Closed Thread

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #161
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post
Nah bro- Not only is chode useless, but I'm a dick to him all the time without consequence. I say pile on the hate!
but you just say mean **** to everyone and we still like you for some reason....

Old April 14th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #162
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
but you just say mean **** to everyone and we still like you for some reason....

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #163
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #164
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

I still don'r know or care what this thread is about, but it is now way better

Old April 15th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #165
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

Old April 15th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #166
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post
d'awwwwwwwwh!

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #167
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninjette

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
Richard, I think you misunderstand some peoples intentions.

You are a new rider, and you seem to be falling into a very common mistake; wanting to go fast. when you come here posting about how you want to pass people on the highway doing 85, people automatically assume that's what you are going to do. as a new rider this makes people fear for their lives driving on the same roads as you, as undoubtedly you will make mistakes. all new riders make mistakes. the reason people get a "beginner bike" is because its more forgiving. it will let you make mistakes without throwing you off like an angry horse. when you push a bike when you really have no experience with the warning signs the bike gives you on your way to losing traction, its basically a recipe for crashing. a bike being forgiving doesn't mean its incapable. on the contrary the good riders on 250s put down laptimes that run about in the middle of the 650 class. its not a slow bike, it just tops out at 100mph. which is more than you need for the street unless you are driving like a dick in a straight line trying to kill yourself in traffic.
Pleasedo me a favor and go back through and quote to me where I stated I wanted to go fast? The only thing of the sort I ever mentioned was wanting a 250 over a 500/650 sport bike BECAUSE it's slower and I could ride it harder all the time...

Secondly, I don't know where everyone here posted lives and cannot be bothered to look at your info/status assuming it's mentioned, on every poster here. I posted where I live, and every single person with useful information has posted back and been like "yeah, I've been through your area with the abundant 75/80mph speed limits, and it's rough on the 250, it'll do it butyou've got pretty well no head room"

For arguments sake to make sense to every one of you daft fools who hop in without reading the thread, preten for a moment we are discussing a bike with a 70mph top speed and someone is saying they have 60mph speed limits near them, will it be okay. Obviously someone posing such a question isn't as stupid as half the people answering. I know 80mph<100mph therefor ninja 250 will do roughly 100mph, so it's capable of the speed limit... that isn't the question.

Here's an example; The rigt lane is the slow lane, and assuming this is being respected, you're still in a danger zone in the merging lane where traffic isentering the interstate/tollroad. If you're cruising at a 75mph posted speed limit and someone is entering the onramp matched to your speed, but neither acceleratesnor slows to properly merge between you and traffic fore and aft of your poition, assuming you have suitable following distance between them, does your ninja 250r have the power to accelerate and easily give the car room behind you, then gradually slow back giving the following distance back in front of you, or is your 250r forced to instead attempt to slow for the vehicle to enter in front of you, and close the gap between you and the car behind, as well as putting another car right on your nose?

Do you get it when I stop to spell it all out for you, or are all of you just popping in here to yell out that 250's rule and call me a jackass for having legitimate intelligently stated concerns? "Does the 250r have any passing power at 75/80mph (the posted speed limit in many places around me) or will it be tapped out doing the speed limit" =/= "I am new to motorbikes and think this zx6r seems like a good bike, my friend was all 'R1 bro' but I told him that was crazy and I just wanted the little 600cc bike not a liter bike because I am new, what do yall think" ....learn to tell the difference between these scenarios and quit shitting all over my thread with idiotic responses without reading anything in context of the thread please...

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #168
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Just finished a ride today with my highest average top speed. Holding 75mph a lot and I had no problem rolling on the throttle to accelerate up to 90mph at a pretty good pace in 6th gear. Granted my bike has about 8whp more than stock, but it can be done with a 250 for pretty cheap. I never had to downshift today to keep up with my buddies Ducati 999 to pass people when cruising at 75-80. I don't think we went past like 90 though. I don't know if you plan on cruising at like 90+, if so you might choose a different bike.

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #169
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

I'm a lot less concerned about it for the immediate time being, I just hope I am able to kep my regular commute/ride the ninjette out to fun roads comfortably on the highways. I doubt it'll be much an issue. I am just annoyed by people blurring the topic/issues with random generic responses spoonfed tot he squids without even reading the context of the thread *shrug*. Your response provided some decent insight, a few other did as well. The truth is, long term, I will likely end up with a second bike, or having to settle on a larger more powerful bike just for the high speed commuting/massive long distance traveling in Texas, and sacrifice the around town fun, if I can't justify 2 bikes. But for now, I'll keep looking for my 250r and enjoy it and enjoy the high resale if it comes to that.

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #170
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
8 extra hp huh? I find that hard to believe
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #171
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
8 extra hp huh? I find that hard to believe
jajaja basing it on the Area P dyno. I'll get it dyno'd and send your doctor the graph to put in your chart for true results, don't worry.

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #172
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
jajaja basing it on the Area P dyno. I'll get it dyno'd and send your doctor the graph to put in your chart for true results, don't worry.
***** you crazy, tell me where that 8hp is

I mean if you want to be really douchey about it you can say I have 7 more hp at 12k rpms, but its not accurate to say that you have 8 more hp total. The 250 produces 26hp, which means you would have 34 hp total, and I find that incredibly hard to believe

AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #173
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

I have the race system, so closer. Even 7whp is like what, a 28.5% increase in power? I'd say that's a big diff.

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #174
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

People suck at dyno talk in car world and bike world. "I have an 8hp peak gain" doesn't mean you jump from 26whp to 34whp, it just means somewhere n your graph it's +8 higher somewhere. "I have a 8whp gain at peak" meas peak hp rose 8hp. Both sond equally impressive, both can be felt and can make a large impact in acceleration. Either way, I'm sure he didn't dyno 34+whp from his ninja 250.

What all is there to gain from? Pod filters, rejette carbs, and full exhaust... maybe shave the head or ignition mods. Either way, it doesn't matter, and the areaP dyno shows 5whp gain at peak, and a peak gain of aout 7whp at redline... or roughly on par with a 650 under 4/5krpm lol

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #175
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Thats 7 hp at one specific rpm, overall, with your race system you're getting 5.5 extra hp out it, a bit more believable
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #176
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Quote:
Thats 7 hp at one specific rpm, overall, with your race system you're getting 5.5 extra hp out it, a bit more believable
I don't think you both understand what you're looking at? Dyno numbers are always quoted as MAX HP. Everyone knows the HP under the curve could be more or less at certain RPM. The fact is it's more throughout the entire band with 7hp max gain. What are you both confused about?

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #177
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland View Post
People suck at dyno talk in car world and bike world. "I have an 8hp peak gain" doesn't mean you jump from 26whp to 34whp, it just means somewhere n your graph it's +8 higher somewhere. "I have a 8whp gain at peak" meas peak hp rose 8hp. Both sond equally impressive, both can be felt and can make a large impact in acceleration. Either way, I'm sure he didn't dyno 34+whp from his ninja 250.

What all is there to gain from? Pod filters, rejette carbs, and full exhaust... maybe shave the head or ignition mods. Either way, it doesn't matter, and the areaP dyno shows 5whp gain at peak, and a peak gain of aout 7whp at redline... or roughly on par with a 650 under 4/5krpm lol
How much HP does your car have? And why the hell are you bringing a 650 into this HP discussion? Obviously it will have more HP regardless. Your whole argument in this thread was that you wanted a 250 but were unsure of the higher speed capabilities, then when an option is presented to you for meeting your needs you bring in a 650? You don't have to justify to us why you want something else than a 250, nobody gives a **** dude. If you want a S1000RR as your first bike get one.

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #178
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Max hp stock 26, max hp of your can, 31.5, do some tricky math and ho boy! 5.5 hp gain. herply derplie
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #179
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Quote:
Max hp stock 26, max hp of your can, 31.5, do some tricky math and ho boy! 5.5 hp gain. herply derplie
Who's getting 26 wheel from a 250? And I really don't even know why this is being argued here. The main point I was trying to bring in was that mine accelerates fine for the OP's needs with my mods. Whether or not that's 5.5whp or 7whp. Aren't you supposed to be on our side Sean? lol

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #180
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Everyone

Except you apparently.
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #181
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
How much HP does your car have? And why the hell are you bringing a 650 into this HP discussion? Obviously it will have more HP regardless. Your whole argument in this thread was that you wanted a 250 but were unsure of the higher speed capabilities, then when an option is presented to you for meeting your needs you bring in a 650? You don't have to justify to us why you want something else than a 250, nobody gives a **** dude. If you want a S1000RR as your first bike get one.
If a 650 has nothing to do with it, what does my car have to do with it? Sory to deflate your e-peen, I was backing you up, and clarifying to you as well as jiggles. on't get butthurt. My 87 3 series has a 2.8l stroker sucking down 25psi from a holset hx35 and spits 450rwhp and as much torque, out through 205/50/16's for the record though.

I wasn't trying to insult you at all. I simply threw in as an aside that it's roughly on pr wth a 650 ridden under 5k. And no, it isn't more like 7whp through the rev range, it's more like 5whp from 2nd gear on, because each shift drops you back down and 9-12k is the meat of the powerband and where you have a 5whp gain. Area P's dyno shows all of this clear as day, and your bike has never been on a dyno or you wouldn't be citing their numbers as your roof of your power output. If you want me to be a dick, I can... I was simply clarifying. I found your info to be useful as stated.

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #182
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Quote:
If a 650 has nothing to do with it, what does my car have to do with it? Sory to deflate your e-peen, I was backing you up, and clarifying to you as well as jiggles. on't get butthurt. My 87 3 series has a 2.8l stroker sucking down 25psi from a holset hx35 and spits 450rwhp and as much torque, out through 205/50/16's for the record though.

I wasn't trying to insult you at all. I simply threw in as an aside that it's roughly on pr wth a 650 ridden under 5k. And no, it isn't more like 7whp through the rev range, it's more like 5whp from 2nd gear on, because each shift drops you back down and 9-12k is the meat of the powerband and where you have a 5whp gain. Area P's dyno shows all of this clear as day, and your bike has never been on a dyno or you wouldn't be citing their numbers as your roof of your power output. If you want me to be a dick, I can... I was simply clarifying. I found your info to be useful as stated.
Lol, I don't understand what this thread is turning into. At the speeds you want, the rpm you'll be at, the mods I was talking about would be a good real world gain for you. And I love old school e30's, I have no idea how you're getting traction with 205's at that HP since I get no traction with 265's and 400.

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #183
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Like I said, 8whp gain at peak or 8whp peak gain both sound impressive and both provide very noticeable effects on the 250r, I've seen before/after timed acceleration with a few mods. And % wise it is a big jump for sure.

And traction... it has a very softly sprung rear end with tire with actual sidewalls, it works wonders for traction from a dig, wider would be better for outright grip but I can hook up on what I have and break loose when I want. It'll get wider when I make box flairs for the fenders.

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #184
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

http://www.prismnet.com/~tmscream/cg...yclethumbs.cgi

Did anyone notice the crazy done up graphics on the 250r's I found there? place down in roundrock with a bunch of random bikes, lots of 250r's, a few unique ones, and even a cbr250 or two. They seem to have a pretty steady stream of them coming in and decent pricing, as well as other bikes.

Old April 15th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #185
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
I don't know where everyone here posted lives and cannot be bothered to look at your info/status assuming it's mentioned, on every poster here.

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #186
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I went into great detail describing the area where I live and conditions I would face on my local highways if I were to venture onto them. I cannot be bothered to look at each and every person who responds, clearly having not taken the time to read what I described, and go "oh well chodeofakind live is Ohio, let me go google and find out the max highway speed in Ohio and see if he's just thinking I live in the same conditions"....

again, anyone not reading the contents of the thread shouldn't bother posting, in any thread, on any forum, ever. That's the equivilent of me walking up to you and a group of people I have never met, mid conversaton, and blurting out some random crap that may or may not be related, then walking off. You'd all be like wtf was that about, what a retard...

You're damn right I'm not checking each and every poster for location. I don't need to, it's all asked and spoken of in the context of MY location and MY getting a bike. Anything but the specific conditions discussed is irrelivent to the matters at hand.

Old April 15th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #187
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

I had tilapia for dinner tonight. It was pretty good.

Old April 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #188
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
At least Tilapia doesn't swear at you, and call you names while you talk to it at dinner. errr eat it for dinner

Old April 15th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #189
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/closed

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Closed Thread