ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 21st, 2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[webbikeworld.com] - AKE BT Multi-Interphone Bluetooth Intercom System Review

Rugged system with good audio and sound volume.

Click here for full story...

Old March 21st, 2010, 09:32 AM   #2
DRivero
ninjette.org guru

Name: Debbi

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250 (Sold); 2008 Ninja EX500

I just bought this system from a seller on Ebay. I've only hooked it up in my own helmet so far, and getting it mounted was a little tricky, but now I've got it in there perfectly and it works just fine. I've tested it out on the road, for a couple short rides. No highway or long rides yet, but so far it does everything it promises to do. It answers calls automatically; you can reject calls if you can hit the button on the helmet unit quickly enough (I haven't managed it, thus far ><). That aside, callers can hear me clearly, even at speed, and I can hear them, PLUS when not on a call I can listen to music on my phone, which totally rocks (although the audio quality is a bit thin compared to, say, an iPod hooked up to headphones) . Only "problem" is that I can't help but dance when I hear music, so I've gotten a few looks at the stoplights.

I've never been one to have tons of music loaded onto my phone, but now that I have this, I'm downloading like a madwoman! (By the way, if anyone has an Android-based phone, there's an app in the Market called Music Junk--sort of like LimeWire--all the songs you want, and they're free!)
DRivero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:13 PM   #3
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRivero View Post
I just bought this system from a seller on Ebay. I've only hooked it up in my own helmet so far, and getting it mounted was a little tricky, but now I've got it in there perfectly and it works just fine. I've tested it out on the road, for a couple short rides. No highway or long rides yet, but so far it does everything it promises to do. It answers calls automatically; you can reject calls if you can hit the button on the helmet unit quickly enough (I haven't managed it, thus far ><). That aside, callers can hear me clearly, even at speed, and I can hear them, PLUS when not on a call I can listen to music on my phone, which totally rocks (although the audio quality is a bit thin compared to, say, an iPod hooked up to headphones) . Only "problem" is that I can't help but dance when I hear music, so I've gotten a few looks at the stoplights.

I've never been one to have tons of music loaded onto my phone, but now that I have this, I'm downloading like a madwoman! (By the way, if anyone has an Android-based phone, there's an app in the Market called Music Junk--sort of like LimeWire--all the songs you want, and they're free!)
I use Pandora Radio on my iPhone with Parrot SK4000 helmet kit. There is a Pandora client on Android Market too.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:09 PM   #4
DRivero
ninjette.org guru

Name: Debbi

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250 (Sold); 2008 Ninja EX500

O.M.G.....Pandora radio is so very cool. I just downloaded the app. I typed in "Beastie Boys" (yes, you heard me: Beastie Boys. Oh word!), and scrolled through the artists it chose for me. In addition to the Beasties, it chose:

Rage Against The Machine
Beck
Gorillaz
Run DMC

Perfect! Now I'm going to create a punk station, an alternative station, and who knows what else!! Thank you, CZroe!
Posted via Mobile Device
DRivero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2010, 06:07 AM   #5
ninjabadger
ninjette.org member

Name: Corey

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki 250R, 2008 Genuine Buddy 50

hey CZroe, do you use a full face with your parrot? I've always liked the design of that system and have considered buying it on several occasions but for the way the mic is set up. How does it work for you?
ninjabadger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjabadger View Post
hey CZroe, do you use a full face with your parrot? I've always liked the design of that system and have considered buying it on several occasions but for the way the mic is set up. How does it work for you?
Yes, I do use it with a full-face helmet (GMAX GM58S). 4 of 5 times, people said that they could hear me great with the mic outside the helmet and couldn't tell the difference when I moved it but I get consistently good results with it pushed all the way back so the mic sits under the chin mesh. I added a windskirt so it's now between the skirt and the mesh, poking through one of the vent holes in the skirt.

The skirt was really for protecting my own hearing from my helmets darned whistling, though it didn't help AT ALL. To top it off, the kit just wasn't loud enough in this helmet due to the speakers being recessed in the speaker pocket areas. Ironically, if the helmet had no speaker pockets it would have been perfect without modification but it really benefitted from those 50mm eBay leatherette earcups AND I stuffed the pockets with tissue to push 'em even closer to my ears (they stick onto the outside of the pocket with a velcro-like texture). Now it gets TOO loud!

I saw that Fry's dropped it to $180 after I paid nearly full MSRP on my preordered unit (~$230-$280). Though Engadget claimed it was released in 2007, the actual release was delayed more than 1yr to November 2008.

Old March 24th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #7
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRivero View Post
O.M.G.....Pandora radio is so very cool. I just downloaded the app. I typed in "Beastie Boys" (yes, you heard me: Beastie Boys. Oh word!), and scrolled through the artists it chose for me. In addition to the Beasties, it chose:

Rage Against The Machine
Beck
Gorillaz
Run DMC

Perfect! Now I'm going to create a punk station, an alternative station, and who knows what else!! Thank you, CZroe!
Posted via Mobile Device
Anytime! Wait until it starts suggesting things you've never heard based on your preferences. I get all kinds of stuff I've never heard before on my The Crystal Method station. Believe it or not, it has figured out my tastes so well, I've even gotten "Beastie Boys - Sabotage" played on my TCM channel!

Old October 16th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #8
bwillielv
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): between bikes

I have these and they work fantastic! I purchased them at www.cyclecoms.com because they give a 1 year warranty on all intercoms.
bwillielv is offline   Reply With Quote