ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old November 20th, 2018, 09:22 AM   #41
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

So, here's something kind of cool that I'm super proud of! After doing this whole trip, ending up riding all 49 continental states, then 31 states of Mexico, and hitting Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama, writing for Motorcyclist Magazine the whole way, I decided to turn it all into a book!

Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy on Amazon
Or Barnes and Noble

Turns out, even with all the articles to work from, writing a book is a massive undertaking, haha. I think it was more challenging to write and re-edit and design and format these 86,000 words, than it was to do the ride itself!

But anyways, if anyone is super bored and likes this kind of stuff, I just thought I'd share. Felt like a big accomplishment, and I'm still revved up on the adrenaline of successfully publishing something

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Old November 20th, 2018, 10:03 AM   #42
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Congratulations on your book! Heck yeah, that’ll be a fun to read now that winter has finally decided to announce it’s presence.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old November 20th, 2018, 10:08 AM   #43
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Congratulations on your book! Heck yeah, that’ll be a fun to read now that winter has finally decided to announce it’s presence.
Thank you! And I just moved to Boise, Idaho for the winter, so I hear that (And am also stocking up on other people's motorcycle adventure stories to get inspiration for the spring, haha)

Old December 10th, 2018, 04:22 PM   #44
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Great read, Tiff!

As I missed the articles, was fantastic to read about your adventure. Thanks for putting your story out there. And good lord, I think I’ve said and done some of the same stuff so now my wanderlust is screaming “Hey! Remember all this?? Remember how fun it was?? Get off your lazy ass and go!”
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 11th, 2018, 02:11 AM   #45
maverick9611
"a legend in my own mind"

Name: maverick9611

Motorcycle(s): 2015 moto guzzi norge(brownie),2020 aprilia dorsoduro,

MOTM - Feb '18
reroute and do northern ga and tennenesee. tail of the dragon us129, cherohala skyway at tellico plains in tennesee is quite awesome too. blue ridge parkway, smokie mountains. tons of great riding.

Old December 11th, 2018, 09:05 AM   #46
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Great read, Tiff!

As I missed the articles, was fantastic to read about your adventure. Thanks for putting your story out there. And good lord, I think I’ve said and done some of the same stuff so now my wanderlust is screaming “Hey! Remember all this?? Remember how fun it was?? Get off your lazy ass and go!”
Awww, that's so great to hear! My main goal of writing it at all was to get other people inspired and itching to go adventure themselves (While hopefully giving them a couple good laughs along the way), just like so many other people's stories did for me, so that makes me really happy!

There really is no sensation quite like that traveling on a motorcycle sensation! Looking forward to hearing about your next adventure (I'm sure there are iron butt badges you still need to go achieve *nudgenudgewinkwink*), haha

Old December 11th, 2018, 09:07 AM   #47
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9611 View Post
reroute and do northern ga and tennenesee. tail of the dragon us129, cherohala skyway at tellico plains in tennesee is quite awesome too. blue ridge parkway, smokie mountains. tons of great riding.
I ended up doing all of that, and can confirm that they were great riding (Especially after Florida). The trip kind of snowballed A LOT after this initial inquiry, haha

Old December 11th, 2018, 05:35 PM   #48
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Wow,

I read most of the articles until you got to Belize I think, then somehow they dropped off my radar.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old December 18th, 2018, 10:51 AM   #49
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
Wow,

I read most of the articles until you got to Belize I think, then somehow they dropped off my radar.
There was definitely a spot in there somewhere where they fell suuuuper far behind on publishing them. Then they tried to catch up, and went backwards, releasing from the end and filling in the ones they skipped, which ended up similarly confusing, haha

And THAT'S why I wrote a book that I could publish myself on my own timeline

On another exciting note, I got featured on ESPN! http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/ar...iffani-burkett

I think that makes ninjette .0072% more famous by proxy. Or at least ninjette racing, since I realized I never shut up about it, haha

Old December 18th, 2018, 12:02 PM   #50
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Whooo, very nice!!!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote