ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:06 PM   #1
cdupont03
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 250R

A few questions, help putting bike back together

Hoses figured out, thanks. Please read post before just posting links to everything I have already looked at... PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

Also I have found many threads on how to remove the fairings but I cant find anything worth while on how to put the front and rear under tray guards on. The service and parts break down are no help, they are so tiny and non-descriptive and don't tell you which order to put them in. If some on could do a write up or at least snap a couple good pics with them on so I know which pieces lay where and how they over lap and what not... thanks in advance.

Last futzed with by cdupont03; May 7th, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
cdupont03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:19 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

There are pics of the tank hoses and diagrams of the plumbing in this DIY:

DIY- How to Remove the Gas Tank

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #3
cdupont03
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
There are pics of the tank hoses and diagrams of the plumbing in this DIY:

DIY- How to Remove the Gas Tank
Yes none of them mention anything about what looks to be a hook-up on the fuel sender or whatever the black thing is, is it not used on non-CA models?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old April 24th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdupont03 View Post
Yes none of them mention anything about what looks to be a hook-up on the fuel sender or whatever the black thing is, is it not used on non-CA models?
Posted via Mobile Device
there is a small nipple thing on the fuel level sender. it is not connected to anything. it also has wiring which does get connected. but the thing that looks like a nipple for a vacuum line just stays disconnected.

next to it, on the petcock, there is a vacuum line, and the main fuel line.

Old April 24th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #5
cdupont03
ninjette.org member

Thanks that's what I needed to know, so everything is hooked up correctly. Onto the second question then. Can someone please direct me to a link or assist me in trying to get all these plastics put back on. The bike currently has no plastics or any of the under tray on it. I would really love to get this thing back together I have been working on it as I have had time over the last month or so. I have everything mechanically working I just need to get everything back together. My girl gets back on Tuesday of next week from being gone for the last 6 weeks and see mentioned how it would be awesome if I could pick her up from the airport with the bike. I told her it's not together but I would love to get it together before than so I can kinda surprise her. So any help would be wonderful; links, pictures, walk-through... anything that would assist me. Thanks in advance, Chris.

Old April 25th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #6
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/DIY_Fairing_Removal

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old April 26th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #7
cdupont03
ninjette.org member

I appreciate the post unfortunately it is not an issue with getting the fairings on but the front and rear under-trays. The black plastic pieces which go directly above the front and rear tires.

Old May 7th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #8
cdupont03
ninjette.org member

Still trying to get this thing together any help would be appreciated. I need to now where the yellow/green green/white two wire clip that comes off the large harness from the left handlebar right near the forks. Also if any one could please post a pic or short video of the mounting points for the rear undertray and where all that mounts, a pic of the rear from the top so I can see the way all the harnesses lay and everything. Lastly mounting points for the front undertray that sits right above the front wheel. I know they mount somewhere around the radiator but I am not sure exactly how. Can someone please take 10 minutes out of their life and help me out with this, I have been trying to get this thing back together for a month now and any help would be appreciated....

Old May 7th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #9
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdupont03 View Post
Still trying to get this thing together any help would be appreciated. I need to now where the yellow/green green/white two wire clip that comes off the large harness from the left handlebar right near the forks. Also if any one could please post a pic or short video of the mounting points for the rear undertray and where all that mounts, a pic of the rear from the top so I can see the way all the harnesses lay and everything. Lastly mounting points for the front undertray that sits right above the front wheel. I know they mount somewhere around the radiator but I am not sure exactly how. Can someone please take 10 minutes out of their life and help me out with this, I have been trying to get this thing back together for a month now and any help would be appreciated....
1: clutch switch

2: just ducttape it on

3: no

4: by "undertray" you might mean the front fender support. but you probably mean the front fairing stay. it bolts onto the plate on the head steering tube. rereading i see you mean the inner wind fairing. it bolts onto the top of the radiator mounts.

here's the thing with this bike... not a lot of stuff fits places it doesn't belong... so if something doesn't fit, it probably doesn't go there, if it does fit, it probably goes there.

Old May 7th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #10
cdupont03
ninjette.org member

Yeah but can you please post up a pic so that I can see. It doesnt seem like it is lining up correctly I am not sure if part of something else goes there also or if I have the radiator support bracket incorrect or what. Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks

Old May 8th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #11
sLick415
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Ill see if I can get some pictures later. But how bout you get us some pictures so we know exactly what youre dealing with here?..
sLick415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #12
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
go to any parts site... click oem... select your year... find the appropriate parts diagram that shows how the pieces fit together. profit.

Old May 8th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #13
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
example, www.cheapcycleparts.com, www.bikebandit.com

Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:47 AM   #14
cdupont03
ninjette.org member

Alex, thanks for the links. They were more helpful than the one posted in the sticky section, I am not sure if they contained more parts breakdowns or were just easier to navigate either way it helps out.

Do you happen to know . where I might be able to find a link or photo regarding hardware. They are not very descriptive in that they dont mention whether the bolts are hex, screw type, or Allen head. Particularly part numbers 92151, 92153, 92154.

Once again thanks for the help. This whole thing has been a pain in the butt. I will be glad to get it finished up as I am cutting into the already fairly short riding season here in PA.