ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 13th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #1
justin_ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: justin

Motorcycle(s): 90 ninja 250

carb issue.

so i have cleaned the carbs the jets, and triple checked it all. my problem is that it will only idle about 3200 rpms and if i hit the gas too fast it will die or bog down. i just did valve adjustment on it and still same thing, also replaced the float needles and adjusted them to 17mm. i have the stock air box on it and stock exhaust and also new battery. i have messed with the air/fuel mixture and it is set at 2.5 turns. any ideas.................
justin_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 13th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Are you sure that your diaphragms are undamaged and are responsive to changes of engine vacuum?
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 13th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #3
justin_ninja
ninjette.org member

The slide move and when I hit the gas they open. Or are u talking about the one on the side of the carb with the vacuum lines to it?

Old January 13th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Check this thread discussing a similar problem:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=121809

Old January 13th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #5
justin_ninja
ninjette.org member

looked it over and the only thing i can think of the air/fuel screws are not adjusted right. so tomorrow i will be looking over them and adjusting them to see if i can get it to run any better,

anyone know if in out out to have more fuel ?

i have to use choke to get it to start when its warm.

Old January 16th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #6
justin_ninja
ninjette.org member

ok so i have dipped the carbs and it runs great above 3k but when it goes down to idle just dies, i have messed with the a/f now out 3 1/4 turns and it kind of wants to idle about 2k if i hold the throttle. if i give it any gas it will jump to 4k and then stay there for a min then drop down little at a time to quiting... unless i blip the throttle then it will go up to 4k and back down slow and stall if i dont give it more gas. im going to say that the jets are clean and can see threw them. the ports are clean from what i can tell, i can blow air threw them and when i dripped water in there the jet goes it comes out where it should in the carb im at a loss for whats going on.. help...............

Old January 17th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #7
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Check that enough fuel is reaching the carbs.

It would be good to check the level inside the bowls.

Old January 19th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #8
justin_ninja
ninjette.org member

ok good news............ so after checking the valves yesterday and doing a little adjusting and today i put the tank back on and started it, after a few mins it settled down to 2k good sign, so i messed with the sync and air/fuel screws and it settled down to 1500...so it is idling ok if u ask me for now, i put all the parts i have back on and took around the block and i was surprised at how quick and fun this bike is, lags tell just after 5k then takes off like crazy. im so happy, and my job interview i had today went well...

Old January 19th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #9
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Two good news about transportation and income.