ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old October 2nd, 2011, 05:47 PM   #1
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2011 white se 250r , 2008 zx6R

for those with the hot bodies undertail

i just bought a hot bodies undertail off ebay.. wandering if theres any special tips to install this thing to you guys that have done it that isnt in the DIY? also i have a LED flasher already but i have led flush mounts up front, will my turns still work properly now being that all 4 will be led? thanks guys..
greatwhiteninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2011, 07:08 PM   #2
5evenz
ninjette.org member

Name: Sev

Motorcycle(s): 09' 250r Thunder Blue

Make sure your relay is an Ep34 and not an Ep12, i went through 3 trying to figure out why my signals would not work. Also with 4 LED signals you will need some more resistors or the diode kit from modmy250.com.

The undertail itself is beautiful from a far and a good fit for some but a nightmare for others. Mine sits about a 1/4 inch below the bottom of my rear seat (above the tail light) but there are a few good DIY's to help.

Also check the red/black wire connections to the signals themselves on the undertail as both of mine came undone on separate occasions and i have had to tear it completely apart 2 times to reconnect them.

Use a very sharp box cutter to trim if needed (some don't).

Find a way to secure the tail light as the vibrations rubbing plastics will cause a fine dust to collect in between the light and the undertail.

Basically follow as many DIY's as you can and read them many many times over.

also set aside at least a day to do it......

GOOD LUCK! Hope it turns out well.
5evenz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2011, 08:44 PM   #3
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

so with all my signals now being LED just having the correct flasher they wont work? , ill have to check which one i got, i wanna say its the EP12 but cant rember.. so with the correct flasher the diode kit or resistor is a must??

Old October 3rd, 2011, 03:39 PM   #4
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

I did the diode mod and got the electronic flasher... I'm fairly certain it is all necessary... it's been quite a while since I've done mine. I know that the DIY's were fairly self explanatory and worked well for me. Good luck and let us know if you need specific guidance
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2011, 07:51 PM   #5
5evenz
ninjette.org member

Yeah each stock turn signal draws around 1.7 ohms. LED's draw considerably less and without added resistance (ex. the diode kit) they will not flash regardless of the relay. You might get away with 2 stock bulbs and 2 LED's as the stock ones will draw enough for the others to work normally but you need either the diode kit or to wire in more resistance.

Old October 6th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #6
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

ok so just got this today and got it on.. gonna hit radioshack in the am and get some resistors, in the DIY it says use 8ohm resistors but thats with only running 2led's.. i have 4 now.. does 8ohms wired into each of the rear signals sound right for keeping the lights working correctly ??

Old October 7th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #7
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

oh, forgot to post a pic

Old October 7th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #8
5evenz
ninjette.org member

Nice!! looks good, no gap between the cowl either? pretty sharp how was the install?

Old October 7th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #9
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

it was a pain! lol.. honestly not to bad since i already had my rear fairings off once before and i already had a modded rear fender. but i had to mess with a little and do the foam pcs to help lift it back up some by the lamp.. but overall it turned out pretty good. i didnt realize when i bought it that the whole pc is smoked, i assumed it was black. but once on the bike and up against the stock undertail it looks black so im happy. now to figure out the turns ! got another thread going on that .