ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 13th, 2014, 08:41 AM   #1
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

Wanna see how fast you are ?

With some experience we all expect to go thru bigger turns with much bigger bikes and at least maintain our distance...on the street.....and even whip they' butts on the itty bitty country lanes.
Often, I've felt i was coming near the edge on the fast sweepers we all pray for. And i was, but coming near my edge and not the bikes.
This was hammered home to me a few weeks back. I got behind a forum member....same bike...300 w/ pipe and followed him on a short route and as we went along, at a bit more than my limit, his bike wasn't tilting all that much.....and he was easily pulling way away on every turn.
My pipe's mo' better than his so I was actually gaining on the stratghts
( never had that happen before, thanks Area P) but he was easily faster in each turn and his knees were still obscured by his fat ass ( just joking).
He was NOT riding hard. But I sure was.
Watching vids just doesnt show what the track riders do or what the ninjettes can do vs what we do on street. The member is not a track day rider but a long time MX'er.
It's fun and easy to make believe when you're on Route 9 alone but not so easy (yet still fun) when you're behind someone who's put more time and effort and money into the hobby, sport, addiction that I have.
Depending on what your reality is, seeing another 300, or 250's plates disappearing in the distance can improve your vision.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old September 13th, 2014, 09:58 AM   #2
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Had similar experience @ the dragon last yr.
Don't know who it was exactly, but he took a 250 (not his) and made that thing look like it was on rails. I was too far back in line to see his BP...I just know he was passing 600's.
At times I wish I had his skill, then when I try to push myself (knowing I'm no where close to him) I just not willing to push harder on streets.
I'm desperately awaiting the track 10 miles from my house to re-open!
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2014, 11:22 AM   #3
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

After reading this board for a few years now I understand that the skills dont come easy nor cheap....while street riding does. A week or so back CSSmith featured a letter written by a racer....followed the links and saw that he was like 12 years old or something. I got to confess I dont understand exactly why the racers do what they do. But, like I said...I dont understand it. Back in 80's I did some ballroom competition and it was EXACTLY like racing....thousands of dollars, hundred of hours, hundreds of miles to the event and you never knew who you were competing with. The floor could've been wood, concrete, good sound, crappy sound, judges...WTF...judges! Coulda been a tune you could get into or something you hated but you still had to do the moves.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2014, 11:43 AM   #4
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
Had similar experience @ the dragon last yr.
Don't know who it was exactly, but he took a 250 (not his) and made that thing look like it was on rails. I was too far back in line to see his BP...I just know he was passing 600's.
At times I wish I had his skill, then when I try to push myself (knowing I'm no where close to him) I just not willing to push harder on streets.
I'm desperately awaiting the track 10 miles from my house to re-open!
There is one thing though, there is a massive difference between having the skill to do something like that and knowing when and where to use it