ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old June 15th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #161
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

I would love to come up, but it's a REALLY long drive when you add a 4 year old into the mix, and then there's the problem of what to do with him and the hubby when we're all out riding... all in all, not the best combination

Old June 15th, 2009, 05:51 PM   #162
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
Not sure how that's going to work out. Some of us already took days off and Sunny, for sure, has already booked out a cabin. I know BR, Joe and I were probably looking to book real soon too...

Riding in the rain sucks but traveling down 7 hours (13 for BR) to meet with 2-3 people would suck even more. How committed are people to a rain or shine event? Damn weather - anyone know how to do the sun dance?!
if you come i will ride but if it down pours im running for cover until it stops. i have a feeling it might rain at night than during the day. got a 60% chance for showers at night. now on the other hand im having a hard time with my carbs so hopefully i will have that all sorted out before sat.
c_anglada is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #163
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_anglada View Post
now on the other hand im having a hard time with my carbs so hopefully i will have that all sorted out before sat.
what's the problem?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #164
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
what's the problem?
well i removed the snorkel and shimmed the needles with and m3 washers. i used 1 washer and the low to mid range was bogging until i gave it 1/2 - wot so i added another washer a total of 2 on each carb still have the same prob. then i added .5 to each carb( i found an old jet kit for my atv that had an extra set of needles and flat washer with the c clip thingy) and still the same prob. i did notice when i pulled the spring out the washers got stuck(nothing crazy but still) some what to the white plastic thing thats in the spring. so im wondering if its that. and just to test i pulled the cover to the air box off and it seemed to run better.

Old June 15th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #165
kkim

Quote:
well i removed the snorkel and shimmed the needles with and m3 washers. i used 1 washer and the low to mid range was bogging until i gave it 1/2 - wot so i added another washer a total of 2 on each carb still have the same prob. then i added .5 to each carb( i found an old jet kit for my atv that had an extra set of needles and flat washer with the c clip thingy) and still the same prob. i did notice when i pulled the spring out the washers got stuck(nothing crazy but still) some what to the white plastic thing thats in the spring. so im wondering if its that. and just to test i pulled the cover to the air box off and it seemed to run better.
first- it's 3mm washers, correct?
second- mind explaining the bolded text?

washers look about this size when they are on the needle?

Old June 16th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #166
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I am thinking even if we get in a one - two hour ride it's good with me. Meeting folks is a good objective to me. We might not bbq but that doesn't mean we can't hit up some resturants... Or something.. But don't come on my account. If you bail though drop me a line so I know not to expect.

Again though rain or shine I am going to be up there.

Old June 16th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #167
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
first- it's 3mm washers, correct?
second- mind explaining the bolded text?

washers look about this size when they are on the needle?

yeah i fixed the carbs... yes i used a 3mm aka m3 flat washer. what i noticed is that there are different sized 3mm washers mainly the outside dia. and the thickness of the washer. basicly the washers i used to shim the needles were to big (outside dia.) even though its a 3mm flat washer it wedge its self in the white plastic piece that holds the needle down which caused the needle to get stuck or hung up every now and then. here is a pick of all the different 3mm flat washers i found feel free to use this pic for whatever reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTyke View Post
I am thinking even if we get in a one - two hour ride it's good with me. Meeting folks is a good objective to me. We might not bbq but that doesn't mean we can't hit up some resturants... Or something.. But don't come on my account. If you bail though drop me a line so I know not to expect.

Again though rain or shine I am going to be up there.
i agree
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1306.JPG (151.6 KB, 1 views)

Old June 16th, 2009, 09:02 PM   #168
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja 250R

Can we get a firm go or no go vote or something on whether the rally is happening? The chances of rain are actually getting higher (now at 50%) and the headcount is only 5 of us + a few others. And if it rains, I'm sure we'll lose a couple too... and BR might have run into a coupla snags. And I don't want people to come out because they feel obliged to. So, I hope you guys understand, but as much as I love meeting new people, I'm not too keen on driving 7 hours in the rain for a small meet.

As of now, I'm leaning towards a cancel/reschedule.
Nemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2009, 05:46 AM   #169
jdkvice
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Yar, the rain is already here in northeast ohio.
jdkvice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2009, 07:38 AM   #170
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Just checked Weather.com and it is still calling for 40% chance.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdet...3&from=weekend

Old June 17th, 2009, 07:50 AM   #171
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

I think you guys should still go - it's a great opportunity to meet folks that you've been chatting with and who ride the same bike. Even if you can't go for much of a ride, it's more about the people than the roads IMHO. And personally, I think it's kind of mean to say 5 folks isn't worth it, but that's just me. If I didn't have a 4 year old, I would be there in a heart beat, even if it would just be me and Sunny and Phil....

Old June 17th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #172
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

aww Kate!

I'll get down that way one of these days

Old June 17th, 2009, 10:03 AM   #173
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
I think you guys should still go - it's a great opportunity to meet folks that you've been chatting with and who ride the same bike. Even if you can't go for much of a ride, it's more about the people than the roads IMHO. And personally, I think it's kind of mean to say 5 folks isn't worth it, but that's just me. If I didn't have a 4 year old, I would be there in a heart beat, even if it would just be me and Sunny and Phil....
I knew I would be the bad guy for posting first but the meet was definitely more about the people than the ride. But I've checked the weather for my entire route down and I think BR has as well... and its a 7 hour ride (+border crossing, stops and food) in the rain just for me to get down there. If I was only a couple hours out, I'd be the first one there rain or shine.

Plus the plans with BR, Buffalony and I have changed so we no longer have an emergency vehicle/trailer and, I don't want to speak for them, but from our messages if it rains and BR can't get her trailer set up in time, they were probably also looking to cancel/reschedule.

And honestly I had a grand image of anywhere from 20-100 people. Again, no offense intended, but 5 people and the possibility of 2-3 isn't much motivation to ride 1400kms. But there's still plenty of time in the summer so I'd be perfectly willing to see a rescheduled event.

Old June 17th, 2009, 10:22 AM   #174
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Apparently I had more realistic view of things. While there are a lot of people mapped in our areas this is still a small bored.

If we had twenty people I would have been blown away. 10 or so was what I was figuring. Just as this great forum started out with a few people it will grow in the years to come.

Either way it comes down to this... It is up to you. No one is going to make you go or make you stay.

I know that I probably won't be able to make any other time for a reschedule this year but then again I also know this most likely will not be the last meet ever either. There is always next year.

And Nemy your not a bad guy for suggesting the rescuedule. The part that hurt was saying it wasn't worth it to drive 7-8 hours to meet 5 people. That was what bothered me. Perhaps the next meet can be arranged in NY so it is less of a drive for you folks. Suggetions are always welcome to improve for the next time.

Old June 17th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #175
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

well we need to come up with a decision i agree 7+hr trip is not worth it just to meet and ride either way let me know asap if you are coming or not so i can let my peeps know whats up

Old June 17th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #176
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
And Nemy your not a bad guy for suggesting the rescuedule. The part that hurt was saying it wasn't worth it to drive 7-8 hours to meet 5 people. That was what bothered me. Perhaps the next meet can be arranged in NY so it is less of a drive for you folks. Suggetions are always welcome to improve for the next time.
Ya sorry I think that came out wrong. When I said I wasn't too keen on driving 7 hours for a small meet I already had the knowledge that BR and Joe might not be available. And I was more referring to the fact that a bigger meet (i.e. 50 people) would have been easier to convince myself to drive 7 hours in the rain alone.

But I'm not sure if the meet is small because the board is small. Maybe if we do one closer to a metropolitan area next it might work for those unwilling/unready to travel distances on their bike... cause the thing that frustrates me is that we had 8 250s come out to my last meet but at most 5 for a meet that was scheduled 3 months in advance for the whole North East... and I'm sure all of us are kind of frustrated with that...

EDIT: ya sorry, I'll have to pull out chris

Old June 17th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #177
kkim

Quote:
what i noticed is that there are different sized 3mm washers mainly the outside dia. and the thickness of the washer. basicly the washers i used to shim the needles were to big (outside dia.) even though its a 3mm flat washer it wedge its self in the white plastic piece that holds the needle down which caused the needle to get stuck or hung up every now and then. here is a pick of all the different 3mm flat washers i found feel free to use this pic for whatever reference
<Sorry for the OT, people... just wanted to clarify something...>

Chris,

3mm refers to the outside diameter of the washer, so you can't have different sized outside diameter 3mm washers. All 3mm washers should measure, um... 3mm OD.

<now, back to your normally scheduled programming>

Old June 18th, 2009, 06:57 AM   #178
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

There is always going to be a problem with distance for anyone really. With this particular one we choose twisties over convenence. It happens.

If there isn't going to be anyone let me know, I don't mind sleeping in on Saturday... (This is the last weekend before my trip to Cali...) So I don't mind either way.

Old June 18th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #179
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

ok we are up to a 60% chance of rain the whole day with t-storms. i think its safe to say we should reschedule

Old June 18th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #180
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

Just found out that my new vehicle is no longer legal on the road as of midnight tonight. The dealership never requested a new registration for my personalized licence plates that is currently on it. So tomorrow i have to chase the dealership for my roof and the motor vehicles for a new registration. Just crossing my fingers that the cops don't scan my plates tomorrow. And lastly never received my passport so i can't cross the border. What a week. But on the bright side i did receive my new hitch carrier today and rode my bike all week just got my suv back tonight from my parents. Maybe i'll be able to make it next time.

Old June 18th, 2009, 08:34 PM   #181
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

I'm passing on a text message I just got from Joe (Buffalony). His internet's been down the last coupla days (explains his absence ) but with the weather coming our way he's not going to be able to make it either.

Old June 19th, 2009, 04:00 AM   #182
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven View Post
Just found out that my new vehicle is no longer legal on the road as of midnight tonight. The dealership never requested a new registration for my personalized licence plates that is currently on it. So tomorrow i have to chase the dealership for my roof and the motor vehicles for a new registration. Just crossing my fingers that the cops don't scan my plates tomorrow. And lastly never received my passport so i can't cross the border. What a week. But on the bright side i did receive my new hitch carrier today and rode my bike all week just got my suv back tonight from my parents. Maybe i'll be able to make it next time.
So what does your personalized license plate have on it?
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #183
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

TRUCKRZ means truckers....i'm starting to think that snake is not reading the threads just posting

Old June 20th, 2009, 03:39 AM   #184
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven View Post
TRUCKRZ means truckers....i'm starting to think that snake is not reading the threads just posting
Yea your right BR I missed your post under the "personalized tags" thread. I think it was the green TRUCKERZ that threw me off. Any way here are some suggestions for your bike.

1) TRUKR = trucker
2) RAVEN = raven
3) LIL1N = Lil One
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2009, 02:17 PM   #185
Buffalony

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

This was upsetting.

Old July 17th, 2009, 06:39 AM   #186
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Welcome back Joe!

Old July 17th, 2009, 09:00 AM   #187
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2004 BMW 1150RT

Chin up, Joe. I watched the posts and decided not to chance taking time off work to ride out east, not knowing IF there would be a Ninjette event or not. This Ninjette Rally thing is still in the infant stage. Now there is a whole year to plan for a 2010 rally!
sugarbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2009, 09:34 PM   #188
Buffalony

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Quote:
Welcome back Joe!
Thanks Sunny. Glaaaad to be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbear View Post
Chin up, Joe. I watched the posts and decided not to chance taking time off work to ride out east, not knowing IF there would be a Ninjette event or not. This Ninjette Rally thing is still in the infant stage. Now there is a whole year to plan for a 2010 rally!
I broke up a vacation week for the event.
Cant wait to have a serious meet one day.
BTW: didnt know you were watching.....u ninjette stalker

One day we all shall meet. That day all will smile.

Old July 21st, 2009, 06:57 AM   #189
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2004 BMW 1150RT

Stalker? Who, me??? No, I'm MOSTLY a Lurker and generally harmless
Back on topic: Sometimes it takes awhile to organize an event, but once the ball gets rolling and the word is out, people will come around.
Sorry you gave up vacation time and the Ninjette Rally didn't happen
Now there's time to make it happen for next year!
sugarbear is offline   Reply With Quote