ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Notices

Old August 6th, 2017, 06:25 PM   #1
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
What's wrong with the internet or life cycle of a know it all noob

My one friend mentioned this to me today, i checked it out and figured i would share.

Basically my friend mentioned some vlogger's video that i remembered, then went on to say how he made an ass out of himself and it is all laid out on his youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCke...CCZA_pw/videos

In short

Dude gets an R3, goes through typical beginner phases, this is great, bike is great, don't need anything else, ive learned so much in my several months of riding blah blah, i'm getting a bigger bike (insert typically rational here)

Gets Daytona 675, BEST THING EVA! These are easy to ride, 300's are stupid anyone can start on a 600 SS or similar, I do lots of immature stupid stuff, but i'm smart and will not screw up Dude takes a bad crash

Gets back riding, eventually gets another Daytona, has an even worse crash

So what is wrong with the internet... this guy. How many people did this jack wad give advice to and they probably took it. Has 160k subscribers

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2017, 06:53 PM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I suppose it's not very different from emulating the cool guy in high school who had a fast car or motorcycle, it's just a bigger class size. I tried to teach my kids to think for themselves, and so far things are going OK for them. They made it to their 20s, anyway.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2017, 08:11 PM   #3
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
So what is wrong with the internet... this guy. How many people did this jack wad give advice to and they probably took it. Has 160k subscribers
I blame it on the parents.. or rather lack of parenting. When I was growing up, there was always someone at home, my grandma, my mum. My parents spent a lot of time raising me and teaching me things. To have manners, values, to make decisions not based just on my instincts or impulses. At 14-yrs old, they even encouraged me to go dirt-bike riding with my friends, so I can learn in a safe setting (relatively). When I was flunking out of UCSB, my dad came down for a month to live me, make me meals, do my laundry, tutor me and helped me with homework.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old August 20th, 2017, 03:27 AM   #4
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Before I clicked the youtube channel link I thought to myself "it's probably Yammie Noob"... and yep: it's him

Yammie is kind-of, famously stupidly. He seems to have some awareness of his stupidity at least. Thankfully there are also people like Royal Jordanian to counteract his extreme stupidity. I think there are more stupid riders out there than smart ones, but I think that observation can be applied more generally to all of humanity. I pretty much agree with @JacRyann . It's more about parenting than it is the medium we use to communicate. If a person doesn't know how to accurately discern and to act wisely, then they're gonna copy people doing stupid sh!t or make up their own innovative brand of stupid sh!t regardless of what communication mediums are out there.