ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 23rd, 2013, 11:31 AM   #1
parox91
ninjette.org member

Name: Not Applicable

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Blue Ninja 250

Tight Controls on the pre-gen

My gf has a 2004 pregen and I have a 2007, her ninja's controls are harder to use than mine (i.e. more effort in compressing the clutch), anyway to remedy this? Just spray a lot of wd40 through the lines?
parox91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Chicagobob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250, 2018 Honda GL1800B

Not WD40. First, check the clutch cable for kinks, dents or wear. If it looks good, lube it with aerosol cable cable lubricant and a cable lubricating tool. They are available from Amazon and other sellers.

Even if you replace the cable, you should have the lubricant for future use (works on throttle cables, too).
Chicagobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Also, lubricate the pivot bolt and areas of contact between the lever and the perch. The pivot bolt should only be snug, not super tight. The locking nut will hold it on.
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2013, 02:02 PM   #4
parox91
ninjette.org member

Thanks for your help guys, I will do this after I work on her CCT... heard a ticking from her engine

Old September 23rd, 2013, 04:54 PM   #5
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parox91 View Post
Thanks for your help guys, I will do this after I work on her CCT... heard a ticking from her engine
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Cam_cha...sioner_removal

Don't fix it unless you're sure it is broken... It would cause timinig problems. Symptoms for chain timing problems would include hard starting, combustion into the air box, or after fire. The ticking sound could simply be loose valve train noise. If the engine runs smooth, the CCT is unlikely to be broken. At least, that is my opinion.

Why not fix her suspension instead- that comes broken from the factory!
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2013, 06:20 PM   #6
parox91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Cam_cha...sioner_removal

Don't fix it unless you're sure it is broken... It would cause timinig problems. Symptoms for chain timing problems would include hard starting, combustion into the air box, or after fire. The ticking sound could simply be loose valve train noise. If the engine runs smooth, the CCT is unlikely to be broken. At least, that is my opinion.

Why not fix her suspension instead- that comes broken from the factory!
I've reset it on both bikes before, and her bike has had an aftermarket lowering kit installed so the suspension is now even worse off than from the factory haha. The CCT actually gets stuck on her bike for some reason. I had a bad ticking noise on mine because that was stuck but hers happens more often... Everything on her bike is a little bit more "sticky" than mine... must be cause it's an '04 or something.

I've had dreams where I've dipped her entire bike into WD-40 lol