHI
n00b

Name: Jorge

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Ninja 250

First ride with a friend

My friend and I rode out about 35 miles today. He has an SV650 and we rode through some areas where the speed limit was 55 so that was the fastest I've gone so far. Still not ready for the freeway so we just rode on the streets.

I felt good in traffic, I followed him and it was a pretty good safe and enjoyable ride through some areas I hadn't been to before. Worst part was when we made a u-turn at a light and I had to take it really really wide while he made it look super easy

Got my first bug on the faceshield too, it was a fat juicy one lol

Then when the sun started coming down and it wasn't hot as hell outside I decided to take a local 2 lane road as far as it went in one direction. On Google Maps it looks like a very mellow road with minimal curves that stretches for quite a long ways. I wanted to ride until I got tired and then turn around but my ride got cut short when the road suddenly changed to a very beat up gravel path with a ton of potholes. I didn't wanna risk anything so I just found a house with a nice sized driveway and turned around. I saw a few new restaurants that are right on the water that I will bring my wife to once she gets her gear.

And that was my Saturday. I took video but they are boring since nothing exciting happened. Not even worth trying to edit and upload.

I'm at 160 miles on the Ninja now. 90 more and I'm going to try taking the freeway

#KCCO
YORCHI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #2
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

Danger. Danger. Danger.

You may start to enjoy this stuff.

Careful.

ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 12:12 AM   #3
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold), 2006 Daytona 675 in Tornado Red (sold), 2007 Ninja 650

Sounds like you had a good time! Riding is a good way to spend a Saturday.
U-turns get easier with experience.
hoodadooda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 04:41 AM   #4
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
"U" is not my favorite letter. I'm glad you had fun!

Old July 31st, 2011, 02:25 PM   #5
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

Looks like a fun ride, and try putting more miles under your belt before you go 2 up ride safe
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote