Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old May 29th, 2019, 09:07 AM   #1
2fiddy-trackpair
ninjette.org member

Name: Fred

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250r

Great forum service

I wasn't sure where to post this so it seemed like this was the best section in the forum. I recently pulled out my 09 250R to get it finished up. I had all the parts for it to complete my build but never found time to put it together until now. Anyway, I cleaned the carbs and was installing the Factory Pro jet kit. The carbs needed a good cleaning and I decided to split them. Not thinking about the o-rings for the fuel tube and vent tube tee, I ordered all the parts other than those. The o-rings were dried and cracked. If anyone has ever had to replace those parts they know that you can not get just the o-rings and Kawasaki wants a crazy amount for the complete tube assembly. I reached out to Gordon (Ducatiman) to see if he would sell me just the o-rings. Without hesitation, and not allowing me to pay for anything, he mailed me the 2 sets of o-rings. This is the kind of people and service that makes this forum great. I just wanted to give a shout out to him for his help. The bike is complete now and runs like a swiss watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (135.9 KB, 0 views)
2fiddy-trackpair is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old May 29th, 2019, 09:52 AM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I had the same experience with @ducatiman when I needed some bowl gaskets. Since then I've sent my pregen carbs to him for a full refurb, and while I thought it ran pretty well before, now I'm absolutely amazed at how much better it runs.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2019, 05:13 PM   #3
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
fiddy and TJ , thank you both for kind words.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2019, 02:49 PM   #4
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Yeah! Go Gordon!!!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2019, 10:15 PM   #5
Ducati999

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Not to down play the generosity of @ducatiman, I want to add a great cheap source that all bike owners should know. Harbor Freight sells sets of Vinton "O"-rings for $10. They have metric kits with multiple sizes that I have found of fairly good quality. I have used them on my Ducati's fuel systems for years now with no issues. The first 2 o-rings I used for the fuel quick disconnects saved me more than the price of the kit and now I not only have several spares but many other sizes just in case.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2019, 06:10 AM   #6
ducatiman

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
Intrigued, I checked, but not one oring in the HF generic kit has any correct size application in EX250 Keihin CVK carbs.

I suppose good to have for other uses...but there are just so many sizes a $10 kit can cover.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote