ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old April 15th, 2014, 07:40 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - 660 Jawa comes to UK

CZECH manufacturer Jawa has broken away from its utilitarian two-stroke roots with this single-cylinder 660, which has gone on sale in the UK for £6,745.

The 660 Sportard uses an engine from Italian firm Minarelli, part of the Yamaha Motor Group.

With Jawa not inclined to buffet on the winds of bureaucracy, the liquid-cooled 660cc four-stroke makes 49hp - one too many for the A2 motorcycle licence introduced for new riders last year.

According to Jawa the bike's name is a combination of 'sports' and 'motard'. F2 Motorcycles, Jawa's UK importer, says it doesn't just represent a new direction for the former Eastern Bloc manufacturer but 'invents a whole new category of motorcycle'.

We're not ones to cast doubt on such claims, but really?

Related Content

To The Crusher - Yamaha SZR660
Byways - Get'on'em
Yamaha XT660Z Tenere first ride review
I've got my XT, so where's the snow?
Scotland the Brave: Mackenzie V Four bikes V Scottish roads

Click here for full story...