Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old January 7th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #41
laraider
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r green(sold) 2009 zx6r green

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00v_Lucky View Post
Let me know when you're going to upgrade to the 7D so I can take that one off of your hands
don't think from 5dII to 7d is an upgrade
laraider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #42
Beast
Pure Imagination

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 08' 250r, '07 Vespa LX150 (it counts right?)

Quote:
Let me know when you're going to upgrade to the 7D so I can take that one off of your hands
That'd actually be a downgrade Once you go full-frame sensor, you don't go back hehe. The 7D may have a few superior video settings, but it can't compete with the glory of the full frame

Old January 7th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #43
laraider
ninjette.org member

50miles so far, almost accident for 3 times now, just had one scary moment today, as i was crossing a railroad in traffic, i focused on the front tire as it cross the rail, the car in front of me suddenly stopped...i almost hit it head on, now the msf course paid off, i didn't hit the breaks, instead i swerved to the right and then stopped...im not sure is it really my intention or i just freezed my right hand, i just didn't hit the breaks right away. anyways, im now so happy i didn't get a 600 as my first bike...

Old January 7th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #44
Beast
Pure Imagination

You're definitely not ready for GMR (or any other canyons for that matter). It's good to know you're smarter than that and know your limits. Canyons are no place for fresh riders prone to easy mistakes.

Glad you're okay Steven.

Old January 7th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #45
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): '09 Candy Thunder Blue Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
That'd actually be a downgrade Once you go full-frame sensor, you don't go back hehe. The 7D may have a few superior video settings, but it can't compete with the glory of the full frame
Yea, I do not know much about canon. I personally would go for the D3s for the great ISO
00v_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2010, 12:21 AM   #46
Beast
Pure Imagination

Quote:
Yea, I do not know much about canon. I personally would go for the D3s for the great ISO
The D3s is WAY more expensive albeit a great camera The ISO on the 5DM2 can go up to 25,600. Granted there is a bit of noise, but you can shoot in near darkness with a good low light (f/1.4) lens hehe.

Old January 8th, 2010, 07:34 AM   #47
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

So what do you guys think about setting up for shoot?

How should we go about that? Maybe stop near the top/split between the canyon roads and find a nice turn I can set up on, then you can all backtrack down the road a bit for a bypass on the video camera while I shoot with the DSLR? That way we can all get a little lean digital picture in and then I'll edit the video together from between the bikes that records while I shoot pics.

Maybe also a little group shot would be cool too.

Don't be laughin' at my new pants I gotta break in. That stuff is skin tight. I've never had moto pants before I just dove straight in on full blown leather racers..

Gonna yank my carbs today and make sure the bike is all dailed in and purring for next weekend.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #48
Beast
Pure Imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post

How should we go about that? Maybe stop near the top/split between the canyon roads and find a nice turn I can set up on, then you can all backtrack down the road a bit for a bypass on the video camera while I shoot with the DSLR? That way we can all get a little lean digital picture in and then I'll edit the video together from between the bikes that records while I shoot pics.

Don't be laughin' at my new pants I gotta break in. That stuff is skin tight. I've never had moto pants before I just dove straight in on full blown leather racers..

Gonna yank my carbs today and make sure the bike is all dailed in and purring for next weekend.
What will you be shooting with? Out of curiosity This sounds like a cool idea.

Old January 8th, 2010, 04:45 PM   #49
ninja250
You are sleeping

agh just that nikon d70s old DSLR and my point and shoot does respectable video. Was gonna bring a tripod and set the point and shoot video camera up to record you all passing while I handle the DSLR.

Then whoever has onboard video to share of the ride can thrown that in too. I will probably have all three angles..

Old January 8th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #50
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 GSXR600 (N250 sold :( )

i have a creative vado hd, but no mount... Tried to use it inside the helmet but all I get is the road but good quality.
andrewexd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #51
laraider
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewexd View Post
i have a creative vado hd, but no mount... Tried to use it inside the helmet but all I get is the road but good quality.
anybody wanna let me ride in the back so i can take videos and pics? i weigh 230lbs....

Old January 8th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #52
pedaltothemetal
ninjette.org member

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): Plasma Blue 2008 Ninja 250R, 2006 Honda Ruckus 180cc swap, 1967 BMW R60US, 2008 Ninja ZX-14se

Quote:
Originally Posted by laraider View Post
anybody wanna let me ride in the back so i can take videos and pics? i weigh 230lbs....
I will ride with you in the future! A great place to start is on the street with my scooter buddies. PM me and will let you know where to meet up in Temple City. You don't have to ride until you are comfortable but at least you can meet other riders and shoot the bull with them!
pedaltothemetal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #53
currentsea
ninjette.org member

Name: J.R.

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:

No worries lol. My pants are a little big for me, so you won't be alone.

Just put on my Corbin seat since Alex and I will be riding 130 miles, before the ride even starts at GMR.
currentsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #54
diablo250
Crafty Salesman....

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r, 06 sv650sf

I'll be there.

Is the start time 10am? I assume we'll go up E. Fork and hit up GMR.... Also, are we going to be eating before/after? I always have to think with me gullet.....

Old January 9th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #55
diablo250
Crafty Salesman....

Poo..I need a valve adjustment. A I was quoted 150, which was pretty decent. Anybody have a good reference in the LA area?

Old January 9th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #56
adri99an
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Donger

Motorcycle(s): "Is that a Ninjer 1000?"

I think the start time should be 10am.....we will meet at the Shell gas station on Azusa Ave...check the map in the first couple of posts.

I love the camera idea---I'd LOVE a pic of me leaning or doing something----I only have pics of my bike **ALONE**none riding it though.....

As stated in one of my posts---we will start in Azusa and head to GMR the back way. As for food I was thinking we eat after we go down GMR and end up in Glendora---we should be plenty hungry.....it's up to the group but I think we should be pretty hungry by then. Let me know what you guys think......

I was up GMR today---let's hope next weekend is as pretty and the weather was NICE as I was in shorts and a t-shirt (hehehe) No tight pants fo rme next week as I ride in JEANS---but maybe I will check your guys' pants out.....
adri99an is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 10:27 PM   #57
adri99an

Chris and Howard--JUST for Clarification...we are starting Azusa at 10am?? or are we starting in Glendora at the base of GMR?

Old January 9th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #58
adri99an

Came across this website for our group ride.......

http://www.njmc.org/etiquette/

Old January 10th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #59
laraider
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri99an View Post

TICKED OFF:
Extend your left arm straight out with your elbow bent 90 degrees. Carefully extend your middle finger to clearly demonstrate your dissatisfaction with the other guy. NOTE: It is not recommended you do this when you are alone.

haha,this one is hilarious

Old January 10th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #60
ninja250
You are sleeping

Quote:

Nice

I needed this one tons of times.
Quote:
Smoky alert (police or emergency vehicles) -- Hand taps top of helmet several times

Specially from or for other riders.

Old January 10th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #61
currentsea
ninjette.org member

Quote:

Cool idea, we need to find a spot for the DSLR to be, and a spot to stop AFTER the bypass. We should all be alert when stopping/u-turning and have a strong leader familiar with GMR when bypassing for the shoot (Chris/Howard)

Old January 10th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #62
ninja250
You are sleeping

I took the DSLR outside today.

It might have a fuzz spot in the lense or two. I can't clean inside the autofocus lense. I'll clean it as best I can, unless anybody has any other DSLR lenses that fit a Nikon D70s.

I hope my air filter comes or I'll have to put tube socks over my carb inlets for this ride. lol

Old January 10th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #63
Beast
Pure Imagination

Quote:
Chris and Howard--JUST for Clarification...we are starting Azusa at 10am?? or are we starting in Glendora at the base of GMR?
Adrian, based on what you've said earlier, it sounds like from AZUSA going up to the back-side of GMR is more technical despite the Azusa warmup. For some riders it might be like going from a casual walk and immediately graduating to a marathon.

With that in mind, do you recommend going from the BASE of GMR instead? If so, we should change our meet point to the base.

Quote:
It might have a fuzz spot in the lense or two. I can't clean inside the autofocus lense. I'll clean it as best I can, unless anybody has any other DSLR lenses that fit a Nikon D70s.
Sorry, Canon only over here

Old January 10th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #64
diablo250
Crafty Salesman....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
Adrian, based on what you've said earlier, it sounds like from AZUSA going up to the back-side of GMR is more technical despite the Azusa warmup. For some riders it might be like going from a casual walk and immediately graduating to a marathon.

With that in mind, do you recommend going from the BASE of GMR instead? If so, we should change our meet point to the base.
I am confused now....

I think that starting from the shell and riding up Azusa to E. Fork is a good warmup. Plus the shell is easy to find. Going up GMR at the get go may be much for some newer riders.

Old January 10th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #65
ninja250
You are sleeping

OK,
here's a little test. Looks like it's runnin' OK to me. Kinda dusty though.

One camera taking a picture of another. lol

Bring all your prettiest riding gear. =)

Old January 10th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #66
Beast
Pure Imagination

KC, far too much detail haha, but it looks okay to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo250 View Post
I am confused now....

I think that starting from the shell and riding up Azusa to E. Fork is a good warmup. Plus the shell is easy to find. Going up GMR at the get go may be much for some newer riders.
Okay screw it....I might be phrasing it incorrectly EVERYONE MEET AT THE SHELL.

Old January 10th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #67
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Bump for the updated list and clarification of meet point.

To everyone that is confused, we are going to be leaving by 10:15 for people that aren't familiar, KSU means Kickstands Up for future reference.

Old January 10th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #68
ninja250
You are sleeping

Azusa extended forecast.. (bottom of the hill?)
http://www.weather.com/weather/exten...m_ite=CityPage

What do you know, It's suggesting a scenic drive

Quote:
Saturday
Jan 16
Partly Cloudy
High 72°F
Low 43°F
Precip 0 %
Scenic Drives Near You

Old January 10th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #69
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Azusa extended forecast.. (bottom of the hill?)
http://www.weather.com/weather/exten...m_ite=CityPage

What do you know, It's suggesting a scenic drive
I hope that rain forecast doesn't come ahead of schedule

Old January 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #70
adri99an

Quote:
OK,
here's a little test. Looks like it's runnin' OK to me. Kinda dusty though.

One camera taking a picture of another. lol

Bring all your prettiest riding gear. =)
Nice equipement!

Old January 10th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #71
adri99an

You got it Howard!

Azusa Shell station---ksu @10:15am!!!

Old January 11th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #72
Beast
Pure Imagination

Here is the current roll call and a quite impressive one at that

CONFIRMED
1) 00_v_Lucky = Howard
2) currentsea = J.R.
3) Beast = Chris
4) Zombiphone = Tiffani
5) adri99an = Adrian
6) ninja250 = KC
7) iggysmalls = Alex
8) andrewexd = Andrew
9) diablo250 = Mike

MAYBE
pedaltothemetal = Leo
kurosaki = joseph

Quote:
Poo..I need a valve adjustment. A I was quoted 150, which was pretty decent. Anybody have a good reference in the LA area?
Good people
http://www.mototecnica.net

Old January 12th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #73
iggysmalls
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Nice equipement!
Isn't that what she said?

I was up in that area last weekend and the weather was great. I am so stoked! woooooo.
iggysmalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #74
currentsea
ninjette.org member

Chris,

I just realized that it was YOUR bike that inspired me to paint my bike white. I googled "White Ninja 250r" a while ago, and the picture off your domain "thebeastisback.com" showed up. Just clicked your profile, and realized that YOU were Christopher Lee. haha.

Thanks man.

Old January 12th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #75
Beast
Pure Imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by currentsea View Post
Chris,

I just realized that it was YOUR bike that inspired me to paint my bike white. I googled "White Ninja 250r" a while ago, and the picture off your domain "thebeastisback.com" showed up. Just clicked your profile, and realized that YOU were Christopher Lee. haha.

Thanks man.
NICE The Lexus pearl white you picked is a great choice, although for me, I liked a less "satin" or "milky" pearl if that makes sense. Glad you were inspired though. It's going to be fun times this Saturday

Old January 12th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #76
adri99an

Let's just hope the weather stays good gentleman!! No rain dancing this week!!!

Old January 12th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #77
samuel913
ninjette.org member

Name: KAO

Motorcycle(s): Ninjia 250r, Ducati monster S4R, 620

I'm in!!!
samuel913 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #78
pedaltothemetal
ninjette.org member

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): Plasma Blue 2008 Ninja 250R, 2006 Honda Ruckus 180cc swap, 1967 BMW R60US, 2008 Ninja ZX-14se

I'm suppose to go on a cruise to Julian Sat, but now it's getting hard for me to choose!
pedaltothemetal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #79
ninja250
You are sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel913 View Post
I'm in!!!
Cool

Air filter is back in my bike! About to fire it up!

Old January 13th, 2010, 02:25 AM   #80
fjyang
ninjette.org member

Name: Frank

Motorcycle(s): 87 Ninja 250, 90 Ninja ZX750R, GPZ 900r, 02 Moto Guzzi LeMans, 95 Triumph Speed Triple

I'll try to make it too on Sat. sound like a fun ride. Would ACH be a better choice?
fjyang is offline   Reply With Quote