ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old April 17th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #41
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestp202 View Post
Lol I hate you all
lol...go with the latigos they are really good for the price point. But if you are at least tempted to spend the extra $ for the A-Stars then I say do it! I did, and I'm really happy with the result.
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #42
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNinja8 View Post
lol...go with the latigos they are really good for the price point. But if you are at least tempted to spend the extra $ for the A-Stars then I say do it! I did, and I'm really happy with the result.
Yea I love the price point. And the airflow of them. The alpinestars just don't have the airflow of these boots
No one carries them around me

Old April 17th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #43
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

State 8 carries the SMX-5 boots, that's where I got mine. And if you ask they might also give you 10% off, just tell them you're a new rider looking for gear on a budget. You could also at least try them on and see, and there is a decent amount of calf room so that shouldn't be an issue.
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #44
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Honestly, I can't see myself spending the 250 on the alpinestars or the spidis. I think between 150-200 max

I'm diggin the cortech latigo air the most

@Jiggles Happy with these?
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/c...o-air-rr-boots
Nice and perforated, good for casual track days and mostly just daily riding. Good protection AND he even says its great protection from ankle protection and rolling. And they're super cheap and look great ;D
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #45
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica View Post
state 8 carries the smx-5 boots, that's where i got mine. And if you ask they might also give you 10% off, just tell them you're a new rider looking for gear on a budget. You could also at least try them on and see, and there is a decent amount of calf room so that shouldn't be an issue.
but i want cortech latigo airs wah!

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #46
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Quote:
Yea I love the price point. And the airflow of them. The alpinestars just don't have the airflow of these boots
No one carries them around me
The A*s do have some vent placements at the ankle, heel, shin, and base of the foot. But you are right not nearly as much as the Latigo Air. For what its worth, my feet sweat while taking a shower and I've yet to get clammy in these. I didn't like all the holes in the perf scheme of the Latigos, but I do have this weird phobia of clusters of circles or holes - don't ask.

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #47
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Are we gonna get anymore ridiculous videos?

And WTF blackninja lol phobia of clusters?!?! Lol no need to explain yourself this is a judgement free zone.

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #48
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: I'm a ninja!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
****, I didnt even think about my calf size... my thighs and calves are huge from working out.
You don't have to worry about your thighs being in the way. Unless your legs are so short where the boots actually reach your thighs or you intend on wearing boots that go all the way up your thighs....

Just to beat a dead horse, spending that 200 will be cheaper than say, your hospital bill if some car didn't see you and hit you.
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #49
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:

And WTF blackninja lol phobia of clusters?!?! Lol no need to explain yourself this is a judgement free zone.
You get to see me crash after I get my settlement
AFM #676

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #50
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Quote:

haha yeah I think its called trypophobia I didn't know it was a real thing I just thought I was broken. Seeing an image like this can completely ruin my day. http://www.popsci.com/science/galler...07/trypophobia

Thread-jacking complete

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #51
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
broken ankles are not that bad.
Weren't you wearing boots?

AFM #676

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #52
codestp202

Quote:
haha yeah I think its called trypophobia I didn't know it was a real thing I just thought I was broken. Seeing an image like this can completely ruin my day. http://www.popsci.com/science/galler...07/trypophobia

Thread-jacking complete

http://trypophobia.net/wp-content/up..._picture21.jpg
Click it... I dare you

so guys, no one carries cortech around me. I wear a 10 1/2 in nikes. Should i just get 11's from revzilla and return them if they don't fit because they have a free return policy?

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #53
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Go for it, you may have to pay shipping though. I just ordered my tcx boots online, never tried them on
AFM #676

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #54
codestp202

Quote:
Go for it, you may have to pay shipping though. I just ordered my tcx boots online, never tried them on
what size do you usually wear/ what size tcx did you order?

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #55
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I usually wear 11-12, I think I ordered 11.5
AFM #676

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #56
codestp202

Also.. anything else I should buy while im ordering something? Idk if theres anything I still need.

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #57
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Helmet, gloves, jacket, pants, boots.
AFM #676

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #58
codestp202

I got joe rocket gloves, agv dreamtime helmet, and an agv mesh/textile jacket. I refuse to spend more money on pants at this point lol. Anything cheap that I might be overlooking?

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #59
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Get some knee pads then if you don't want pants. Again, lowsiding is going to **** up your ankles and knees
AFM #676

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #60
codestp202

**** my knees at this point lol
you buttholes persuaded me into boots. you're not getting me on pants. That makes 3200 on the bike, 40 a month on insurance, and 550 on gear Time to sell some of my guitars and amps. And go to school in nc and sell the civic hahaha. Ah well this was out of my savings. College loans are gonna **** me hard anyways.

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #61
nautica
Gixxer Powered

You can get pants for ~$125 with knee armor and hip padding. I also just bought some 4 season pants that have CE rated knee armor, padding on hip bones and other padding in the area, and they have a removable thermal liner. They can also serve as overpants if I so choose. Quit being so cheap!

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #62
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica View Post
You can get pants for ~$125 with knee armor and hip padding. I also just bought some 4 season pants that have CE rated knee armor, padding on hip bones and other padding in the area, and they have a removable thermal liner. They can also serve as overpants if I so choose. Quit being so cheap!
BEING CHEAP!??! I just blew 4k on a bike and full gear lol, keep in mine I'm working and putting myself through school so that much money is a lot to me! Well the only reason I bought the bike is because I'm taking so much school that I'm graduating in 3 years so having the bike is my motivation. I hate you guys.

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #63
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
BEING CHEAP!??! I just blew 4k on a bike and full gear lol, keep in mine I'm working and putting myself through school so that much money is a lot to me! Well the only reason I bought the bike is because I'm taking so much school that I'm graduating in 3 years so having the bike is my motivation. I hate you guys.
I'm in the same situation, I still spent around $1500 on gear, worth every penny
AFM #676

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #64
codestp202

Quote:
I'm in the same situation, I still spent around $1500 on gear, worth every penny
SHUTUP JIGGLES YOU'RE INTOXICATED ON DRUGS SO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY DOESN'T COUNT

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #65
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

I have the SMX5s

love em

I have to tuck them because my pants dont fit over them well. Even my work pants WHICH ARE NOT SLIM CUT! THEY ARE STRAIGHT CUT!
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #66
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
the knee pads can help you get enough money to pay those loans.
@Jiggles will be your first customer...

Old April 17th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #67
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
Ha true, but what's another couple hundred?? Also try ridersdiscount.com, they have good deals. And if you're on ohioriders.net contact Nathan from ridersdiscount for a discount. He's saved me quite a bit on some of the gear I got and wish I knew about it sooner.

Old April 17th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #68
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
I have the SMX5s

love em

I have to tuck them because my pants dont fit over them well. Even my work pants WHICH ARE NOT SLIM CUT! THEY ARE STRAIGHT CUT!
Dude my pants are tight as balls when I ride, I cant even keep my phone in my front pocket lol. My thighs are muscly and huge so I need to get a new pair of jeans that will fit better for riding haha. And are you guys implying crashing on purpose haha?

Old April 17th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #69
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Dude my pants are tight as balls when I ride, I cant even keep my phone in my front pocket lol. My thighs are muscly and huge so I need to get a new pair of jeans that will fit better for riding haha. And are you guys implying crashing on purpose haha?
Quit lying to yourself, you are just fat
AFM #676

Old April 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #70
codestp202

Quote:
Quit lying to yourself, you are just fat
Coming from the guy named jiggles HAHAHA

Old April 17th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #71
diablos991
ninjette.org member

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (blue)

Pants are cheap!

Crash tested at 50mph in the reviews.
These pants include hip protectors and CE knee protectors. Get them as over-pants and call it a day!
Who ever told you that motorcycling was cheap? A squid?
http://www.revzilla.com/product/joe-...istic-70-pants
diablos991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #72
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Click it... I dare you

so guys, no one carries cortech around me. I wear a 10 1/2 in nikes. Should i just get 11's from revzilla and return them if they don't fit because they have a free return policy?
Sorry for the delayed response but the latigos were half size big on me. I needed to order half size lower. Did bikebandit not have your size? Seemed like they had a lot of stock.

Btw the way one surefire way to slim down those meaty thighs of yours is to slide down the pavement on them at speed. Get pants sacrifice elsewhere not on safety. If u dont want to where riding pants to school look into the bohn armor pants. They are spandex underpants with hip armor knee armor and thigh pads. I sometime where them to work under my pants and no one can tell. They go great under jeans and all the armor is removable. Ive worn them in 85 degrees so far and they were comfy.

Old April 17th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #73
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

it be hypocritical of me to tell you to get pants since I still dont have any... lol

Old April 17th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #74
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Yeah, thats the problem is that I have to find a store that will carry them around me.
Gabriel Brothers in Kent carries work boots if you absolutely can't find motorcycle boots. Better than nothing.

State 8 has a limited selection of boots.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #75
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I don't technically own motorcycle pants, but I was on my way to buy some when I crashed so I don't feel like a hypocrite haha
AFM #676

Old April 18th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #76
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: I'm a ninja!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Click it... I dare you

Call or email revzilla and tell them what you want to get and your size. Their recommendations are usually spot on even if the size chart from manufacturer is wrong.
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2012, 07:04 AM   #77
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I don't technically own motorcycle pants, but I was on my way to buy some when I crashed so I don't feel like a hypocrite haha
Do you know what pants you were going to get?

Old April 18th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #78
codestp202

Im not getting pants this season i'm not listening im not listening im not listening!!!!! Lol I have expensive paintball pants maybe I'll wear those.

Old April 18th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #79
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Do you know what pants you were going to get?
Nah, I was just going to try stuff on and buy whatever fit best
AFM #676

Old April 18th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #80
diablos991
ninjette.org member

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (blue)

Quote:
Im not getting pants this season i'm not listening im not listening im not listening!!!!! Lol I have expensive paintball pants maybe I'll wear those.
If it'll stop a paintball it'll stop roadrash, knee breaks, and hip breaks?

Quick jiggles, scare him into buying pants!
diablos991 is offline   Reply With Quote