ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old February 6th, 2018, 10:51 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Tamela Richs New Book For Women Motorcyclists with Solo Wanderlust

Tamela Rich’sHit the Road: A Woman’s Guide to Solo Motorcycle Touring” seeks convergence between the growth in female motorcycle ownership and women’s dominance in the solo traveler segment. The book helps women get the most of their solo vacations by planning around their “Traveler Type” and shedding their fears. The book addresses safety head-on, including how to deal with the travel dangers that women fear most. We look forward to checking it out ourselves.

Begin Press Release:

CHARLOTTE, NC – February 6, 2018 – While women own 14 percent of all motorcycles, and two-thirds of all travelers are female, television travel expert and Iron Butt Association member Tamela Rich wondered whether women’s love of solo travel extended to motorcycle touring.

Not yet. Women define the solo travel category, but when it comes to motorcycling, they tend to ride with others.

“I surveyed a group of women who attended the 2017 Mid-Atlantic Women’s Motorcycle Rally, and I learned that over two-thirds of respondents had limited or no solo riding experience,” says Rich, the author of a new book, Hit the Road: A Woman’s Guide to Solo Motorcycle Touring.

This data validated what Rich had observed anecdotally amongst fellow female riders. “I belong to several women rider groups on Facebook where members confide that the men in their lives discourage solo travel, but that’s not the only reason they tend to tour with companions. Fear and lack of confidence in their mechanical skills are also reasons that hold some women back. I have faced these obstacles myself, and share my experiences, advice, and encouragement.”

Hit the Road helps readers:
  1. Identify their Traveler Type
  2. Learn to plan the perfect itinerary for their Traveler Type
  3. Understand their fears and how to overcome them
  4. Choose personal safety devices and strategies best suited to them
  5. Learn money-saving tips—to spend more time on the road
  6. Prepare for travel by downloading checklists for packing, mechanical inspections, tools, and emergencies
  7. Understand what to do if something unwelcome happens on a trip
  8. Experience the joy of traveling solo without feeling lonely
    And much more…
Rich points to the recent motorcycle industry report by “Give A Shift” that emphasized the role women will play in revitalizing the motorcycle industry. Among other findings, Give A Shift notes that children raised by women who ride are more likely to do so themselves. “We know that women love solo travel, and when they take up solo travel by motorcycle, future generations will follow,” she says.

ABOUT Hit The Road: A Woman’s Guide To Solo Motorcycle Touring
“Hit the Road: A Woman’s Guide to Solo Motorcycle Touring” helps women get the most of their solo vacations by planning around their “Traveler Type” and shedding their fears. The book addresses safety head-on, including how to deal with the travel dangers that women fear most.

Trade Paperback
Retail: $19.99
ISBN: 978-0-9840473-2-1

Digital:
Retail: $5.99
ISBN: 978-0-9840473-3-8

Quantity discounts available beginning at 50 copies.

ABOUT Tamela Rich

Television travel expert and Iron Butt member Tamela Rich based her TEDx Talk, “Chance Encounters Can Change Your Life” on her experiences as a solo traveler. Tamela founded and operates the “Mountains & Music Motorcycle Tour Series” from North Carolina. Hit the Road: A Woman’s Guide to Solo Motorcycle Touring is her second book. Website: www.TamelaRich.com email: Tamela@TamelaRich.com

Tamela Rich’s New Book For Women Motorcyclists with Solo Wanderlust appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...