ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old July 2nd, 2011, 09:39 AM   #201
ferret09
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): None yet

I got paid just in time to order! I'm order #92.
ferret09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2011, 10:10 AM   #202
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

I'm wondering if the kink in the brake line would make the rear brake soft - today, my rear brake was loosing pressure. The pedal would be really easy to press down and had little braking power. After a few pumps on the rear brake, the pressure got better. But I noticed that the rear brake would loose pressure during the ride, and the rear brake would have little power and needed some pumps to build pressure.

This is the first time I noticed this problems even though I installed the rear brackets a few months back.
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2011, 01:04 PM   #203
ASquared150
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

Can I still get in on this? What do I do to get me some of these sweet adjusters?

Old July 2nd, 2011, 06:10 PM   #204
Dr Honda
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): Buell XB12Ss, Victory Vegas, DRZ400, XR50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASquared150 View Post
Can I still get in on this? What do I do to get me some of these sweet adjusters?
Yes, the code is good till the 4th. (ninja250) That's 20% off.
Dr Honda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:28 AM   #205
ASquared150
ninjette.org member

Order #93 - Thanks!

Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:59 PM   #206
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince_2149 View Post
Received today and installed on my pregen tonight.
If anybody with an 07 or prior bike was interested in purchasing these, you can tell that they weren't made for the pregen due to a few issues on the rear brake side, but they still bolted up just fine after a few adjustments.
Thanks!
what are these few issues on the rear brake side? I'm about 98% ready to pull the trigger seeing as I have to have it ordered by tomorrow. Just want to be sure of what I'm getting myself into
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:40 PM   #207
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
order number 94! I did it. I'm planning on woodcraft lowered risers as my christmas present to myself this winter, so I figured these were necessary now while I got a good discount

Old July 4th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #208
vince_2149
ninjette.org member

Name: Vincent

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
what are these few issues on the rear brake side? I'm about 98% ready to pull the trigger seeing as I have to have it ordered by tomorrow. Just want to be sure of what I'm getting myself into
Sorry I didn't reply quicker. Was at work all day, then went out after.

Depending on how aggressive you want the rearsets (I went with the most aggressive slot available and it feels perfect), you may lose your rear-brake tail light switch depending on how you set everything up. The rearset would hit the switch when I was bolting it on, so I just tilted the switch 45* but that makes it so the rear brake lever no longer actuates the brake light. You may be able to figure something else out better, but seeing as how I'm always using the front brake when I'm using the rear brake, it didn't bother me too much.

I think that was about it, honestly. Other than a spot on the brake side that rubs against the frame as well, but that doesn't hinder anything really.
vince_2149 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2011, 06:00 AM   #209
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Thanks that doesn't really sound so bad. good thing I bought them

think I could fab up a small bracket to move the switch up an back the same amount that I move my rearset so it still works? I'll try something when I get it and post up pics

Old July 7th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #210
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:

Depending on how aggressive you want the rearsets (I went with the most aggressive slot available and it feels perfect), you may lose your rear-brake tail light switch depending on how you set everything up. The rearset would hit the switch when I was bolting it on, so I just tilted the switch 45* but that makes it so the rear brake lever no longer actuates the brake light. You may be able to figure something else out better, but seeing as how I'm always using the front brake when I'm using the rear brake, it didn't bother me too much.

I think that was about it, honestly. Other than a spot on the brake side that rubs against the frame as well, but that doesn't hinder anything really.
I shaved off the spots that rubbed the frame by taking a dremel to my brand new rearset adjusters but thats ok cuz it works. And I solved the rear brake switch. I enlarged the hole in the rear brake switch mounting braket so it was big enough to accomodate the threaded part of what was the third bolt holding on the right rearset. I then took off the bracket, flipped it, put the screw in, and screwed the switch back into the bracket. then I used my fingers to just thread it back into the hole that said bolt was originally in, only from the inside of the frame, not the outside where it was before. then I just bent the spring connects the switch to the pedal about 3/8 of an inch above the normal hook, and hooked that to the pedal. now I have a brake light when I use my rear brake. sorry I didnt take pictures. It was kind of a think of it as I went deal

Old July 7th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #211
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
and i do have to say I'm very impressed with A+L motorsports. I ordered these on the 4th and they got to me on the 6th. wow. thats two days. I wasn't expecting them to even get around to my order for a couple weeks since that's what the site said. what a great suprise!

Old July 8th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #212
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:

Any pictures of these concerns guys? I've been busy and haven't had time to install them yet but I'm not sure I want to start modifying stuff to make them work.

Is everyone having these same issues?

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2011, 08:04 AM   #213
ASquared150
ninjette.org member

is there a DIY or instructions up anywhere for the install on these?

Old July 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #214
vince_2149
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
Any pictures of these concerns guys? I've been busy and haven't had time to install them yet but I'm not sure I want to start modifying stuff to make them work.

Is everyone having these same issues?
These issues are only on the pregen models since they weren't manufactured specifically for them. Looks like you have an 08+ 250 though, so you should be good to go

Old July 8th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #215
vince_2149
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I shaved off the spots that rubbed the frame by taking a dremel to my brand new rearset adjusters but thats ok cuz it works. And I solved the rear brake switch. I enlarged the hole in the rear brake switch mounting braket so it was big enough to accomodate the threaded part of what was the third bolt holding on the right rearset. I then took off the bracket, flipped it, put the screw in, and screwed the switch back into the bracket. then I used my fingers to just thread it back into the hole that said bolt was originally in, only from the inside of the frame, not the outside where it was before. then I just bent the spring connects the switch to the pedal about 3/8 of an inch above the normal hook, and hooked that to the pedal. now I have a brake light when I use my rear brake. sorry I didnt take pictures. It was kind of a think of it as I went deal
I'll have to save this for sometime when I'm bored and want to reconnect my rear brake switch to my brake pedal. Sounds like you did an awesome job with the setup.

Old July 9th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #216
pop0tart
ninjette.org member

Name: Dash

Motorcycle(s): stolen :(

I installed mine on the bottom hole on the back row and my upper brake line was definitely kinked. It took about 20 minutes to drain the fluid and cut the line to a more appropriate length and refill the reservoir/bleed the line. The brake fluid probably needed replaced anyway. If you're tall (I'm 6'4"), these adjusters are a must. As far as any other issues, when the time comes to replace the lower brake line, I may opt to use a banjo bolt that doesn't have an angle built into it, but that would be down the road and only for aesthetic reasons.
pop0tart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #217
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Is there a noticable difference when you just ride with it kinked? Also, I have removed my brake line holder to install the Sportisi undertail so mine no longer runs along the swingarm and loops back (runs above and loops down). I assume that this means kinking will not be a problem for me?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #218
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

Just recently I noticed my rear brakes fading, and needing to be "pump" to build pressure - this is with the lowest setting and a kink in the brake fluid line. It had not happened for the first couple of months after installation.
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 7th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #219
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

on the A&L website, it said that the problems have been worked out so i ordered mine... other than the possible rear brake line issue (depending on the adjustment) is there anything else i should know about? besides a more comfortable ride
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #220
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 250

hey if you guys can and want, would one of you be able to scan the piece and email it to me when you receive it? I have some aluminum and tools at work and probably can make this myself.
jonnyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #221
dubojr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
hey if you guys can and want, would one of you be able to scan the piece and email it to me when you receive it? I have some aluminum and tools at work and probably can make this myself.
I think it would only be fair then to create your own design. May just be easier to buy a set.

Old August 8th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #222
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
I think it would only be fair then to create your own design. May just be easier to buy a set.
I am not going to copy it exactly, it would just make it easier to get the holes right and measurements that make sense. This is my first bike and I wouldn't know where to start as far angles and distance that I should use... You guys can save me a lot of trial and error plus I like making things myself.

Old August 8th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #223
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

If you have the material / tools then all you have to do is take measurements of the distance between the mounting bolt holes on the rearsets and fabricate your own. I actually fabricated a very simple one before buying in this gb to decide if I liked the positioning or not; it wasn't too hard to make a simple one but I can't in my good conscious send you the design to copy such a good product. Please don't ask us for the specific design because that's unfair to the manufacturer imho.

Old August 8th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #224
dubojr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
I am not going to copy it exactly, it would just make it easier to get the holes right and measurements that make sense. This is my first bike and I wouldn't know where to start as far angles and distance that I should use... You guys can save me a lot of trial and error plus I like making things myself.
Personally I'd start with cardboard and then move up to a wood mock up. Once the wood is where you want it then you can make the final metal copy. That should be plenty to have fun with making stuff on your own.

Old August 8th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #225
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Ok gotcha guys. Can I get the disance that the set gets moved, is it at the same exact angle as the stock one? Just pm me, I don't wanna take the tread. Thanks.

Old August 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #226
dragonboy
ninjette.org member

Name: JT

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE Green Machine, 2011 250R SE White Lightning

For those with brake kinking problems

My cable kinked at the lowest setting so after hearing about all the issues I decided to shorten the hose. I stretched it out first and there's about an extra inch of hose and it will still go back to stock. I unbolted the reserve, flipped it and removed it. Making sure to not spill anything and set it aside upside down. I then cut off an inch of outer and inner brake hose. I kept the offset the same. Inner hose is longer than outer hose. You'll see. I reinstalled and no more kink. Went on a couple rides and it feels great at the lowest setting. You'll probably have to cut more if you go really aggressive, but at that point you can always buy new hose if you ever convert it back to stock. No air bubbles and rear brake works fine.

Two important tips:

1. Adjust the rear brake lever angle down. Found a how to on youtube. Super simple. Much more comfortable and looks sportier.

2. EDITED: Check the rear brake light after adjusting the lever, because mine stayed on constantly afterwards. After tearing apart the light and fuses realized the brake sensor nut needed to be adjusted. By lowering the lever you increase the pivot angle and it engages the sensor sooner, which causes the brake light to stat lit.

Proceed at your own risk. It worked for me and try not to get air in you line. Otherwise, you'll have to flush the line. Hope this helps. BTW, quality parts and well worth the price. Can't imagine spending over $100 for the Yosh for the same thing.

Last futzed with by dragonboy; August 9th, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
dragonboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #227
pop0tart
ninjette.org member

Name: Dash

Motorcycle(s): stolen :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonboy View Post
2. Do not mess with the brake sensor. I accidentally turned the nut and my rear brake stayed on constantly. Wife was riding behind me and noticed. Big safety hazard, as i never check. After tearing apart the light and fuses realized it was the sensor.
If you adjust the brake pedal, you're going to have to adjust the brake light sensor as well. There is no way to avoid "messing" with it. It's just a nut that you turn till you find the sweet spot.

I am tall and needed to really lower my pedal, to the point where I needed to trim the bolt that the clevis attaches to in order to allow me to further lower the lever. I may be putting a little more stress on the brake springs, but they're cheap and my comfort is priceless
pop0tart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2011, 08:08 AM   #228
dragonboy
ninjette.org member

Name: JT

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE Green Machine, 2011 250R SE White Lightning

Thanks for the clarification. Did not think about the lever angle, but it makes sense since it moves the pivot angle closer to the sensor. Edited my tip accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop0tart View Post
If you adjust the brake pedal, you're going to have to adjust the brake light sensor as well. There is no way to avoid "messing" with it. It's just a nut that you turn till you find the sweet spot.

I am tall and needed to really lower my pedal, to the point where I needed to trim the bolt that the clevis attaches to in order to allow me to further lower the lever. I may be putting a little more stress on the brake springs, but they're cheap and my comfort is priceless
dragonboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #229
Gorilla25
Dakine...

thanks for the heads up and suggestions...brackets were shipped yesterday, so i have something to do now this weekend while im off and my fiance works

Old September 14th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #230
dubojr1

I'm in the process of fitting mine now. Just wondering what you guys think about powder-coating to match the frame color.

I had these done when I had my 4.5" rim done gloss black to match the front rim. He had to make a custom color and I think he nailed it! More pics to follow...

Old September 14th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #231
natek
ninjette.org member

Name: nathan

Motorcycle(s): Honda Ruckus

i like these. seems like a pretty good deal.
natek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #232
Gorilla25
Dakine...

they are a good deal. though, you may want to decide how you want to tackle the rear break reservoir hose issue before installing the brackets. i decided to make a bracket that will bring the reservoir back 2 inches.

Old September 14th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #233
natek
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla25 View Post
they are a good deal. though, you may want to decide how you want to tackle the rear break reservoir hose issue before installing the brackets. i decided to make a bracket that will bring the reservoir back 2 inches.
yeah i've been reading up on all the little details. my first thought was that i would probably swap the lines for braided SS lines and i doubt that would kink.

Old September 14th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #234
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by natek View Post
yeah i've been reading up on all the little details. my first thought was that i would probably swap the lines for braided SS lines and i doubt that would kink.
It's not the line from the MC to the caliper you need to worry about, it's the line from the reservoir to the MC.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #235
natek
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-os View Post
It's not the line from the MC to the caliper you need to worry about, it's the line from the reservoir to the MC.
thanks for the look out. i figured i was over simplifying this. i think making a bracket would be a little harder than just shortening the line. if i did this when i upgraded to SS lines it's not like i went too far out of the way with needing to bleed my brakes again or anything.

Old September 14th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #236
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by natek View Post
thanks for the look out. i figured i was over simplifying this. i think making a bracket would be a little harder than just shortening the line. if i did this when i upgraded to SS lines it's not like i went too far out of the way with needing to bleed my brakes again or anything.
The bracket isn't too complicated. Really just a piece of metal with a hole on each side. See this post for the one I made. But you're right, if you're going to be adding stainless lines anyways then it'd be better to just cut down the tubing from the reservoir to the MC.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #237
natek
ninjette.org member

i found this video to adjust the levers. pretty cool.

Link to original page on YouTube.

but can someone post a pic of what i'm looking for to adjust the brake light sensor so my tail light will work when i use my rear brake after adjusting?

Old March 10th, 2012, 06:58 AM   #238
Steven250R
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 2009 NINJA 250R

Did you finish up making the new batch yet?
Steven250R is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #239
kevin.z
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Black

is there is still group buy on this?
kevin.z is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #240
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin