ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old August 27th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Ravenger
ninjette.org member

Name: Jacques

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

Leovince inserts

So i have had my bike for roughly 2 months now and i have started playing around with the aftermarket pipe i fitted.

It came with 3 inserts, one already in and the other two in the box. The one one already mounted is basically just a small pipe. The second is welded closed at the back with holes in the side and the third is just basically a protector to insert if the other two are out.

My question is basically which of the three is better performance wise. Obviously one of the first two i know but still. I tried looking on the net but didn't find anything.
Ravenger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #2
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

The protector has 5 holes and is a disc? If that's what you are talking about I believe that is the db killer.
In terms of volume from quietest to loudest

db killer + closed off baffle
db killer + open baffle
closed off baffle
open baffle
db killer
nothing

In terms of performance you'd have to dyno it to see. For me the bike felt better with the open baffle.
With no baffle the bike felt sluggish and I got a lot of decel popping and I don't believe that the exhaust was
maintaining a high enough exit velocity to evacuate properly.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #3
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

I believe this is the droid you're looking for:

Link to original page on YouTube.

I run mine with the silencer insert (As in, not the closed ended with holes DB killer)

Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Ravenger
ninjette.org member

Well I as far as the noise goes I pretty much know what is louder than what already, and i know that I have to use an insert for max power but my question is still what insert is better performance wise.

The thing is if you have to much free flow you lose power and if you don't have enough you lose power too, and since i don't have money for a dyno run i'm asking here since someone must have questioned this before? I mean nobody just slaps on an exhaust and don't bother getting the most out of it right?

So which insert is the better insert in terms of the best ratio of back pressure and free flow. The one with the welded shut back and holes on the side or the open ended one with no holes on the side

Old August 28th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Ravenger
ninjette.org member

I must add the bike def lost power without the baffle insert when i tested it round the block. Sounded awesome thoughThere wasn't really a volume difference between the two baffle inserts however it was different sounding somehow i don't know. Might be my head playing tricks but the power curve also felt different. Slightly though not by much. I say different cause i can't tell which one is better

Old August 28th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #6
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

For me the one that felt the best was the open ended baffle without the db killer. To be pedantic the baffle doesn't create back pressure per se. It helps maintain exhaust gas velocity by the venturi principle IIRC.

Last futzed with by Panda; August 28th, 2012 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Phone auto correct
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote