ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old May 13th, 2010, 12:58 AM   #41
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockie View Post
Pants can cause an embarrassment at times. If I've forgotten to switch my wallet to my outer pants then I have to unzip the riding pants in public so that i can get at the pocket of my jeans inside. I haven't been arrested yet but I've gotten some strange looks.
Happened to me SO many times it's not even funny anymore!

I mean, I'll be getting ready to go and I will PROMISE myself that I will not do it and even take my wallet out of my jeans before I'm ready to put the riding pants over and I will STILL somehow inadvertantly put it back in my jeans before slipping on the riding pants.

Preparation and experience just aren't correcting the habit. I just had to start ignoring the looks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rceezy View Post
Sir, playing with yourself in public is frowned upon in 51 states!
51 states?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #42
Soujyu
ninjette.org sage

Name: W

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (sold), 2012 Tuono V4R

Definitely yes, I keep my jacket on. I may unzip it to keep a bit cooler, but that's it. I don't know about you, but when your jackets are upwards of a couple hundred dollars, you don't take a chance at losing them.

Depending on the store (wink wink), I may even keep my helmet and earplugs on.
Soujyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #43
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

I wear my gear into stores when I'm just grabbing 1 or 2 items quick. A longer stay I will remove the helmet and just carry it in with the gloves stuffed inside and jacket on. However, I do understand why some stores will ask you to remove the helmet for security reasons. Makes the clerks and managers feel just a little bit "edgy"... Restaurants and the like I will just put it into the booth beside me or an extra chair, never been a problem with that.
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #44
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

If I'm just going somewhere to eat or a gas station or something I just put the helmet on the mirror and gloves up under the windscreen. If its going to be a while helmet goes on the lock under the seat, and gloves go in backpack, which I am always wearing. If the backpack is empty the jacket goes in there too, but its a tight fit, otherwise I just wear it.

I don't really use my bike for running errands much anymore though, I just ride to work every now and then, and go on rides where the only reason im stopping is to get gas.

I can't believe some of you are wearing your helmets inside stores. I want to sometimes, but I don't because I feel like its frowned upon nearly everywhere. I did walk into a gas station once with it on, because I had my ear buds in, and they are a PITA to get them to stay in my ears when putting my helmet on. They made me take my helmet off though, so they could make sure the pic on my ID matched up.

Old May 19th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #45
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

Only if she keeps her heels on too.
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2010, 05:44 AM   #46
Seattle_Chris
Newb since 10/2009

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE. Slowly morphing to ADV bike. :D

I lock my helmet to the bike using an after market helmet lock, shove the gloves into the helmet, and if I don't feel like toting the jacket, I move the valuables (Ipod, phone, gun, etc. etc.) into pants pockets and cram, and I do mean CRAM the jacket into my ammo can saddle bags. My over-pants for rainy days fit exactly the same way into the other can. So far nothings been futz with. I haven't even modded the ammo cans to lock yet.
Seattle_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2010, 06:36 AM   #47
SteveL
old git

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): BMW K1300S

My tank bag turns into a back pack in less than 30 seconds if I go into a store I carry my helmet with my gloves in side it and the tank bag on my back.

Steve

Old June 9th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #48
Ninjalee
ninjette.org member

Name: Coralee

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 Ninja

My gear goes everywhere with me. A riding buddy of mine suggested that leaving your helmet on when going in to pay for gas isn't polite...? I still do it all the time :P
Ninjalee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2010, 08:26 AM   #49
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalee View Post
My gear goes everywhere with me. A riding buddy of mine suggested that leaving your helmet on when going in to pay for gas isn't polite...? I still do it all the time :P
Just think about it from the gas station clerk's perspective. It's about as unsettling as seeing someone come in with a ski mask or leggings over their head. Some places will not allow it for that reason. I've seen clerks remotely lock the door when someone drops a customer off at the front and then waits there with the engine idling. I'd feel uncomfortable with that too.

Old June 9th, 2010, 09:40 AM   #50
Ninjalee
ninjette.org member

Name: Coralee

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 Ninja

Good point. I hope I haven't made anyone feel uncomfortable, but I doubt I put fear into anyone being 5'4 and dressed in all barbie pink gear lol. But seems like I should make sure to take my helmet off everytime just incase.
Ninjalee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #51
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalee View Post
Good point. I hope I haven't made anyone feel uncomfortable, but I doubt I put fear into anyone being 5'4 and dressed in all barbie pink gear lol. But seems like I should make sure to take my helmet off everytime just incase.
I hate to stereotype or generalize but, in your case, it's probably OK. I doubt they're concerned with you wearing your helmet.

Old June 10th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #52
Benjava
Coffee Geek

Name: hey you

Motorcycle(s): KLR 650, Harley Sportster,Ninjette delayed by purchase of another KLR will get one someday

I put everything in a shopping cart and push it around the store.
Benjava is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #53
Buffalony
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelGuy View Post
For short stops I generally carry my gear with me. If I'm going to an event and will be walking around I lock my gear to the bike.

I always carry one of these type locks:

Just thread it through the sleeves of your jacket(s) and around your upper triple clamp. It can easily hold two helmets and two jackets.
I was just on Kryptonite's site looking at the powersports lock section. Some of the high theft area lock names are hilarious.
Here https://www.kryptonitelock.com/produ....aspx?cid=1000

They have a nice line of products.

Depends on the area for me. Most of the time I'll hang my helmet from the left side cargo hook, throw my gloves inside, and leave my jacket on. If i have a backpack ill attach that to the cargo hook also. If I'm in an area I dont trust as much, I'll use the helmet lock for both. And If I have expensive items in my backpack, I'll leave it on or lock the zipper (rarely). I have a bully disc lock that I picked up from New Enough that I'll put on in places I'm uncomfortable with to.

I would like to get a new lock like the one above just to tie the bike up sometimes. The disc lock is great but it doesnt prevent the bike from being picked up and put into the back of a pick-up ya know.
My Yamaha has a built in chain/helmet lock that I think was a brilliant idea. It
Has a compartment the chain slides in and out of and uses the same accessory key used to unlock the seat. 30+ yr old but still pretty niffty

Old September 24th, 2011, 05:39 AM   #54
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
If I'm not riding my jacket gets too hot too quickly. I either carry it or I wear it only half on so my shoulders aren't in the jacket by my arms are. Seems I get looks no matter what method I choose of carrying/holding my gear, so I don't even consider that anymore.

I'm planning on buying a set of less protective gear for slow, short trips that is far more convenient to wear off the bike. I'm thinking: a leather jacket and kevlar enforced jeans but with no protective pads. Also leather boots that look like normal casual boots and some thin gloves that are small enough to stuff in a pocket... not like this:
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #55
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moe

Motorcycle(s): None

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
If I'm not riding my jacket gets too hot too quickly. I either carry it or I wear it only half on so my shoulders aren't in the jacket by my arms are. Seems I get looks no matter what method I choose of carrying/holding my gear, so I don't even consider that anymore.

I'm planning on buying a set of less protective gear for slow, short trips that is far more convenient to wear off the bike. I'm thinking: a leather jacket and kevlar enforced jeans but with no protective pads. Also leather boots that look like normal casual boots and some thin gloves that are small enough to stuff in a pocket... not like this:
Hey! Don't be hating on the handroids...those babies totally saved my wrist and shoulder

Depending on what part of town I am in I will leave my helmet hanging off a handlebar on the bike. If I'm on a military base I feel pretty comfortable about leaving my helmet. Otherwise I will carry it with me with my HANDROIDS (akima ) shoved inside. As for the jacket I have a $600 Dainese jacket so I leave that baby on unless I am sitting somewhere and can set it next to me. Besides...the jacket gets a lot of looks and compliments from the ladies My power ranger boots (sidi st airs) also get a lot of compliments

Old September 25th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #56
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesio View Post
Hey! Don't be hating on the handroids...those babies totally saved my wrist and shoulder

Depending on what part of town I am in I will leave my helmet hanging off a handlebar on the bike. If I'm on a military base I feel pretty comfortable about leaving my helmet. Otherwise I will carry it with me with my HANDROIDS (akima ) shoved inside. As for the jacket I have a $600 Dainese jacket so I leave that baby on unless I am sitting somewhere and can set it next to me. Besides...the jacket gets a lot of looks and compliments from the ladies My power ranger boots (sidi st airs) also get a lot of compliments
LOL, I'm sure the handroids are wonderful... they're also huge!

Old September 25th, 2011, 03:44 AM   #57
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

If it's too hot, I'll just carry everything; otherwise, I usually just wear my jacket & just carry my helmet with my gloves inside it.

Old September 25th, 2011, 08:24 AM   #58
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

I wear it in stores etc. In school I even went to classes with it on sometimes. Not worth getting it stolen. And yeah. Helmet in hand with gloves in.
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #59
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moe

Motorcycle(s): None

Quote:
LOL, I'm sure the handroids are wonderful... they're also huge!
This is true...when I first got my handroids and st air boots i couldnt help but put them on and walk around pretending to be a killer human droid robot, robotically punching and chooping my all my buddies

Old September 25th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #60
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
This is true...when I first got my handroids and st air boots i couldnt help but put them on and walk around pretending to be a killer human droid robot, robotically punching and chooping my all my buddies
LMAO With all your white gear you're not far off looking like a storm trooper... bet your buddies are gonna love you when that act begins... "DIE REBEL SCUM!!"

Old September 25th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #61
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
gloves go in helmet, helmet attaches to backpack, jacket unzips. boots and pants stay where they are. phone, keys and wallet stay in the jacket

Old September 25th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #62
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Green 250R

I guess I need to quit being so trustful or it will bite me sooner or later, if I'm just in my local town of 16,000,at Wal-Mart or wherever, I'll leave my helmet on the ground behind the front tire with my jacket draped over the seat and gloves under the windshield. If I'm out of town it all goes with me.
kevheads is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #63
nixthewiz
ninjette.org member

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:

Same here! Nothing gets more compliments than my Sidi Boots. The ladies always say "Those are cool shoes you have there." because I wear my jeans over the top of the boots when I'm at school. The rest of my gear goes in my locker. And they always go when I tell them they're not shoes and then proceed to pull up my jeans to show off my boots and my sexy legs

Old September 26th, 2011, 05:36 AM   #64
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

Wow... I'm way more trusting.

I leave my gloves under the windshield like 100% of the time. If I'm making a quick trip inside WalMart I sit the helmet next to the bike and if it's a longer trip I use the helmet lock.

If I go to Sheetz I dangle gear all over the bike since I can see the bike from inside.

This time of year the jacket just stays on and unzipped because I get chilly easily.
miss_syn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2011, 07:14 AM   #65
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_syn View Post
Wow... I'm way more trusting.

I leave my gloves under the windshield like 100% of the time. If I'm making a quick trip inside WalMart I sit the helmet next to the bike and if it's a longer trip I use the helmet lock.

If I go to Sheetz I dangle gear all over the bike since I can see the bike from inside.

This time of year the jacket just stays on and unzipped because I get chilly easily.
where do you live?! if I did that my stuff would be gone in second.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #66
Bassman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 1986 Goldwing, 1996 CR500, 2011 Ninja 250, 2009 Harley Heritage Softail, 1941 Suzuki Gerbil 250

On the Ninja I take everything, jacket, gloves, helmet, etc. I once had my helmet cliped on my Goldwing's helmet locks because the bags were full. Someone thought it would be funny to dump a coke in it. I wasn't laff'n.
Bassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #67
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

if this helps for anyone, typically at places like wal-mart I just bring backpack, helmet, gloves & jacket w/ me and put it in the cart I'm pushing while I shop for what I need. then put the things I bought in my backpack after I pay.

then other times I'll just lock my helmet to the rear seat and put the gloves in the rear compartment.
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #68
Newguy70
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

I always take my helmet with me, as I had my 1st one stolen.

My jacket I attach to my bike takes about 2 minutes. I run the following steel loop through the arm of my jacket, and attach it to my Xena disc lock. Perfect to leave out in the sun and get the smell out of the jacket kills two birds with one stone as it keeps the seat cool as well, by laying over the. Rainy days I strap my jacket to my Krieger Backpack and keep with me.

http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/...orCombo/page1/

XXA150 Combo
For use with XENADISC-LOCK ALARM XX6 Series

• 150cm Steel Loop Cable
• Stainless-Steel Adaptor

*XENA DISC-LOCK ALARMSold Separately

My xena disc brake when not in use sits perfect under the seat cowling, As well as the steel loop which you must wrap like a coil. Gloves I stick in my Helmet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000000111_0.jpg (4.5 KB, 81 views)

Old September 27th, 2011, 01:36 AM   #69
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy70 View Post
I always take my helmet with me, as I had my 1st one stolen.

My jacket I attach to my bike takes about 2 minutes. I run the following steel loop through the arm of my jacket, and attach it to my Xena disc lock. Perfect to leave out in the sun and get the smell out of the jacket kills two birds with one stone as it keeps the seat cool as well, by laying over the. Rainy days I strap my jacket to my Krieger Backpack and keep with me.

http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/...orCombo/page1/

XXA150 Combo
For use with XENADISC-LOCK ALARM XX6 Series

• 150cm Steel Loop Cable
• Stainless-Steel Adaptor

*XENA DISC-LOCK ALARMSold Separately

My xena disc brake when not in use sits perfect under the seat cowling, As well as the steel loop which you must wrap like a coil. Gloves I stick in my Helmet.
I have the XX6 too. Didn't know about that steel-adaptor - I can imagine the built-in alarm getting accidentally triggered more often when you link your jacket to the XX6 like that.

Old September 27th, 2011, 06:33 AM   #70
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

All the gear with me at all times. I've already had things taken out of my tail bag. I've also seen a couple finger prints on my tank (I put my gloves on before getting on the bike).

I've had people give me looks as I walk through walmart and bestbuy. I always get the old ladies that say "you be careful out there, sonnie".
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 06:56 AM   #71
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

When needed, lock the jacket to the bike, but not normally. Usually only when I won't be riding the bike all day but rode it there and will be riding it home.
I just wear the jackets inside. Sometimes I have a full suit on even.

I just finally figured out I can stash helmets attached to the rear seats so do that now instead of lugging the helmet around with me.

Gloves I just stick under my arm while walking' around since I no longer carry my helmet.

Helmet goes on bike right side up. Somebody would have to tamper with it to get something in it.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 08:00 AM   #72
Newguy70
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I have the XX6 too. Didn't know about that steel-adaptor - I can imagine the built-in alarm getting accidentally triggered more often when you link your jacket to the XX6 like that.
Never false triggers to date. you would have to grab the jacket, or bump the bike. . .

Old September 27th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #73
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDspd View Post
I always get the old ladies that say "you be careful out there, sonnie".
Awww!

Quote:
Never false triggers to date. you would have to grab the jacket, or bump the bike. . .
Even though I use it on the least sensitive settings, my XX6 regularly goes off. Usually the cause is the wind blowing the bike cover around.

Old September 27th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #74
Newguy70
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I am actually using the Xena XN10, thus the reason for no false triggers... My unit is less sensitive. That's a plus / and a minus.

Old September 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM   #75
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
where do you live?! if I did that my stuff would be gone in second.
Pittsburgh-ish I go all around for a couple counties though

Old September 28th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #76
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Pittsburgh-ish I go all around for a couple counties though
really. wow I wouldnt imagine that a very safe place to leave stuff around?

Old September 28th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #77
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Five months and no one has touched anything. I used to leave my door unlocked to my house but I also have a German Shepherd.

Old September 28th, 2011, 10:03 AM   #78
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Five months and no one has touched anything. I used to leave my door unlocked to my house but I also have a German Shepherd.
I hope you keep your windows locked

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old September 28th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #79
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
I hope you keep your windows locked]
Love that guy

Old September 28th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #80
ungluck
sleeper

Name: chris

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '10 690 duke

it's 90* everyday all day here..so i just keep it on, if i am grabbing like..a quick drink..helmet on..but if not i'll carry my helmet and gloves..my assualters pack stays on me..if no pack, then i am just getting a drink.