Old May 1st, 2018, 05:11 PM   #1
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
frustrated about permit in OH

Can anyone from Ohio help me out here?

I was planning to get my permit tomorrow, now I'm not sure if I can. The bmv website says I have to have my birth certificate or a passport to prove I'm here legally, my license doesn't show my "full legal name" (it's always just been my middle initial so it doesn't prove my full legal name - even though that's on my social security card but that doesn't count).

so I'm just left sitting here going "wtf????"

according to the website they are supposed to ask for all this crap whenever you do anything with them (renewing license, etc), but I've been here since 08 and never had to have any of it!

I never had to jump through these kind of hoops to replace a lost social security card!
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2018, 05:23 PM   #2
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I’ve learned through decades of trial & error that life has A LOT to offer. Along with the results you want (great job, hot wife, etc.), there’s simple to-do list that will get you those things. All you have to do is just follow the list.

It’s like the workshop manual for bike. Near end of replacing headlight bulb, there’s final step of plugging in wiring connector for bulb. Simple. You can resist and scream and shout all you want that you should be able to get light without having to connect wiring. But resistance is futile! The more you resist, the more the problem persists.

So... get all your ducks in line and do that list in order. Get your replacement SS card. You will also need it to get that dream job as well.

Sometimes there’s shortcut. Call BMV and ask what they’ll take.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2018, 05:26 PM   #3
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
I’ve learned through decades of trial & error that life has A LOT to offer. Along with the results you want (great job, hot wife, etc.) that there’s simple to-do list that will get you those things. All you have to do is just follow the list.

It’s like the workshop manual for bike. Near end of replacing headlight bulb, there’s a step of plugging in wiring connector for bulb. Simple. You can resist and scream and shout all you want that you should be able to get light without having to connect the wiring. But resistance is futile! The more you resist, the more the problem persists.

So... get all your ducks in line and do that list in order. Get your replacement SS card. You will also need it to get that dream job as well.
I have a social security card. That's what I was saying, I didn't have to jump through these hoops to get that! I'm just pissed that I'm going to have to go all over hell and back to get a copy of my birth certificate to prove that I was born here when they never did that for my driver license/social replacement anything else, why for a frickin motorcycle temp????

Old May 1st, 2018, 05:33 PM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I will see if I can chat with a few people and find out something.

Side note, get your birth cert and keep many copies. This kind of stuff is only going to get worse before it gets better.

Good luck and see you soon!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2018, 05:35 PM   #5
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
There is a new type of I.D ("REAL ID" in WI) that allows access to certain areas that a regular photo I.D. or Driver's License does't.

When you renew your license there are extra things you need to provide in order to get it. If you choose not to, the extra items are not required.

Maybe it's something like that.

From the WI DOT website - http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/li...ly/realid.aspx
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2018, 05:41 PM   #6
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I will see if I can chat with a few people and find out something.

Side note, get your birth cert and keep many copies. This kind of stuff is only going to get worse before it gets better.

Good luck and see you soon!
thanks. I'm just frustrated because it's hard enough for me to get a day off as it is. I had to put the deposit on the bike in between cleans! I've been irritable today (probably due to being on cloud 9 since saturday, had to swing the opposite direction) and this was just the cherry on top. I had totally planned to take tomorrow off to go pay for the bike and arrange delivery and get my temps. well, at least I get to pay for the bike *deep breath* lol.

Old May 1st, 2018, 05:47 PM   #7
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
There is a new type of I.D ("REAL ID" in WI) that allows access to certain areas that a regular photo I.D. or Driver's License does't.

When you renew your license there are extra things you need to provide in order to get it. If you choose not to, the extra items are not required.

Maybe it's something like that.

From the WI DOT website - http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/li...ly/realid.aspx
I just looked that up. Ohio is doing the same thing starting in July of this year. All the documents the article talked about having to have to get the Real ID (proving you are here legally, social security number, full legal name, etc) are what the Ohio BMV page says you have to have to get your motorcycle temps.

Old May 1st, 2018, 06:15 PM   #8
danno25nh
ninjette.org member

Name: Danno

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2009 Versys

It's Real ID I just had to get mine. I brought Passport, Social security card, utility bill,\
danno25nh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2018, 06:43 PM   #9
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
You're overthinking it. Just take a passport or social card and I bet you're good. I really don't remember it being that hard to ever interact with the BMV or DMV or whatever it's called now.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2018, 06:53 PM   #10
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
You're overthinking it. Just take a passport or social card and I bet you're good. I really don't remember it being that hard to ever interact with the BMV or DMV or whatever it's called now.
Most states call it the DMV, Ohio is weird I think I'm going to just try it your way. Go in with my driver license and social and see where that gets me. The only time I've had a passport was when I was a teenager and went to London with my family. Don't they expire after awhile? That was like 20 years ago probably.

Old May 1st, 2018, 07:05 PM   #11
Ram Jet

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
Can anyone from Ohio help me out here?

I was planning to get my permit tomorrow, now I'm not sure if I can. The bmv website says I have to have my birth certificate or a passport to prove I'm here legally, my license doesn't show my "full legal name" (it's always just been my middle initial so it doesn't prove my full legal name - even though that's on my social security card but that doesn't count).

so I'm just left sitting here going "wtf????"

according to the website they are supposed to ask for all this crap whenever you do anything with them (renewing license, etc), but I've been here since 08 and never had to have any of it!

I never had to jump through these kind of hoops to replace a lost social security card!
It sounds like a knee-jerk opposite response to Illinois and California giving out IDs to anyone with a pulse regardless of their origins. Sound like your going to have to give "big brother" just what he wants. Kind of strange coming from a state that allowed one woman to vote five times in the 2012 presidential election.

Bill

Old May 1st, 2018, 07:19 PM   #12
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
It sounds like a knee-jerk opposite response to Illinois and California giving out IDs to anyone with a pulse regardless of their origins. Sound like your going to have to give "big brother" just what he wants. Kind of strange coming from a state that allowed one woman to vote five times in the 2012 presidential election.

Bill
Unwarranted political tirades aside, Bill... *ahem*

It's a movement across more than just Ohio. ID's are being made consistent between states. It's not just voter identification, it's also preventing fakes (college kids) and allowing you to use your drivers license as a quasi passport type identification card when you fly across the country. Having one ID format across states makes things easier for TSA. I'm honestly surprised we didn't start out this way in the first place. I won't be surprised if license plate standardization happens eventually, but that's a little less pressing.

Old May 1st, 2018, 07:57 PM   #13
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

"Your papers please!" isn't far away...

Old May 1st, 2018, 08:56 PM   #14
maverick9611
"a legend in my own mind"

Name: maverick9611

Motorcycle(s): 2015 moto guzzi norge(brownie),2020 aprilia dorsoduro,

MOTM - Feb '18
georgia just redid their license too. to renew you have to show, prove you are a resident of state. a plus show a crapload of paperwork. your cool after that

Old May 2nd, 2018, 05:11 AM   #15
THusker
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

I ran into similar situation here in NE. I didn't need other forms of ID for temp permit, but when I went in for drive exam (by appointment) they wanted birth certificate or passport. I hadn't seen that requirement and it wasn't mentioned when I made my appointment. They just about didn't wait the 10 minutes it would take my wife to bring it down and turned me away at first. They reconsidered though and all went well. DMV has new rules to follow but they are not the enemy. I understand the excitement of trying to get on the road. I was a little hot when the told me I would have to reschedule too after taking time off.
Be patient! TSA does have a lot to do with it. Wasn't that long ago they were talking about having to have passport to fly. I have mine but glad my state adopted the requirement. I much prefer showing my passport once to DMV rather than having to carry my passport to fly domestic.
THusker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2018, 09:39 AM   #16
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
yeah, I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and order my birth certificate tomorrow. Once I have it, I'll make my way to the BMV and get it over with. I can't get into the MSF until July, but I at least want to be able to legally practice a bit.

Old May 2nd, 2018, 10:34 AM   #17
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

I applied for mine a couple weeks, maybe a month, ago in NY. Waiting for my last reference to get his sheet signed by a notary and sent in before a judge accepts the application for review. Call your pistol permit division and ask questions, I had all that extra info with in case but they only asked to see my license. I opted out of the REAL ID after the DMV wouldn't accept a student loan receipt as another source of residency and I didn't feel like having to go back to the DMV with a receipt from my power company.

Each state and county is different with how they handle the application process.

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:08 PM   #18
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

Hello All,
How soon we forget.

Remember 911?

Most of those raghead shits had New Jersey driver's licenses. All nice an legal.

Why you may ask? Because New Jersey did not ask all the right questions. They had picture ID's that let them do just about everything.

If you can't get your stuff together don't cross a boarder because you are not getting back in with a dry back. Now most states are asking the right questions.

Proofs of where you were born, proof of when you were born, proofs of where you live, Proof you are who you say you are.

Sorry maybe We should have "documents please" instead of what's your name.

I have travelled all over the world on a US Passport. I want to visit a country I need to show my passport. One time I visited Egypt in 1979. At the airport they took my passport and loaded us on a bus to our hotels. Man was I pissed because I knew I was out of luck hoping anywhere without that passport. In a few hours I found out why no passport. It was put in the hotel safe. As an American at that time stolen US passports were in high demand. So the word was out. Don't bother an America if all you want to do is steal his passport.

Get your papers on order.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:17 PM   #19
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Racer View Post
Hello All,
How soon we forget.

Remember 911?

Most of those raghead shits had New Jersey driver's licenses. All nice an legal.

Why you may ask? Because New Jersey did not ask all the right questions. They had picture ID's that let them do just about everything.

If you can't get your stuff together don't cross a boarder because you are not getting back in with a dry back. Now most states are asking the right questions.

Proofs of where you were born, proof of when you were born, proofs of where you live, Proof you are who you say you are.

Sorry maybe We should have "documents please" instead of what's your name.

I have travelled all over the world on a US Passport. I want to visit a country I need to show my passport. One time I visited Egypt in 1979. At the airport they took my passport and loaded us on a bus to our hotels. Man was I pissed because I knew I was out of luck hoping anywhere without that passport. In a few hours I found out why no passport. It was put in the hotel safe. As an American at that time stolen US passports were in high demand. So the word was out. Don't bother an America if all you want to do is steal his passport.

Get your papers on order.
I've got it! When a child is born they place a "chip" under the skin (like a dog) and that should take the kid to his grave. "Hey dude, are you wired?"

Bill

Old May 2nd, 2018, 01:16 PM   #20
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

No need for that. Just get your papers in order if you want to be a part of US society, or move to the hills and live "off the grid". There you don't need no stink'in papers.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2018, 01:37 PM   #21
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

I'm not sure when I started rolling my eyes as often coming back to my site, but it's posts and threads like these that make me realize we have a problem.

We've been too lenient and accepting of newer posters not realizing how much of an ass they make of themselves, even with those who might tend to agree with many of their underlying messages.

Keep the political rants elsewhere. Heck, keep the rants elsewhere, unless they are in line with why your motorcycle is pissing you off because it's not ridden enough. Or at the very, very, least - make the rants entertaining and/or funny, rather than coming across like the crazy neighbor that nobody wants to walk past, let alone have a conversation with.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 03:12 PM   #22
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I'm not sure when I started rolling my eyes as often coming back to my site, but it's posts and threads like these that make me realize we have a problem.

We've been too lenient and accepting of newer posters not realizing how much of an ass they make of themselves, even with those who might tend to agree with many of their underlying messages.

Keep the political rants elsewhere. Heck, keep the rants elsewhere, unless they are in line with why your motorcycle is pissing you off because it's not ridden enough. Or at the very, very, least - make the rants entertaining and/or funny, rather than coming across like the crazy neighbor that nobody wants to walk past, let alone have a conversation with.
My apologies if I contributed to the problem. I was just frustrated and trying to figure out what to do. You can lock the thread if you want.

Old May 2nd, 2018, 03:18 PM   #23
1994Ninja250F
‘94 Rider

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): 1994 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F

I have lived in Ohio for almost 20 years now and I’ll start this by saying it doesn’t matter with regards to the middle name vs middle initial thing. My drivers license says “Colin K Taranovich”. To renew my car’s plates, which on the registration only shows my first/last name (no middle name at all), they gave no trouble at all. Same thing with my Ninja, no trouble at all, even though it’s registered in a totally different county where I no longer live (my parents house).

Point is, every document from the BMV I have ever had shows my name multiple ways. Full name with full middle name, full name with middle initial, or full name only (no middle name or initial at all). Never once have they hassled me over it even though like I said, my drivers license shows a totally different address than my car and motorcycle registrations.

The important thing to take from this, is that Ohio requires you to bring a primary ID, and a secondary ID. Primary is drivers license, passport, or birth certificate. Secondary ID, you have a bunch of options. Just to name a few, SS card, college student ID, concealed handgun license, utility bill, military discharge paperwork, W2s and other tax documents. List goes on and on.

Full list is posted on their site. Just gather up literally every one of the ID forms that you have on that list, and bring every single one with you. Shouldn’t have any issues.
EDIT: Here’s the official list of what they accept:
http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/bmv2424.pdf
1994Ninja250F is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 03:45 PM   #24
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
I was going by the BMV website acceptable documents list. My full legal name is not on my driver license and even though it's on my social security card, the only thing they take your social security card as proof of is your social security number. That's why I have the issue of not only proving I was born here, but full legal name.

For all the things they want proof of, I have the card they gave me when I changed my address (proof of address), and my social security card (social security number). For the proof of full legal name and that I was born here, I'm just going to have to order my certificate and wait for it in the mail.

Old May 2nd, 2018, 04:11 PM   #25
DannoXYZ

A tip on shortcuts, government employees are people too! They have same issues all of us face, 24-hr days, death and taxes. WHO you face across that countre and how much they like you has EVERYTHING to do with how much proper documentation you’ll need and how easy it’ll be to get permit. This goes for district attourneys and judges too, so keep in mind for future.

Those workers can be having grumpy day or they can be having great day. YOU can help with them having great day. Be cheerful, respectful, ready to provide them with whatever they need. Perhaps compliment them, but not flatter. Many of them ride bikes themselves or have friends and family that ride. They really do want to help you.

For example, I bought my CBR600RR same week I moved from Santa Barbara. So I brought in all my paperwork to nearest DMV in San Jose. After waiting in horribly long queue, I gave countre person paperwork and was promptly turned away with more forms and paperwork to fill out in triplicate. Turned out previous owner never transferred title to his name and now we need two transfers in proper order... grrr...

So... thinking about this for bit... I realized I used to have great time visiting Los Gatos DMV near my old hometown! I first got my permit there, then my licence, various auto and bike title transfers, etc. So, I went there next day. Not only was there no queue, they even offered me coffee! I got to front before even having a sip. Gave person my paperwork, they said, “ahhh, you need this form, then this form, and this form.. let me take care of this for you!” And they proceeded to click this and that and printed out form after form. Then they filled it out for me! And stamped it! And entered more stuff into computer and printed out more forms and filled it out and stamped it and entered even more stuff. After this whirlwind fury of form processing, I signed final paper and it was done! I had new title in my name!!!

So.. look for softer, easier paths to get to your goals. A lot of times, it’s just finding the right people. good luck!

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; May 3rd, 2018 at 07:52 AM.

Old May 2nd, 2018, 04:58 PM   #26
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
A tip on shortcuts, government employees are people too! They have same issues all of us face, 24-hr days, death and taxes. WHO you face across that countre and how much they like you has EVERYTHING to do with how much proper documentation you’ll need and how easy it’ll be to get permit. This goes for district attourneys and judges too, so keep in mind for future.

Those workers can be having grumpy day or they can be having great day. YOU can help with them having great day. Be cheerful, respectful, ready to provide them with whatever they need. Perhaps compliment them, but not flatter. Many of them ride bikes and themselves or have friends and family that ride. They really do want to help you.

For example, I bought my CBR600RR same week I moved from Santa Barbara. So I brought in all my paperwork to nearest DMV in San Jose. After waiting in horribly long queue, I gave countre person paperwork and was promptly turned away with more forms and paperwork to fill out in triplicate. Turned out previous owner never transferred title to his name and now we need two transfers in proper order... grrr...

So... thinking about this for bit... I realized I used to have great time visiting Los Gatos DMV near my old hometown! I first got my permit there, then my licence, various auto and bike title transfers, etc. So, I went there next day. Not only was there no queue, they even offered me coffee! I got to front before even having a sip. Gave person my paperwork, they said, “ ahhh, you need this form, then this form, and this form.. let me take care of this for you!” And they proceeded to click this and that and printed out form after form. Then they filled it out for me! And stamped it! And entered more stuff into computer and printed out more forms and filled it out and stamped it and entered even more stuff. After this whirlwind fury of form processing, I signed final paper and it was done! I had new title in my name!!!

So.. look for softer, easier paths to get to your goals. A lot of times, it’s just finding the right people. good luck!
You could tell somebody to go to hell and have them look forward to the trip.

Bill

Old May 2nd, 2018, 05:37 PM   #27
1994Ninja250F
‘94 Rider

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): 1994 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
I was going by the BMV website acceptable documents list. My full legal name is not on my driver license and even though it's on my social security card, the only thing they take your social security card as proof of is your social security number. That's why I have the issue of not only proving I was born here, but full legal name.

For all the things they want proof of, I have the card they gave me when I changed my address (proof of address), and my social security card (social security number). For the proof of full legal name and that I was born here, I'm just going to have to order my certificate and wait for it in the mail.
Gotcha. If I were you, I’d just call and explain your situation and maybe they will still be able to help you out. Couldn’t hurt to ask. And if worst comes to worst, then just wait for your birth certificate to arrive and take it from there.
1994Ninja250F is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2018, 06:02 PM   #28
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
You know most city and county offices will print your birth certificate for you. You may need to go to the county you were born in.

I was born and raised in Ohio, I have changed my name 3xs and no issues with just a photo ID and soc. card. My card does not have my middle name but my id does. I agree with 1994, you are over thinking it. If you are concerned take your W2 or other tax papers.

Proof or residence is your ohio DL, it also covers date of birth, name, legal presence. So, all you need is the SS Card.

Old May 3rd, 2018, 07:50 AM   #29
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I always just take a folder full of all sorts of stuff and hand them to the folks they look at one or two papers, hand them back and say thank you; I was told "bringing all that is not necessary" a time or two, I still do it and still smile like a fool when they open it up

It has military papers, birth papers, social security, tax papers, bills, bank info, all sorts of mess, if less folks rolled their eyes when I pulled it out I'd probably stop and just take a few papers

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 05:41 PM   #30
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
i'm going to just have to go in without it and see what happens. trying to get it online turned into a grade a cluster fluff (the website keeps refusing my credit card) and the office you can get it from in akron is only open 2 days a week. good luck with that, as it is I can't even get the day off to get my bike delivered due to a packed schedule. my sales guy is most likely going to have to ride it to my house for me (he offered, and I already know/trust him in that regard).

I just keep saying to myself "i will get through this. I will be having fun on my bike soon, deep breath"

Old May 3rd, 2018, 06:17 PM   #31
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Like I keep telling myself with parts for my current bicycle build... if it's worth having, it's worth waiting for.

Old May 3rd, 2018, 09:25 PM   #32
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
It will all come together for you

Old May 4th, 2018, 11:57 AM   #33
glas482
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 1972 Honda CB 350, 1989 Yamaha TW200, 2008 Suzuki Vstrom 650

I'd say just head to the DMV and give it a try. I've found the folks behind the desk are usually more reasonable than the official printed line. I've also found that not all the offices operate to the same guidelines. Maybe try a different office in a different county if its convenient.

best of luck

Old May 4th, 2018, 04:46 PM   #34
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
i got my birth certificate today so I'm all good. a woman from the office called me and explained the reason my card kept getting refused is because my bank always declines their website for some reason. she got the certificate ready for me and i went in between cleans and grabbed it.

so now I will find a moment to get to the bmv and get her done

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old May 4th, 2018, 06:52 PM   #35
DannoXYZ

Yeah!!!

Old May 4th, 2018, 07:30 PM   #36
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by glas482 View Post
I'd say just head to the DMV and give it a try. I've found the folks behind the desk are usually more reasonable than the official printed line. I've also found that not all the offices operate to the same guidelines. Maybe try a different office in a different county if its convenient.

best of luck
Huraaaaay!!!! You won the battle against "Big Brother". Good goin' David.

Bill

Old May 5th, 2018, 03:58 AM   #37
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I had that issue with PNC when I used them. For some reason, PNC got declined a bunch. It never showed up on my bank statements or credit reports. It was never because of my balance, it was because of PNC. losers.

I no longer use them. What a shame...

Old May 5th, 2018, 12:04 PM   #38
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Congrats on getting your paper

Old May 5th, 2018, 06:37 PM   #39
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I had that issue with PNC when I used them. For some reason, PNC got declined a bunch. It never showed up on my bank statements or credit reports. It was never because of my balance, it was because of PNC. losers.

I no longer use them. What a shame...
When she called, the first question she asked was if it was a Huntington or PNC account. It's something to do with their security, they don't let the transaction go through.