ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Forum Info > Forum Information

Notices

Old March 10th, 2015, 09:43 AM   #81
monjorrow
ninjette.org member

Name: monjorrow

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Versys, 2000 Ninja 250

I would like to see tapatalk integration as well, but after reading this thread I see it will probably not happen. So instead how about writing/having someone write a ninjette specific app? Has this been discussed? I just hate using my browser on my phone.
monjorrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 10th, 2015, 11:57 AM   #82
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

A few years ago I thought it would a be a done deal, with later versions of vBulletin providing strong mobile support. That didn't pan out, with the later versions of vBulletin going backwards in many ways, so we are actually still on 3.X here, many years later. On other forums, I've migrated fully away from this software, and that software has better built-in support for mobile.

I continue to have concerns about Tapatalk, for some of the reasons described earlier in this thread, and while I think it would be nice to develop a mobile-specific app for ninjette, I don't see it happening anytime in the near future. I'm somewhat grateful that with tablets and phones getting uber-huge and detailed screens over the past few years, one side benefit is that "normal" web pages are looking better and better on mobile, without as much of a need to develop mobile-specific skins. I knew laziness would pay off at some point.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.