Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Notices

Old March 5th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #1
scottg
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

FS- 2010 Red 250 in the Boston area-$2800

SOLD (for more than asking price, actually)

So I wasn't planning on getting rid of my bike this quickly but an awesome Triumph Bonneville just became available for a great price so I bought it this past weekend, it's kinda my dream bike. Having 2 bikes seems a bit excessive for me so I'm selling the Ninjette, here's what I got:

Good:
Red 2010 with slightly less than 1100 miles. I bought it last year from a Harvard Law student who put less than 150 miles on it since new. I broke it in carefully and I do have receipt for the 600 mile service.

Some mods but nothing crazy (I have receipts for everything):
-ZG tinted double bubble shield
-Front and Rear Galfer stainless brake lines
-Sonic front fork springs, set up to be firm but not too firm (.7)

Bad:
The bike was dropped by the previous owner and has a one very small crack on the right side fairing by the turn signal. Luckily the guy told me he almost saved it so so it didn't hit very hard and besides that crack, there's no other damage, not even a mark on the turn signal. I put a sticker on to hide it but honestly, you have to really look to even notice it. I have attached a closeup of the crack. The rest of the bike is about perfect.

I'd be willing to deliver it within a reasonable distance if it's not too cold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo7.jpg (94.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg photo9.jpg (136.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg photo6.jpg (100.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg photo1.jpg (157.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg photo8.jpg (62.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg photo10.jpg (108.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg photo2.jpg (114.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg photo11.jpg (115.5 KB, 2 views)

Last futzed with by scottg; March 14th, 2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: bike sold today
scottg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
good bike... good price. glws!

Old March 5th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #3
scottg
ninjette.org member

Thanks Alex. I posted the ad on CL about half hour ago and phone's been ringing off the hook. I thought it may be too early in the season to be selling but apparently not...

Old March 5th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
you might be able to get a little bit more if you wait a couple months, but that's a pretty fair price.

Old March 5th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #5
Yaozer
ninjette.org member

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250X, 2008 Ninja 250R

I just sold a bone stock 2010 SE for $2900 with 4k miles. Ignore ALL the CL lowballers and hold out for the right buyer.

Warning: Your phone will ring and text with ten million "I'll give you $2000 CASH MONEY for the bike now!" offers at all hours of the day and night. Then another 20 million tire kickers will email and call.

It's all par for the course though. Just wait until it gets a little warmer. The fork springs and galfer lines are well-chosen mods that should also attract buyers.
Yaozer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #6
scottg
ninjette.org member

Thanks for the advice and congrats on your sale!

CL is always an adventure, I know. A few years ago, I had someone give me a fake bank check for $15,000 when I was helping my gf sell her car in Miami, thinking I wouldn't verify it before signing over the title. The lady at the bank was really impressed with how good the check looked but the acct# used the wrong format so it was a dead giveaway for her.

I did get one of those lowballs already but also spoke to two real people who were signed up for April MSF classes and were excited about finding a Ninjette. I was actually able to buy the bike pretty cheap in the 1st place so I'm ok selling for a little lower than I could get in a few months. That said, flipping Ninjettes from season to season could be a fun little hobby if you don't mind dealing with the BS sometimes.