Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Notices

Old May 16th, 2018, 04:47 AM   #1
Scorp65
ninjette.org member

Name: Sonny

Motorcycle(s): 1992 Yamaha XJ600, 2009 Ninja 250R

My 2009

I bought her February 24th of this year. One owner, garage kept, 2503 miles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-02-24 12.42.47.jpg (157.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-02-24 12.43.50.jpg (140.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-03-09 16.04.02-1.jpg (133.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-05-07 20.40.13.jpg (265.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-05-07 20.40.47.jpg (96.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-05-07 20.41.34.jpg (97.4 KB, 9 views)
Scorp65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2018, 06:35 AM   #2
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Ooh ahhh!!! Very nice!!!

Hi and Welcome!!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2018, 12:39 PM   #3
maverick9611
"a legend in my own mind"

Name: maverick9611

Motorcycle(s): 2015 moto guzzi norge(brownie),2020 aprilia dorsoduro,

MOTM - Feb '18
welcome fellow georgia rider! I'm 197 miles east of you on the carolina border.

Old May 16th, 2018, 02:33 PM   #4
Scorp65
ninjette.org member

Thanks for the welcome guys. I guess I should make a new member post since I've decided to be an active member instead of just a lurker

Old May 16th, 2018, 02:58 PM   #5
maverick9611

MOTM - Feb '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp65 View Post
Thanks for the welcome guys. I guess I should make a new member post since I've decided to be an active member instead of just a lurker
yup and check out my georgia waterfalls ride

Old May 16th, 2018, 03:02 PM   #6
Scorp65
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9611 View Post
yup and check out my georgia waterfalls ride
Sounds good

Old May 16th, 2018, 06:10 PM   #7
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Nice find, and welcome to the board!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2018, 09:45 AM   #8
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Hey

Beautiful 250. I love the red ones. Garage kept and low miles too: very nice!

Did it come with the Area P exhaust system or did you add it? They're really great.

I noticed you have frame sliders on it, but you still have the stock turn signals. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the turn signals protrude out quite a bit further than the frame sliders. If you do end up suffering a drop, those turn signals will probably hit the ground. I've seen a few pictures of crashed 250s on this forum where the side fairings look like they would have just been scratched up if not for the fact that the turn signal was forced into the fairing, smashing and cracking it. Just something to think about.

Finally: are you still running the stock tyres? I think the stock tyres on the 250R are IRCs. If you are still using them you might like to consider swapping them out for something better. The best "upgrade" I did to my stock ninjette wasn't the full exhaust, airfilter upgrade or anything else like that: it was the tyres. I first switched to Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres. They are damn incredible. The bike felt like it was stuck to the road with those things on it. I think I went through two sets of those and then later switched to Pilot Street Radial tyres. The Pilot Street Radial's are way better than the stock tyres and they last much longer than the Diablo tyres I've used. I think I'm getting almost double the mileage out of them than the Diablos. For pure performance I would choose the Diablos, but for value for money and good enough performance (for me at least) I would choose the Pilot Street Radials.

Old May 20th, 2018, 05:02 PM   #9
Scorp65
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Hey

Beautiful 250. I love the red ones. Garage kept and low miles too: very nice!

Did it come with the Area P exhaust system or did you add it? They're really great.

I noticed you have frame sliders on it, but you still have the stock turn signals. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the turn signals protrude out quite a bit further than the frame sliders. If you do end up suffering a drop, those turn signals will probably hit the ground. I've seen a few pictures of crashed 250s on this forum where the side fairings look like they would have just been scratched up if not for the fact that the turn signal was forced into the fairing, smashing and cracking it. Just something to think about.

Finally: are you still running the stock tyres? I think the stock tyres on the 250R are IRCs. If you are still using them you might like to consider swapping them out for something better. The best "upgrade" I did to my stock ninjette wasn't the full exhaust, airfilter upgrade or anything else like that: it was the tyres. I first switched to Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres. They are damn incredible. The bike felt like it was stuck to the road with those things on it. I think I went through two sets of those and then later switched to Pilot Street Radial tyres. The Pilot Street Radial's are way better than the stock tyres and they last much longer than the Diablo tyres I've used. I think I'm getting almost double the mileage out of them than the Diablos. For pure performance I would choose the Diablos, but for value for money and good enough performance (for me at least) I would choose the Pilot Street Radials.
Thanks. The bike had the Area P when I bought it. The frame sliders were also on it when purchased. I have considered changing the signal indicators, but it may be a little while. Yes the tires are the original and I do plan to change them soon. They are past 5 years old but I have looked at them closely and they seem in good shape. The bike was on front and rear stands when stored. What mileage did you get out of the Rosso II's? That is one I have been strongly leaning toward.

Old May 20th, 2018, 06:41 PM   #10
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp65 View Post
What mileage did you get out of the Rosso II's? That is one I have been strongly leaning toward.
I checked my notes. My last rear Diablo Rosso II lasted ~6000 miles and I had it on for a bit over two years before I had to replace it. By the time I replaced it, it had cracks, was quite worn down and had become a bit deformed due to the bike not being kept on stands to raise it off the ground. I repaired it a few times during its life too.

The front Diablo Rosso II tyre lasted longer. If I had to guess it was more like 8000 miles.

I've been through two sets of Diablo Rosso IIs in total and they both lasted a similar, relatively short amount of time. They were both amazing and confidence inspiring tyres.

I think I'm still on my first set of Pilot Street Radial tyres. They have so far lasted me 3 years and ~10,000 miles. They still look in good condition too, so I'm pretty sure I can get at least another year out of them.

If I had to recommend tyres, I'd have to begrudgingly recommend the Pilot Street Radials just because of just how durable they are and yet still provide amazing grip compared to the stock tyres. If you've got plenty of money to throw around or you just want the best of the best, then go with the Diablos! I remember touching my Diablo tyres after an aggressive ride and they would literally feel sticky like glue!

This is all just my personal experience. Take it with a grain of salt. I'm forever a nooblet.

Old May 21st, 2018, 01:16 AM   #11
maverick9611

MOTM - Feb '18
best upgrade is the elcheapo muffler akro knock off from ali(doesn't hurt the wallet either)

Old May 21st, 2018, 04:06 AM   #12
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9611 View Post
best upgrade is the elcheapo muffler akro knock off from ali(doesn't hurt the wallet either)
Maybe for a stock bike, but he has an Area P. Switching to one of those mufflers would likely be a downgrade in performance, sound (Area P's sound awesome!) and build quality.