Notices

Closed Thread

Old November 22nd, 2015, 12:07 AM   #1
Khan
ninjette.org member

Name: Khan

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Group order for new 2008-12 fairings

Hello everyone! Starting a group order for 10-15 full fairing kits that I am importing from Shengzhou, China. I will be placing the order soon ( preferably within 2 weeks) & wanted to let everyone know:
Total price : 300 + 35 (shipping) = $335 (via PayPal; delivered to your doorstep within the US) which is about $150 lower than everywhere else.
Paint theme : If you want a particular paint theme, send me picture(s) (preferably through private messaging) and I will get it custom painted. However, I will be taking your word for it and will import it without asking you to pay for it. Once the item has arrived, I will inform you. So, I would appreciate if there was no last minute mind changing as its hard to sell custom painted fairings.
Peace of Mind: If you want to purchase through Amazon, I will put them up on my Amazon account and you can message me your ninjette.org name, address and fairing paint theme. My Amazon account name is "The River Xpress". You can google it & it will pop up. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/s?me=A33TB6JVOMNYYJ
However, Amazon charges 12% fee on automotive parts. So, the price will increase by $36 (335+36 = $ 371)
Local Pickup :I live in Anaheim Hills, CA. So, if someone wants to pick up the kit(s) locally, the price would be $300 (since there is no shipping).
Race Fairings : Full body kit made with fiber glass and high quality epoxy resin are also available. These are $500 in total. The set is complete (upper, lower, tail, front fender). They will be unpainted. The fasteners are an additional $ 15 (some pictures are posted along the thread)

I will update the thread as the order slots get filled up. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any queries or concerns. I will be happy to help. Thanks

ABS fairings: 9 left
Race fairings: 10 left

Last futzed with by Khan; November 25th, 2015 at 12:50 PM. Reason: updating quantities of items left

Old November 22nd, 2015, 02:24 PM   #2
joehendo
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Aprilia Caponord, 2009 Kawi Ninja 250r

Faring type

Can I get a set of race fairings versus a street version?

Old November 22nd, 2015, 06:04 PM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Welcome Joe!

Old November 22nd, 2015, 07:07 PM   #4
joehendo
ninjette.org member

Thanks!

Old November 22nd, 2015, 08:25 PM   #5
Khan
ninjette.org member

14 left

Old November 22nd, 2015, 08:27 PM   #6
Khan
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehendo View Post
Can I get a set of race fairings versus a street version?
I sent you a reply in PM

Old November 22nd, 2015, 08:59 PM   #7
Triple R
ninjette.org member

Name: D.Doan

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki's

Interested in a set of race plastics too. Please let me know!

Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:05 PM   #8
Khan
ninjette.org member

Just to be sure, are you guys interested in ABS plastic race fairings or the fiber glass ones? Thanks

Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:07 PM   #9
Triple R
ninjette.org member

Name: D.Doan

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki's

I want fiberglass but I suppose ABS will do. I'll also need these ASAP or I will just order some hot bodies.

Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:22 PM   #10
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Khan, can you estimate a shipping time frame? 10-15 kits from China for only $35 each... sounds like waiting on a boat.

Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:50 PM   #11
Khan
ninjette.org member

After I place the order, I should receive them in 30 days. That is what the factory has estimated. It might be earlier or later depending on how strict customs is.
$35 is not the shipping cost from China, its the shipping cost from me (California) to you.
I just guessed it would be around $35. If its less, I will reimburse the amount through Paypal

Old November 23rd, 2015, 12:00 AM   #12
Khan
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple R View Post
I want fiberglass but I suppose ABS will do. I'll also need these ASAP or I will just order some hot bodies.
I will try my best to get it ASAP but will take about a month, I am guessing. Don't want you to wait in vain. Also, I am not sure if the fiber glass will vary in price but I will try to haggle and get it for the same price *finger crossed*
Regardless, I will inform you of the outcome. I have forwarded pictures to the factory and asked them about the fiber glass option for you guys (lets not settle for less if a better option is available)

Old November 24th, 2015, 01:17 AM   #13
Khan
ninjette.org member

13 left

I contacted the factory today. The good news is that they do manufacture Fiber Glass Race Fairings. However, they will be slightly more expensive than normal ABS fairings owing to the material used (still way cheaper than hot bodies). I will receive an accurate quote by tomorrow and will post pictures and prices then. Race fairing fasteners are also available. Will include their separate picture as well

Surprisingly, I was expecting more people to be interested in the street ABS fairings. Proves our forum is frequented by a lot of racers

Old November 24th, 2015, 06:45 AM   #14
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Timing is everything!

Do this again in the spring a few weeks after the riding season is in full swing. It should be different as all the street riders that have those unfortunate beginning of season boo boos and will want new fairings, turn signals and bars. :\

Old November 24th, 2015, 07:19 AM   #15
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple R View Post
You do know why race fairings are always made of fiberglass, right?

ABS crashes and it tends to shatter easily. Repairs are often impossible because you need all the bits there... you can repair a crack but missing/ground off stuff, not so much. Chances are you do not get to ride a faired bike again until they get replaced... and if they're low-cost Chinese imports, good luck finding a replacement part. In theory you can patch with glass and ABS-friendly resin, but... not optimal. Best of luck.

Fiberglass crashes and it cracks/delaminates but is generally repairable. Often a crash will leave the glass cloth intact even if the matrix has been compromised. Unless it's really bad, you don't even miss a session. Then you go home, repair the fairing and you're good to go for your next day. If you've been to the track I'm sure you've seen lots of fairings that have been repaired over and over.

Note: A member pointed out that fiberglass resin is critical, and he is of course right. The best race glass costs because it's made with quality epoxy resin, not vinylester or el-crappo, brittle low-end epoxy.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.

Last futzed with by adouglas; November 24th, 2015 at 12:38 PM.

Old November 25th, 2015, 12:02 AM   #16
Khan
ninjette.org member

Race fairings cost and material

Got the quote:
Fiber glass race fairing = $500 (delivered to your doorstep within the US) which is $350 less than hot bodies or other local vendors.
Thats the best price I could obtain on the condition I import a ton of them(10), lol

Anyways, the material is high quality epoxy resin. I made sure it wasn't polyester resin or vinyl ester resin. It will take 20 days to make. The factory wont paint it because its difficult for the glossy paint to adhere to fiber glass.

If you are looking for a race fairing, I too would advice against getting ABS for the reasons mentioned above by adouglas. The fiber glass will end up saving you money in the long run.

The fairings will be complete including tail, sides, nose, front wheel etc. They manufacture race fairings only on order and didn't have any for Ninja 250r in stock to send me pictures but sent me these pictures stating that they would be very similar to the pictures attached. The middle two pictures were just sent to me to show the molding process. The 3rd pic was to demonstrate the use of epoxy resin & fiber glass.

The set of fairing fasteners is also available and is an additional $15. Its optional and just makes the process of putting the fairings on more convenient and quick. Picture attached.

Feel free to shoot me any further queries or concerns

Old November 25th, 2015, 12:28 AM   #17
Khan
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Timing is everything!

Do this again in the spring a few weeks after the riding season is in full swing. It should be different as all the street riders that have those unfortunate beginning of season boo boos and will want new fairings, turn signals and bars. :\
Noted, thanks. Should be able to squeeze some fairings in during the spring if there is some space left in the shipping containers at that time.

Old November 25th, 2015, 08:52 AM   #18
joehendo
ninjette.org member

Hotbodies has a 2 for 1 sale going on in the month of November. Making the price $350 a set. Gotta hurry though!

Old November 25th, 2015, 10:16 AM   #19
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Are these OEM street fairings? I need a set of black street fairings.

Old November 25th, 2015, 12:47 PM   #20
Khan
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Are these OEM street fairings? I need a set of black street fairings.
No. They are aftermarket fairings, non OEM.They wll cost you $335 in total, as stated above. I will add you to the list. Please PM/email me the name and the address you want them to be delivered at. Thanks

Last futzed with by Khan; November 25th, 2015 at 02:08 PM.

Old November 25th, 2015, 12:49 PM   #21
Khan
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehendo View Post
Hotbodies has a 2 for 1 sale going on in the month of November. Making the price $350 a set. Gotta hurry though!
Could you send me a link? I couldn't find the deal.
Also don't forget to factor in their shipping. It was pretty obnoxious for me

Old November 25th, 2015, 12:53 PM   #22
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
Could you send me a link? I couldn't find the deal.
Also don't forget to factor in their shipping. It was pretty obnoxious for me
http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over

Old November 26th, 2015, 11:47 AM   #23
daverdfw
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
I was hoping to find someone to go in with me on a hotbodies deal. but if not these posted look nice too.

Old November 26th, 2015, 12:09 PM   #24
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverdfw View Post
I was hoping to find someone to go in with me on a hotbodies deal. but if not these posted look nice too.
I have a local supplier I buy from. Besides; Fort Worth is a little far for me to go to pick them up! You do have a Keg Steakhouse & Bar though so I might be tempted!
I may be misunderstanding your post; did you find the 2 for 1 on the webpage? If not; scroll farther down on that page. The 2 for 1 is listed there.
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over

Old November 26th, 2015, 12:12 PM   #25
daverdfw
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
I have a local supplier I buy from. Besides; Fort Worth is a little far for me to go to pick them up! You do have a Keg Steakhouse & Bar though so I might be tempted!
I may be misunderstanding your post; did you find the 2 for 1 on the webpage? If not; scroll farther down on that page. The 2 for 1 is listed there.
I found the page for the 2 for 1. I would just want to find someone to go in half and I would ship the 2nd set to them.

Old December 10th, 2015, 04:48 AM   #26
WolFeYeZ
ninjette.org member

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250, 05 R6, 06 R6 Race

Is there a tank cover/fairing included with the race set?

Old December 10th, 2015, 07:31 AM   #27
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
No. They are aftermarket fairings, non OEM.They wll cost you $335 in total, as stated above. I will add you to the list. Please PM/email me the name and the address you want them to be delivered at. Thanks
Hey don't add me to the list. I need OEM street fairings.

Old December 13th, 2015, 07:00 PM   #28
Khan
ninjette.org member

Hi Guys. Due to the lack of orders, I am not shipping the fairings at the moment. Will try to do it in spring when the riding season is in full swing

Old December 13th, 2015, 09:46 PM   #29
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

/closed

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Closed Thread