ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 Tech Talk

Notices

Old May 7th, 2020, 12:11 AM   #1
bseos
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Bseos

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS

Yoshimura Rearset Bracket Ninja 300 (2013) - Need Replacement Shift Link Rod R-K8SR15

I have previously had the Yoshimura Rearset Brackets installed on my Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS 2013 but had taken them off for when my brother was learning on it. Now want to put them back on, however I no longer have the four socket bolts and more importantly the shift link rod.

I've already ordered some "M8 (8mm) x 20mm Metric Allen Screws" on eBay and picked up some 8mm washers to go with them.

However I'm having difficulty finding the size/length of the shift link rod. The part number is listed as R-K8SR158SS in the installation manual.

Does anyone know of it's dimensions or of any other part that could do the same job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Hmmm, one time I didn't have time to wait for stuff to come in due to race that weekend. What I did was just cut head off 20mm bolt and welded threaded section to existing rod.

Eventually these showed up. Both ends were right-hand threads, but once adjusted to proper length, no need to change. So no big deal. Got two complete sets of rods + ends for about U$D 8.50 each. One set on bike and spare in toolbox.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172252462236
http://www.ebay.com/itm/352063383949

I was able to actually help guy in Expert 250 class who blew up his R3's engine on Sat. and needed bike on Sunday. He bought used N250R from another racer and needed to replace shift-rod. Luckily, I just happen to have one he could use for Sunday's race.
This^ previous post by DannoXYZ seems promising. However I still will need to know the length of the Shift Link Rod from the Yoshimura Rearsets before i know which one to order.

If anyone knows the dimension of theirs or can give it a quick measure I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last futzed with by bseos; May 7th, 2020 at 05:51 PM.
bseos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2020, 09:38 AM   #2
Topaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Topaz

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 / Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM

I have the Yoshi brackets in my N300. They came with the bike when I bought it used. I assume the shift rod is the Yoshi one. And if it isn't, I guess it's long enough. I have the rear sets in the most rear and highest position and the shifting works fine.

It's kind of hard to get a precise measurement with the rod on the bike. Specially because it's screwed into the two 'terminals' where it goes.

Anyways, I just measured 17.5cm from terminal center to terminal center. And I measured 13cm as the visible part of the rod. Hope it helps.
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2020, 11:37 AM   #3
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
What you can do is install rearset and position everything how you like it. Then zip-tie/duct-tape ball-joints rotated to proper angle. Measure gap between them. Add 3cm and that's your desired rod-length.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2020, 11:49 AM   #4
Topaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Topaz

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 / Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM

Quote:
What you can do is install rearset and position everything how you like it. Then zip-tie/duct-tape ball-joints rotated to proper angle. Measure gap between them. Add 3cm and that's your desired rod-length.
Yeah, the 'ball joints'! That's what I meant by 'terminals' LOL. Thanks Danno.
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2020, 05:30 PM   #5
bseos
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Bseos

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
I have the Yoshi brackets in my N300. They came with the bike when I bought it used. I assume the shift rod is the Yoshi one. And if it isn't, I guess it's long enough. I have the rear sets in the most rear and highest position and the shifting works fine.

It's kind of hard to get a precise measurement with the rod on the bike. Specially because it's screwed into the two 'terminals' where it goes.

Anyways, I just measured 17.5cm from terminal center to terminal center. And I measured 13cm as the visible part of the rod. Hope it helps.
Thanks mate, greatly appreciated.

Quote:
I'll give that a go too, thank you.
bseos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2020, 12:49 AM   #6
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Yeah, the 'ball joints'! That's what I meant by 'terminals' LOL. Thanks Danno.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote