Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:34 PM   #41
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
If you are in the process of passing a line of cars and that happens, do you slow down to get to the back of the line of cars you were in the process of passing?
Good question. I immediately move over AFTER I've passed that line of cars. If the guy behind me can't understand that, then he really is being a dick.

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:35 PM   #42
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
If you are in the process of passing a line of cars and that happens, do you slow down to get to the back of the line of cars you were in the process of passing?
If it's safe to do so yes, otherwise keep going & slot in at your first opportunity, it's not rocket science
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:35 PM   #43
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
So no one is concerned that she is more focused on what is going on behind her at 50-60 mph then what is coming ahead of her? Bitch needs to focus on her task at hand driving on the road not running video with one hand on a camera and the other on the wheel. She is more dangerous then a guy speeding.
She?

the YT poster did not crash
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 29th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #44
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiant View Post
I disagree about missing a point. Why should someone be intimidated by a bully, by letting the bully get his/her way all the time?
You're putting way too much assumption and emotion into driving basics. Someone going faster than you isn't necessarily a bully, just like someone going slower than you isn't necessarily an idiot. Since we all drive at different speeds, that would put half of us in one category, and the rest of us in the other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
You are deliberately being an obstruction to try to prove a point, that adds unnecessary risk.

Keep out of the passing lane unless you're passing & people won't try to 'bully' you out of it, it's your failure to occupy the correct position that's pissing them off.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
I see a difference between letting a bully get their way and cooperating on a roadway.

Being bullied is being forced to the shoulder as someone takes your lane from you.

Cooperating means recognizing there is a very limited space for vehicles (one or two lanes usually) and passing and being passed allows for traffic to move smoothly.
This.

Quote:
My problem on the road is how much anger there is. I see drivers get angry for me going the speed limit on a one lane double yellow road. I see drivers getting pissed when someone doesn't move out of the way when they are in a hurry (I'll admit to being both the one unintentionally blocking and the one being blocked). What I don't see is those angry drivers calming their emotions and instead reacting to the situation safely.

In the end it isn't worth the pissing contest.
This.

Quote:
Quote:
As long as the car in front is obeying the law, deal with it. If they are not obeying the law, go around or let them go.
Agreed and pretty much the bottom line.
Not this.

Point at 10 cars on the road on most freeways when traffic isn't gridlocked, and 8 of 10 of them are breaking the law. Claiming to be morally, legally, or practically correct by forcing a faster vehicle to pass on the right isn't an expression of safety or legality. It's one of cluelessness.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:39 PM   #45
rasta
Your face

I think we need spacep0d's opinion on this one

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #46
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
If the guy behind me can't understand that, then he really is being a dick.
That is the situation that gets my blood pressure up and digging for aspirin. I think it is safer to allow them to pass on the right because likely they will be diving to the right anyway.

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #47
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
I think we need spacep0d's opinion on this one
Who?

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #48
rasta
Your face

Quote:
That is the situation that gets my blood pressure up and digging for aspirin. I think it is safer to allow them to pass on the right because likely they will be diving to the right anyway.
Wait I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #49
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Relevant adviceanimal from today:

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #50
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
She?

the YT poster did not crash
Just because she did not crash does not mean she was following the rules of the road. She instigated the entire situation. If she would have minded her own damn business got to the right after the pass on the POS truck, there would have been no issue. But this issue was probably started by her 5-10 minutes before the video started. It is only a matter of time before she causes an accident which she her car is trashed.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old March 29th, 2014, 03:52 PM   #51
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
Just because she did not crash does not mean she was following the rules of the road. She instigated the entire situation. If she would have minded her own damn business got to the right after the pass on the POS truck, there would have been no issue. But this issue was probably started by her 5-10 minutes before the video started. It is only a matter of time before she causes an accident which she her car is trashed.

Old March 29th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #52
Whiskey

Quote:
Are you having a laugh?

Go back & learn the basics of roadcraft, you should not be on the road until you do & understand why you're a danger to others with your idiocy.

You've took the lane position rule & turned it on it's head. why should someone have to undertake you just because you assume that they will have to move over anyway after?

Old March 29th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #53
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Are you having a laugh?

Go back & learn the basics of roadcraft, you should not be on the road until you do & understand why you're a danger to others with your idiocy.

You've took the lane position rule & turned it on it's head. why should someone have to undertake you just because you assume that they will have to move over anyway after?
You missed my point
My 1.1 million miles of driving experience begs to differ.

I will not get into name calling but I am very disappointed with you.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old March 29th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #54
Whiskey

Quote:
You missed my point
My 1.1 million miles of driving experience begs to differ.

I will not get into name calling but I am very disappointed with you.
You a cop or something?

If so what class of idiot cuts up a cop car?

Old March 29th, 2014, 04:29 PM   #55
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
You a cop or something?

If so what class of idiot cuts up a cop car?
I am telling you and if your a cop then you need to lean this for when you are not a cop.
99.9% of the time as you pass a line of cars until there is room and then you move over. That 1000th guy that comes charging up on you while you are passing a line of cars and is dangerously tailgating you, it is safer to let them pass on the right.

Old March 29th, 2014, 04:53 PM   #56
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
I am telling you and if your a cop then you need to lean this for when you are not a cop.
99.9% of the time as you pass a line of cars until there is room and then you move over. That 1000th guy that comes charging up on you while you are passing a line of cars and is dangerously tailgating you, it is safer to let them pass on the right.
If there's enough space on the right to safely get passed, then you're not passing a line of cars. There would be enough room for you to get over.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 05:48 PM   #57
misfitsailor
Ninjette Jockey

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail, 2 Honda Monkeys, Polini & GRC mini GP

Stupid should hurt. The driver of the truck reaped what he had sown.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?.
misfitsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #58
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Thumbs down

From what is shown in the video, I think we can all agree that the man in the pickup truck was an utter nimrod, and should be grateful he didn't hurt himself or anyone else with his boneheaded maneuver.

That said, I don't think the woman driver is all that innocent in this matter. As soon as she completed her pass, she should have moved over to the right lane and let the truck driver pass. She didn't seem to be in a hurry to move over, but she had time to keep pointing the cellphone camera at the offending truck instead of devoting her attention to the roadway. Personally I think the cops should have charged her with undue care and attention.

Old March 29th, 2014, 07:22 PM   #59
Soujyu
ninjette.org sage

Name: W

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (sold), 2012 Tuono V4R

I run into people like the person in the 4WD vehicle all the time. Luckily, none of them have ended up losing control like this fellow.

If I'm behind someone traveling at the speed limit like this woman in the case of this video, I usually assume there is a valid reason for that (such as road conditions that I can't quite see, cops just ahead of the 18-wheeler, etc.). Obviously none of that was the case in this video, but I'm glad the cops put the blame on the right person.

As for the videoing, I would like to point out that video footage through our GoPro cams when we are on our bikes have been a savior for us.
Soujyu is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old March 30th, 2014, 06:25 AM   #60
Whiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujyu View Post
I run into people like the person in the 4WD vehicle all the time. Luckily, none of them have ended up losing control like this fellow.

If I'm behind someone traveling at the speed limit like this woman in the case of this video, I usually assume there is a valid reason for that (such as road conditions that I can't quite see, cops just ahead of the 18-wheeler, etc.). Obviously none of that was the case in this video, but I'm glad the cops put the blame on the right person.

As for the videoing, I would like to point out that video footage through our GoPro cams when we are on our bikes have been a savior for us.
The GoPro Is sat on the bike or your helmet, you're not swinging it around with one hand on the controls & looking at the screen to see if you're getting the shot.
She was paying no attention to the road, makes her as bad as the idiot behind her, just for a different reason

Old March 30th, 2014, 08:20 AM   #61
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
I've actually been in a situation exactly like this, the person lost control and everything, I laughed. People like that get what they deserve, maybe it will teach them a lesson. I hate bully's on the road who think they are entitled to the road, by being an aggressive schmuck and flipping you off, revving their engine, flashing their high beams, etc. Plenty of times, they have room to move over and get to where they need to go, but they'd rather be a prick about it.
Quote:
Erm, I wasn't cruising, this particular person seemed high or on drugs, actually scared me and the person came quickly right on my ass.
Quote:
There weren't a bunch of people passing, it was one person. I agree, if many people are passing you, take the hint and move over, or if you have a line of cars trailing you, etc. This wasn't the case. In the beginnging of the film, he could have passed her, but he did not. She was going the speed limit. He was the aggressor, which was validated, when he finally started to pass her, saw what she was doing with the filming, slowed down, then sped up and started flipping her off with eyes off the road. If he really wanted to pass, he wouldn't have slowed down all of a sudden, just to flip her off and speed up. He was being a douche.
Quote:
I disagree about missing a point. Why should someone be intimidated by a bully, by letting the bully get his/her way all the time?
Quote:
Agreed and pretty much the bottom line.

Aren't you the Prius driver (loser)? I bet you ride the same way you drive. If you do you are in serious trouble!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 30th, 2014, 09:24 AM   #62
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:
The GoPro Is sat on the bike or your helmet, you're not swinging it around with one hand on the controls & looking at the screen to see if you're getting the shot.
She was paying no attention to the road, makes her as bad as the idiot behind her, just for a different reason
tbh if you look at the video again, you can barely see the female driver and if you pay attention to the truck, hes the one wobbling around in the lane lol not her.

If i remember correctly she said in the comments/description she had to make a left..I dont know about you guys, but imma stay in the left lane and the person behind me is gonna have to deal with it.

Id much rather stay in the left and make my turn, then make some butthurt asshole less butthurt and then lose my turn cos i'm in the wrong lane and cant change over due to cars being next to me in the correct lane that I need to be in.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old March 30th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #63
Soujyu
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
(edited out for brevity)

If i remember correctly she said in the comments/description she had to make a left..I dont know about you guys, but imma stay in the left lane and the person behind me is gonna have to deal with it.

Id much rather stay in the left and make my turn, then make some butthurt asshole less butthurt and then lose my turn cos i'm in the wrong lane and cant change over due to cars being next to me in the correct lane that I need to be in.
I've been tempted to get these stickers and put them on my Prius...

Although the last one would require me to own a handgun (a compound bow doesn't really work in a car, despite the best efforts of Hollywood).

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:28 PM   #64
Whiskey

Quote:
tbh if you look at the video again, you can barely see the female driver and if you pay attention to the truck, hes the one wobbling around in the lane lol not her.

Would you like that stupid c*nt to be behind you when she's looking back and f*cking about with her phone?

Is ok to run into the back of someone because you want to teach an asshole behind you a lesson and don't keep your eyes on the road? It's pure dumb luck that she didn't.

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:33 PM   #65
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Would you like that stupid c*nt to be behind you when she's looking back and f*cking about with her phone?

Is ok to run into the back of someone because you want to teach an asshole behind you a lesson and don't keep your eyes on the road? It's pure dumb luck that she didn't.
Given the choice between the two, I choose the one who did not crash.

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:51 PM   #66
Soujyu
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Would you like that stupid (censorship beep) to be behind you when she's looking back and (censorship beep) about with her phone?
If we think about it in terms of physics, I rather have the woman behind me versus the 4WD monster truck with an impatient driver behind the wheel.

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:56 PM   #67
Whiskey

Quote:
Given the choice between the two, I choose the one who did not crash.
That's not what I asked.

Both were in command of >2 tons of metal, at ~60mph, in public.
Neither was in full control of their vehicle.
One spun out
The other travelled at least a mile and a half without looking where she was going, instead concentrating on the ****in phone in her hand.

Remember Ethioknight, he was killed by someone very like the stupid c*nt with the phone.

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:59 PM   #68
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
That's not what I asked.

Both were in command of >2 tons of metal, at ~60mph, in public.
Neither was in full control of their vehicle.
One spun out
The other travelled at least a mile and a half without looking where she was going, instead concentrating on the ****in phone in her hand.

Remember Ethioknight, he was killed by someone very like the stupid c*nt with the phone.
How do you know were she was looking? I do see your point and it is valid. I'm just saying.

Old March 30th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #69
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
It was not a highway. So the left lane is not a passing lane. Its also not a race track. Its a road. Grow up passing people gets you to the next red light. You don't save any time speeding around. You just kill people
She should have stopped playing with her phone. He should have just acted like a gentleman. Both of these ass hats and half the comments on this thread are what get people killed. No one owns the road. Of someone is in front of you get over it. This is why I hate people that drive.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old March 30th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #70
Whiskey

Quote:
How do you know were she was looking? I do see your point and it is valid. I'm just saying.
That she kept the truck in frame, try keeping a moving target in frame from another moving vehicle without looking at the screen. no way was she paying attention to what's going on in front of her.

Old March 30th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #71
Whiskey

Quote:
If we think about it in terms of physics, I rather have the woman behind me versus the 4WD monster truck with an impatient driver behind the wheel.
she appears to be in a large SUV, travelling at 60 or so mph, looking to her rear for about a mile and a half. If you have to slow down for any reason you're a speed bump before she realises you've braked.

Old March 30th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #72
JELY1990
Boring is my middle name.

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Before she edited the description this latest time, she clearly stated she had to make a left turn in less than a mile. So then, why would she get over if she has to make a turn?
Passing lane
JELY1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #73
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JELY1990 View Post
Passing lane
suffice street (aka not the freeway) = not a passing lane

Old March 30th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #74
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
I've been tempted to get these stickers and put them on my Prius...

Although the last one would require me to own a handgun (a compound bow doesn't really work in a car, despite the best efforts of Hollywood).
There is nothing on the road worse than a moron in a Prius, but you know that because everyone is always telling you. You just don't understand why!

I wish I had a bumper sticker than read," I'm running you off the road because you're a douchebag".

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old March 30th, 2014, 01:43 PM   #75
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
There is nothing on the road worse than a moron in a Prius, but you know that because everyone is always telling you. You just don't understand why!

I wish I had a bumper sticker than read," I'm running you off the road because you're a douchebag".
I'll buy you (CC) soap on a rope. If you more then just talk.

Old March 30th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #76
Soujyu
ninjette.org sage

(edited out, I had to have something explained to me)

Old March 30th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #77
Whiskey

Quote:
That she kept the truck in frame, try keeping a moving target in frame from another moving vehicle without looking at the screen. no way was she paying attention to what's going on in front of her.
To whoever downvoted this I've a little experiment for you:

Pick up your phone & start recording video over your shoulder, concentrate fully on something else, and see if you hold it steady for over 90 seconds.

Does the video wander about? Now try it while looking at the screen. better or worse?

She barely twitched despite going over what sounds like rough surface at one point, that says her concentration was on the phone in her hand not on the road in front of her. Best case scenario she was watching the screen in the rear view & using that to hold it steady, but that's still careless driving.

Old March 30th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #78
Skullz
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ray

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

It's done and over, why keep trying to make a point that only concerns you?
Both were wrong and one payed the price for his ignorance and stupidity, use it for what it's worth and try not to repeat what they have done.
Skullz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2014, 08:01 PM   #79
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:

sure what the girl did was kinda dumb. but it's really not hard to simply hold up ur phone in 1 hand and point it backwards. Phone could have had a front facing camera, if thats the case what shes doing is no more distracting than looking up in ur rear view at those speeds.

Id prefer that chick than some derp redneck in a truck angry for no apparent reason. And thats coming from a guy who constantly flips off everyone i see whose doing something other than driving, while on the road.

Should calm down though. She wasnt the one driving recklessly, she wasnt sticking her body out of the window to try and intimidate someone, she also wasnt speeding/slowing down for no apparent reason, just to change lanes drastically to the point of losing control of the vehicle lol.

If we're going to take what she was doing that seriously then we should not ever have any passengers or little children in the car as its obviously too dangerous and distracting. Wanna adjust ur rearview while driving? Let's not. you might flip your car. Mmkay
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2014, 01:00 AM   #80
Whiskey

Quote:
sure what the girl did was kinda dumb. but it's really not hard to simply hold up ur phone in 1 hand and point it backwards. Phone could have had a front facing camera, if thats the case what shes doing is no more distracting than looking up in ur rear view at those speeds.

Id prefer that chick than some derp redneck in a truck angry for no apparent reason. And thats coming from a guy who constantly flips off everyone i see whose doing something other than driving, while on the road.

Should calm down though. She wasnt the one driving recklessly, she wasnt sticking her body out of the window to try and intimidate someone, she also wasnt speeding/slowing down for no apparent reason, just to change lanes drastically to the point of losing control of the vehicle lol.

If we're going to take what she was doing that seriously then we should not ever have any passengers or little children in the car as its obviously too dangerous and distracting. Wanna adjust ur rearview while driving? Let's not. you might flip your car. Mmkay
Both were driving recklessly and the amount of people defending her idiocy surprises me.

Big difference between checking your rear view & driving a mile and a half looking at it, and I've never been so distracted by passengers that I've done a minute and a half without looking at the road while doing 60.

How many on here would defend someone who drives drunk? That stupid c*nt was just as dangerous.