Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old April 26th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #81
AzEKnightz
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsainfreek View Post
Yes, GI = gear indicator. I wanted one on my bike also but koso's response discouraged me. I know there are two others on this forum who tried to install GI's with the Koso gauge. According to the threads, they were not successful. I did, however, see a GI on ebay that doesn't use the measurements from the speedo and tach but uses a magnet at the shifting lever. Not sure how accurate that would be though.

I just re-read the thread. I believe one guy got it successfully because he tapped into a sensor signal at the front sprocket gear sensor.

Here is the link: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57498

-AzEKnightz
AzEKnightz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #82
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

does anyone know if its possible to get the head lamp shroud from the Z1000? it looks like its uses the same reflector. as our ninjettes

if anyone could confirm, and what year model? i think the new Z1000 has a more angled looking head light. im wondering if i can try and buy this part in the states and get it brought back by my gf if i can get it on time

Old April 27th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #83
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

I have a brand new 07 z1000 I can check

Old April 27th, 2011, 08:19 AM   #84
wayanlam

ooooooo~ yes please matt

searched the 07 model again, and it looks like its the one with the correct headlamp.

it would make sense if they use the same reflector as in the ninja 250. ive seen them use it on the KLR650 as well. saves them developing and manufacturing many different reflector designs, hehe

Last futzed with by wayanlam; April 27th, 2011 at 08:54 PM.
wayanlam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #85
wayanlam

0: ShelbyOne - FiberG. Koso Bezel - Alaska (sent)

1: sarapacman99 - White Air scoop - Las Vegas
2: Lvr - Black Air scoop - NY?
3: bob706 - Black Air scoop - Florida?
4: blade - Green Air scoop - NY?
5: kawac - Black Air Scoop - Indianapolis
6: nsainfreek - P&P Koso Cluster - Hawaii
7: AzEKnightz - P&P Koso Cluster - California
8: shigs - Black Air Scoop - Florida
9: chowbray - P&P Koso Cluster - Canada
10: dubojr1 - P&P Koso Cluster - Florida
11:

Old April 28th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #86
wayanlam

i would like to start collecting money so that i can buy the parts. once i have all of the parts on hand its possible to see how much of it i can give my gf to carry. it will depend on the way i pack them. if i pack them well individually i probably wont be able to get many in her suit case, since it will take up so much space.

if i pack them lightly i will be able to fit more stuff, but then they would need to be packed properly in the states by sarapacman99 before shipping them out from las vegas.

please advise how i shold go about the packing?

so far its just the air scoop, and the koso kit that ppl are interested in, prices are (based on an exchange rate of 8500 Rp/USD.:

Air scoop: $31 (managed to get a better price) if you want me to include a SS bolt, i can do that for an additional $1 lol
Koso kit (custom bezel + P&P koso set + volt meter) $355
Koso kit (custom bezel + P&P koso set + WITHOUT volt meter) $296

IF we send any of the goods with my girlfriend to las vegas i wont need to charge anything for international shipping. but i would like to ask for a few dollars from everyone that i can give her for the hassle of lugging all of that. it can go towards her ticket to watch circus d'ole while shes in vegas

for the national shipping out of vegas everyone would have to coordinate that with sarapacman99 and pay the shipping to him. since i wont be involved at that point.

what ever does not fit i can then get a precise price from the post to have them either sent directly, or maybe even group some packages up for those that dont live too far apart?

please send me PM's with what exactly you want, and your paypal address, so i can issue payment requests.

ill then mark off the ppl that have paid, and work on from that.

@ CZroe: you said that you would be interested in buying even a broken air scoop, so that you can hack it up and make your own thing with wire mesh. mine got a little damaged during the crash, has a little crack on one part (can be easily glued) and the red pait is damaged on another where it must have hit the tire. i think you wanted to paint it over anyways, so that wouldn't affect it. i can send you a picture if your interested. id sell it for uh... $10~15?

im going for a street fighter look, so i wont be able to use that part. otherwise i would repaint it and use it again myself.

Old April 28th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #87
AzEKnightz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
i would like to start collecting money so that i can buy the parts. once i have all of the parts on hand its possible to see how much of it i can give my gf to carry. it will depend on the way i pack them. if i pack them well individually i probably wont be able to get many in her suit case, since it will take up so much space.

if i pack them lightly i will be able to fit more stuff, but then they would need to be packed properly in the states by sarapacman99 before shipping them out from las vegas.

please advise how i shold go about the packing?

so far its just the air scoop, and the koso kit that ppl are interested in, prices are (based on an exchange rate of 8500 Rp/USD.:

Air scoop: $31 (managed to get a better price) if you want me to include a SS bolt, i can do that for an additional $1 lol
Koso kit (custom bezel + P&P koso set + volt meter) $355
Koso kit (custom bezel + P&P koso set + WITHOUT volt meter) $296

IF we send any of the goods with my girlfriend to las vegas i wont need to charge anything for international shipping. but i would like to ask for a few dollars from everyone that i can give her for the hassle of lugging all of that. it can go towards her ticket to watch circus d'ole while shes in vegas

for the national shipping out of vegas everyone would have to coordinate that with sarapacman99 and pay the shipping to him. since i wont be involved at that point.

what ever does not fit i can then get a precise price from the post to have them either sent directly, or maybe even group some packages up for those that dont live too far apart?

please send me PM's with what exactly you want, and your paypal address, so i can issue payment requests.

ill then mark off the ppl that have paid, and work on from that.

@ CZroe: you said that you would be interested in buying even a broken air scoop, so that you can hack it up and make your own thing with wire mesh. mine got a little damaged during the crash, has a little crack on one part (can be easily glued) and the red pait is damaged on another where it must have hit the tire. i think you wanted to paint it over anyways, so that wouldn't affect it. i can send you a picture if your interested. id sell it for uh... $10~15?

im going for a street fighter look, so i wont be able to use that part. otherwise i would repaint it and use it again myself.
Wayan, my paypal address is x_aze04@yahoo.com

I need the custom bezel + koso kit without voltmeter please. Thanks!

-Eric

Old April 28th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #88
wayanlam

payment request sent, and part ordered.

probably gonna pass by the shop later today to pick up my KTC clip ons to replace my bent handlebars. so ill be able to give them the down payment for your koso kit as well.

W.

Old April 28th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #89
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

K Checked the 07 doesn't match

Old April 28th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #90
AzEKnightz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
payment request sent, and part ordered.

probably gonna pass by the shop later today to pick up my KTC clip ons to replace my bent handlebars. so ill be able to give them the down payment for your koso kit as well.

W.
thanks, payment sent.

-AzEKnightz

Old April 28th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #91
wayanlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrack157 View Post
K Checked the 07 doesn't match
oh naooo.... well thnx so much for looking into that matt.

ive been mulling the idea of getting one custom made in fiberglass using the original reflector from my bike, might use the Z1000 image as the sample for them to follow/copy.

i realty like how bright the light is, and i wont get such a good result if i get a crappy aftermarket head light unit.

i could get these projectors from the Sachs moped:

for about $35 each, and then make a custom bracket, but im not sure just how bright they are...

sigh~ what to do, what to do

Old April 28th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #92
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

wayan you should get custom bodywork and mount a car projector.

Old April 28th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #93
wayanlam

you mean get a car HID projector?

i think i recall that you built that into your bike a while back... you mounted into that hole in the front

Old April 29th, 2011, 01:29 AM   #94
wayanlam

2: Lvr - Black Air scoop - NY?
3: bob706 - Black Air scoop - Florida?
4: blade - Green Air scoop - NY?
5: kawac - Black Air Scoop - Indianapolis
6: nsainfreek - P&P Koso Cluster - Hawaii
7: AzEKnightz - P&P Koso Cluster without voltmeter - California - (payment received $296, part ordered)
8: shigs - Black Air Scoop - Florida
9: chowbray - P&P Koso Cluster - Canada
10: dubojr1 - P&P Koso Cluster - Florida
11:

Old April 29th, 2011, 01:38 AM   #95
sarapacman99
Climb to Glory!

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R White (sold)

what difference does it make if you get koso with voltmeter or without?

my paypal address is my username @gmail.com, but let's hold off for a bit on that, im thinking about getting the koso gauge

Old April 29th, 2011, 01:48 AM   #96
wayanlam

the diffrerence is that without the voltmeter, you have a blank spot where it usually sits! muhahaha!

bezel without hole for voltmeter (the koso RX2 is included of course, lol)

and bezel, speedo with voltmeter.

i believe that eric wants to put something in its place himself. so have the other 2 members that i have bought just the bezel without the voltmeter hole for.

price wise, the difference is $59 without the voltmeter.

my voltmeter is from autogauge or something. the clusters we get now (for whoever is ordering) will get voltmeters made from Koso.

the new voltmeter looks like this i believe:

Old April 29th, 2011, 02:07 AM   #97
sarapacman99
Climb to Glory!

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R White (sold)

my right wrist hurts after every ride. guess coz im putting too much weight on it when i ride. will lowering or raising the bars help?

Old April 29th, 2011, 06:58 AM   #98
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
my voltmeter is from autogauge or something. the clusters we get now (for whoever is ordering) will get voltmeters made from Koso.

the new voltmeter looks like this i believe:
Wayan would you mind verifying the volt meter for me. Are we saying it is this one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Koso Volt.JPG (45.8 KB, 12 views)

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #99
wayanlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
Wayan would you mind verifying the volt meter for me. Are we saying it is this one?
i havent seen this new voltmeter while on, so im not 100% sure, from the image it does look like it. im quite certain its the digital Koso voltmeter...

@ sarapacman99

i remember reading somewhere that if you strengthen your abs, and hold on to the bikes fuel tank with your thighs, you will reduce the strain on your wrist.

if that's not gonna happen, raising the handlebars usually helps, since you sit more upright, putting more body weight down on the seat, rather than leaning forwards on your hands.

-----------------------------

spent like 4 or 5 hours messing about on my bike tonight, here is the progress for tonight

put on the clipons

have to allign and drill a hole~ right handlebar was perfect, but i messed up the left side had to drill a 2nd hole, d-oh!

tidied all the cables up and installed the koso gauge on the stock bracket.

[IMG]http:
i spun the AreaP exhaust around, so the damaged side faces the tire, so it looks good this way round. still gonna need to take it off again and glue it with some high temp epoxy. i assembled the bike to give the engine a warm up, its been off since nearly 2 weeks

the koso gauge still works

AHHHH..... i stripped one of the screw heads on the damn brake reservoir... i was about to bleed the brakes to see if the front brakes are still working, since it took a little beating during the fall... i hope i can get this damn thing apart again

Old April 29th, 2011, 09:20 AM   #100
AzEKnightz
ninjette.org member

yep, I do plan on getting the shift indicator working and put it in that spot. To me, what's the point of having a voltmeter other than electrical diagnosis when I can use my snap-on DVOM =].

I will try and get the shift indicator to work on our bikes so people can benefit from it !!

-AzEKnightz (Eric)

Old April 29th, 2011, 09:21 AM   #101
Lvr
ninjette.org member

Name: Levi

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

hey, I'm gonna have to pull out of this one I'm afraid. have to drop some money on gear... I'm assuming no money has been spent on my behalf, right? I don't want to leave anyone hanging.
sorry!
Lvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2011, 09:21 AM   #102
AzEKnightz
ninjette.org member

btw wayan,

I just saw a "fighter" look on a red ninja 250 just like yours the day before. No fairings, just front headlights + tank and rear fenders. Looks damn good, I was surprised!!

-AzEKnightz

Old April 29th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #103
AzEKnightz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
you mean get a car HID projector?

i think i recall that you built that into your bike a while back... you mounted into that hole in the front
I am planning to do a HID projector to my ninja250 too. I will be using this kit: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ne1qqjegc34oda

Because I am a distributor/vendor for them I get them at a discounted price =].

Let me know if you need a good set of HID kit, but I think you can probably get them cheaper at indo anyways haha!

-AzEKnightz

Old April 30th, 2011, 12:53 AM   #104
wayanlam

2: bob706 - Black Air scoop - Florida?
3: blade - Green Air scoop - NY?
4: kawac - Black Air Scoop - Indianapolis
5: nsainfreek - P&P Koso Cluster - Hawaii
6: AzEKnightz - P&P Koso Cluster without voltmeter - California - (payment received $296, part ordered)
7: shigs - Black Air Scoop - Florida
8: chowbray - P&P Koso Cluster - Canada
9: dubojr1 - P&P Koso Cluster - Florida
10:

removed Levi, as per request.

Old April 30th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #105
ninja420
ninjette.org member

Name: Pookey

can i get a triple clamp
ninja420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #106
wayanlam

the CLD ones or the KTC ones?

KTC costs more. id have to double check but i think they cost around $155 or something. i dont remember if i posted a price already, cant recall checking the price for it recently.... if you want the CLD ones it costs: $88 (exchange rate has dropped since i posted the price list. im using an exchange rate of $8500 to the dollar).

let me know which ones, and ill add you to the list. then if you want to send me the money so i can buy the tripple clamp, you can give me your paypal info and ill send you a request.

cheers,
W.

Old April 30th, 2011, 04:50 AM   #107
blade
ninjette.org member

Name: matt

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r

sent pm thx

Old April 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #108
ninja420
ninjette.org member

Name: Pookey

cld do they come in blk
ninja420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #109
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

PM sent thanks
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #110
wayanlam

2: blade - Green Air scoop - NY - (payment received $32, will order part on Monday)
3: kawac - Black Air Scoop - Indianapolis
4: AzEKnightz - P&P Koso Cluster without voltmeter - California - (payment received $296, part ordered)
5: shigs - Black Air Scoop - Florida
6: chowbray - P&P Koso Cluster - Canada
7: dubojr1 - P&P Koso Cluster - Florida
8: NathanUc - P&P Koso Cluster - Indiana - (payment received $355, part ordered)
9:

updated for Sean

Last futzed with by wayanlam; May 2nd, 2011 at 10:20 AM.
wayanlam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:51 AM   #111
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

I'm out
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:28 PM   #112
wayanlam

1: sarapacman99 - White Air scoop - Las Vegas - (payment received $32, part ordered)
2: blade - Green Air scoop - NY - (payment received $32, part ordered)
4: AzEKnightz - P&P Koso Cluster without voltmeter - California - (payment received $296, part ordered)
8: NathanUc - P&P Koso Cluster - Indiana - (payment received $355, part ordered)
9:

it looks like we don't have that many ppl joining in, so its safe to say that ill be sending these parts with my girlfriend to Vegas on the 15th. she will be arriving there on the 16th i think and will meet up with Charlie (sarapacman99) who will then organize the shipping from there.

once he gets the parts he will msg you guys the cost to ship it out and you can just deal with him directly for that part of the shipment.

anyone who still wants parts please confirm it this week, if we leave it too late i wont get the parts on time before she leaves.

peace out
W.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM   #113
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

Thumbs up

Quote:
1: sarapacman99 - White Air scoop - Las Vegas - (payment requeste $32, part ordered)
9:

it looks like we don't have that many ppl joining in, so its safe to say that ill be sending these parts with my girlfriend to Vegas on the 15th. she will be arriving there on the 16th i think and will meet up with Charlie (sarapacman99) who will then organize the shipping from there.

once he gets the parts he will msg you guys the cost to ship it out and you can just deal with him directly for that part of the shipment.

anyone who still wants parts please confirm it this week, if we leave it too late i wont get the parts on time before she leaves.

peace out
W.

Sounds like a plan. thanks for the update
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:37 PM   #114
dubojr1

Quote:
1: sarapacman99 - White Air scoop - Las Vegas - (payment requeste $32, part ordered)
9:

peace out
W.
Is this the official request for payment?

PayPal info for payment please...

Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:05 PM   #115
wayanlam

please post or pm me your paypal username, so i can send you a money request.

you want the cluster WITH the voltmeter right?

Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:46 AM   #116
dubojr1

Quote:
please post or pm me your paypal username, so i can send you a money request.

you want the cluster WITH the voltmeter right?
Yep, voltmeter for me. PayPal info: dubojr1@yahoo.com

So since your thinking our stuff will come over with your girlfriend (BTW... Please tell her THANK YOU for us), are we thinking that the shipping, once in the States, will be the only shipping cost?

Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:19 AM   #117
wayanlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
are we thinking that the shipping, once in the States, will be the only shipping cost?
as long as we can fit it all in her suit case, the only cost besides the price of the part will be the national shipping from Vegas to your doorstep.

naturally if anyone feels like giving a little donation i wouldn't turn it down, and in this case i would actually give it to Kim (my gf) for carrying it all the way there and saving everyone a lot on shipping.

ill send you a paypal request shortly for the Koso gauge kit then

Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:30 AM   #118
dubojr1

Quote:
as long as we can fit it all in her suit case, the only cost besides the price of the part will be the national shipping from Vegas to your doorstep.

naturally if anyone feels like giving a little donation i wouldn't turn it down, and in this case i would actually give it to Kim (my gf) for carrying it all the way there and saving everyone a lot on shipping.

ill send you a paypal request shortly for the Koso gauge kit then
I'd love to contribute to a nice dinner for you guys if everything works out!!!

I'll go ahead and Paypal the money to avoid any delays. Let me know once you have it all in hand. Thanks!

Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:36 AM   #119
wayanlam

the 2 kits that i already ordered should be getting here in 3~4 days.

yours should get in a couple days after. still in time before she leaves.

i have one green scoop ready, and waiting for the white one. the white they had in stock had a little scratch, so i asked em to get me a good one, lol

W.

Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:39 AM   #120
wayanlam

7: dubojr1 - P&P Koso Cluster - Florida - (payment received $355, part ordered)
9:

sent a text to the guy selling the koso kit, but he probably wont read it till the morning, its almost midnight here,