ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old May 26th, 2009, 01:54 PM   #1
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Spa Francorchamps on the 09 R1

This is a pretty nice vid, 09 R1 around Spa! Have seen lots of F1 on boards around that place, kinda of interesting watching it on a bike

Link to original page on Vimeo.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg fj.jpg (123.8 KB, 3 views)

Last futzed with by Alex; May 26th, 2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: embedded the video
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2009, 02:30 PM   #2
jonb08
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

Yeah. I saw that video and I'm amazed at how that guy can lock up his rear tire like that. If anyone has suggestions on how to do it, please let me know. It looked like so much fun.
jonb08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2009, 04:29 PM   #3
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb08 View Post
Yeah. I saw that video and I'm amazed at how that guy can lock up his rear tire like that. If anyone has suggestions on how to do it, please let me know. It looked like so much fun.
I believe they have a slipper clutch to accomodate against lockups when downshifting. But I did hear a short skid during one downshift, I wouldnt suggest trying on a 250 without the slipper.
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2009, 09:50 PM   #4
ASecretNinja
ATGATT Squid Killer

Name: Chad

Motorcycle(s): '06 CBR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali619 View Post
I believe they have a slipper clutch to accomodate against lockups when downshifting. But I did hear a short skid during one downshift, I wouldnt suggest trying on a 250 without the slipper.
I second that notion. I was following a dumb mom in her SUV a couple of days ago when she slammed on the brakes, so like an idiot I hit both brakes, plus down shifted and let out the clutch.. I immediately lost the rear wheel and nearly low sided into her. Miraculously I saved it, swerved to the side of her and got the hell out of there. I've chirped while down shifting, but this was the first time it nearly got out from under me.

Moral of my story was that down shifting too quickly on the 250 with no slipper is bad news.
ASecretNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2009, 09:51 PM   #5
ASecretNinja
ATGATT Squid Killer

Name: Chad

Motorcycle(s): '06 CBR600

To OP: AWESOME video man. Thanks for posting
ASecretNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2009, 07:27 AM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I'd look for a different moral from that story, Chad. If you need to go into emerency braking mode, (like if you're about to asspack an SUV), all of your energy should be into applying as much braking as possible, the vast majority to the front brake and perhaps the smallest amount of rear brake. Downshifting during that time is only extending your stopping distance because you're likely not braking as hard as you could be. Locking up the rear is a very common problem for newer riders, and yes, downshifting abruptly + too much rear brake will cause it every time. Good on you for missing her!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote