Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 21st, 2010, 10:20 AM   #1
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Turn Your 250 into an 18 wheeler - Stebel Horn

Are you tired of drivers cutting you off?

Would you love to blast idiots on the road?

Well kiddies, here is the answer to your riding frustrations;

http://www.billmallin.com/motorcycle...horn/index.htm

Old February 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
That is just too cool! I would love to see the astonished look on the cagers faces when you blast them

Great find CC !
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2010, 11:17 AM   #3
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

I always liked loud bike horns but never put one on...the Stebels have a very good rep.
One night a racer boy blasted by me when I was in my truck and just as he came up aside me he hit the horn...scared me so much I did a little swerve.It was like I heard a truck but didn;t see one...it kinda scared the pee out of me for a sec. But, they do mos' def' get peoples attention.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2010, 01:15 PM   #4
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

funny the horn on one of my 18 wheels sounded like a little car (Volvo Rigs have dinky horns)

Old February 21st, 2010, 02:47 PM   #5
jonthechron
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): magHitVE

Yeah I have this setup on my bike. It is extremely loud and frightens the **** out of people. But you would want to have it on a switched relay to be able to switch between having this horn and your stock horn, I don't think pedestrians would be too happy of being honked at with this lol. And you must install it with the relay because this horn takes up a good 250Watts ad draws a insane 18 AMPS, almost 5 times more than your headlight.
jonthechron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2010, 02:47 PM   #6
laraider
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r green(sold) 2009 zx6r green

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post
I always liked loud bike horns but never put one on...the Stebels have a very good rep.
One night a racer boy blasted by me when I was in my truck and just as he came up aside me he hit the horn...scared me so much I did a little swerve.It was like I heard a truck but didn;t see one...it kinda scared the pee out of me for a sec. But, they do mos' def' get peoples attention.
laraider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2010, 05:24 PM   #7
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

I put one of these on my other bike, a Suzuki S50, and it is LOUD. Not too bad for you when you are riding but real loud when you stand next to it in a closed space - much louder than any stock bike or car horn. They can be bought for about $30 at Harbor Freight or on Ebay and is a worthwhile investment. Too bad on the Ninja you have to take off a fairing to figure out where to mount it but it's not a really big deal. One of these days I'll get on for this bike too. You must wire it through the relay that comes with it otherwise you'll burn up the horn switch or horn wires and fuse. You can use the regular horn wires to switch the relay, the horn needs separate wires and 20amp fuse to the battery which is easily accessible.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2010, 06:33 PM   #8
Rayme
ninjette.org guru

Name: Remy

Motorcycle(s): '04 sv650s

I LIKE that

Old February 21st, 2010, 08:32 PM   #9
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

I just bought one of these for the gixxer. Those half awake, pedestrian idiots on Bay street are gonna get a bloody ear-full come this spring.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2010, 09:47 PM   #10
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 90 Suzuki gsx600f Katana, 03 Buell XB9R

How fast does it cycle? I had an air horn on a car years ago and there was a distinctive pause when you hit the button. Really made idiots take notice when you hit it though.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2010, 10:29 PM   #11
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

I have to ask. I was looking around online and found a review from an online bike magazine that tested out several horns for motorcycles. When they got to the stella it got a rating of "not recommended". The reason they gave it that rating was because they tested a few of the stella horns and one was dead out of the box and the other honked 4 times and never honked again. They also said they've heard of a lot of complaints from owners having issues with the stella horns.

So with that info, for those that might have this brand of horn and use them, just how reliable are they? Do they break as easily as they apparently did a year or two ago or did stella fix the issues with quality?
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2010, 11:04 PM   #12
jonthechron
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): magHitVE

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
I have to ask. I was looking around online and found a review from an online bike magazine that tested out several horns for motorcycles. When they got to the stella it got a rating of "not recommended". The reason they gave it that rating was because they tested a few of the stella horns and one was dead out of the box and the other honked 4 times and never honked again. They also said they've heard of a lot of complaints from owners having issues with the stella horns.

So with that info, for those that might have this brand of horn and use them, just how reliable are they? Do they break as easily as they apparently did a year or two ago or did stella fix the issues with quality?

I saw that review too, their review is a bunch of crap. I went out and bought it anyways and I can tell you one thing, I don't regret it one bit.

This is probably what you read:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...ebel-nautilus/
jonthechron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2010, 11:58 PM   #13
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthechron View Post
I saw that review too, their review is a bunch of crap. I went out and bought it anyways and I can tell you one thing, I don't regret it one bit.

This is probably what you read:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...ebel-nautilus/
Yup, that was the one. That's why I was asking, figured I'd get a straight answer from you guys. One of the reasons I want to make sure it's not crap quality is because I think my stock horn died on me (either that or it's the switch or wire) and if it is dead I need to replace it. Might as well get something loud you know.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:41 AM   #14
g21-30

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

Ymmv!
Posted via Mobile Device
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote