ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Old November 13th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #1
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Palomar 11-13-10 and a request

Ok got some pics of me riding I would love if some of the experienced riders could point out things I missed that I am doing wrong.

This one is going up and tbh looks good to me, I am slightly off the seat, I have the counter steering in for lean, I am on the gas looking through the turn and the balls of my feet are on the pegs. All in all pretty good though I could hang off the seat more so I don't have to lean the bike as much

This one is down and I have issues! First my dumb ass is covering the clutch WTF am I goi g to do pull it in if **** goes bad /headslap, I am not on the gas like I should be as you can see my end is digging in some /headslap foot position is good though I need to slide off the seat some. Down hill is my biggest issue though, I tend to sencond guess and am not as comfortable so I need to trust in turbine more and work on entry speed so I stay on that damn throttle.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2010, 12:15 AM   #2
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

I think you pretty much covered it... I've been meaning to go to Palomar... wish I knew you were gonna go... I could have hit it up with you! Maybe next time! Looks like you are about to scrape your muffler in the first picture...lol. GET SOME!!!
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #3
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

**Disclaimer: I don't condone practicing on the streets/canyons. You're just asking for trouble.

With that said, you need to get off the seat more. One butt cheek on the saddle. Lower your chest. Helmet to the mirror. Your body looks a bit crossed up. It should be parallel to the bike. When turning right, let your left shoulder touch the tank. <--that's a bit extreme for most but if you can do that then everything else falls in place (head, knee, body, etc.). Keep in mind there's really no right or wrong BP (body position). Yeah, there are the basics but if you can corner all that BP talk doesn't really matter.

I've seen guys with really bad BP corner fast, and good BP corners just as fast too. Once you have the basic "idea" of how to apply good BP work on cornering, not so much your BP.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2010, 12:41 AM   #4
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
**Disclaimer: I don't condone practicing on the streets/canyons. You're just asking for trouble.

With that said, you need to get off the seat more. One butt check on the saddle. Lower your chest. Helmet to the mirror. Your body looks a bit crossed up. It should be parallel to the bike. When turning right, let your left shoulder touch the tank. <--that's a bit extreme for most but if you can do that then everything else falls in place (head, knee, body, etc.). Keep in mind there's really no right or wrong BP (body position). Yeah, there are the basics but if you can corner all that BP talk doesn't really matter.

I've seen guys with really bad BP corner fast, and good BP corners just as fast too. Once you have the basic "idea" of how to apply good BP work on cornering, not so much your BP.

I think I look crossed up as I was commi g out of my lean and starting the bike up though I could just be crossed up a bit. I do need to get off the seat more and worked in that the way home, I know if I do that I won't have to lean as far over. I work in getting my body lower.
Thanks for the tips!

The only reason I didn't post for palomar was I didn't decide I was going till 8 am this morning I was on the fence with it lol.

Old November 14th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #5
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Cool, no worries.

Work on getting a good entry speed, flicking the bike and rolling on the throttle as you hit apex. In a long sweeper, you can just roll on the throttle a little earlier.

My first time at Palomar was really intimidating. I was on a 600cc bike and I ran wide in one of the decreasing radius turn and managed to hit a boulder that flipped my bike and the bike landed on my ankle, shattering my ankle into powder dust. LOL!

That was years ago. LOL
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2010, 01:07 AM   #6
Havok
Internet Slut

This was my first time and it was intense. The blind turns are fairly tight and sharp, a lot shaper then ACH that is for sure. It was a good first run and a few more trips up I should have a better idea for my speed into and out of the curves.

Thanks for the input it helps me get better.

Old November 16th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #7
Cazper
ninjaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
The only reason I didn't post for palomar was I didn't decide I was going till 8 am this morning I was on the fence with it lol.
No worries... I'm interested in going, but a little nervous to go on the weekend when I hear its usually packed... I would probably be more comfortable on a less crowded time.

Old November 16th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #8
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
No worries... I'm interested in going, but a little nervous to go on the weekend when I hear its usually packed... I would probably be more comfortable on a less crowded time.
The other bikers are not an issue most just wait and pass when it is safe. Cars on the other hand suck up there, the locals will slow down and not use turn outs got stuck twice behind some ass hat going 15 lol. ACH is good as there are so few cars and ones that are there pull over and use the turn outs.

Old November 16th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #9
Cazper
ninjaholic

I'm definitely going to have to go check both of these out! I need some more twisties fun!!!

Old November 18th, 2010, 08:20 AM   #10
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
I'm definitely going to have to go check both of these out! I need some more twisties fun!!!
I'll pm you next time I hit them up, I prefer ACH over palomar as it's a longer run and better scenery. I will be hitting Malibu soon as well a least to say I have gone up it lol.

Old November 18th, 2010, 08:26 AM   #11
JeffM
Mr. 988

Motorcycle(s): One

I think your eyes tell the story here

Old November 18th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #12
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
I think your eyes tell the story here

Agree! It was kind of an oh **** moment on that one. The black truck in front of me had just about stoped for the turn even though I had just about stoped for a second or two just before I hit that turn. I look very indecisive and my inexperience shows in my eyes like you pointed out, body position and the covered clutch. That is why I posted these noob pics so others can help me vet better.

I think I should have stayed on the throttle and trailed the back brake

Old November 19th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #13
Cazper
ninjaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I'll pm you next time I hit them up, I prefer ACH over palomar as it's a longer run and better scenery. I will be hitting Malibu soon as well a least to say I have gone up it lol.
Definitely! There are several that I would eventually at least like to try out... to include GMR although thats a bit of a hike for me.

Old November 19th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #14
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
i think your eyes tell the story here
hahahahahaha
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote