ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old March 31st, 2009, 07:06 PM   #1
Ninja007
忍者

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): None Now - Used to have an '08 Ninja 250R Candy Blue

Smoked Turn Signals

hey everyone,
I just wanted to post my latest mod along with some pics. I smoked my front and rear turn signals using Tamiya X-19 smoke acrylic paint. I got it online for pretty cheap, here is a link: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/27791

since it's an acrylic paint, I was just able to paint it on with a paint brush. I put 2 coats on to achieve this darkness, but if you wanted to go darker you could just continue to add more coats. overall pretty satisfied. I think it goes nice with the smoked windcreen and smoke headlight film.

p.s.> just want some people's opinions cuz I am hesitant to try it....should I smoke the rear light or should I just leave it alone? I'm split in two on this one and want to know what others think. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 332289.jpg (11.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2178.jpg (96.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2180.jpg (66.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2177.jpg (87.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2185.jpg (67.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1907.jpg (98.2 KB, 11 views)
Ninja007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Justanothermp5
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

not diggin the front turn signals man...they look too big lol

but u know they sell a spray thats easier to put on, called nightshades, this looks like exactly the same thing though
looks pretty nice

i didnt tint my side markers cuz i already wrecked my bike once and i want to make sure everybody on the road to sees me lol
Justanothermp5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2009, 07:49 PM   #3
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

looks good. as far as the tail light i would go no darker than 2 coats. make everything match.
c_anglada is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2009, 07:58 PM   #4
Ninja007
忍者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanothermp5 View Post
not diggin the front turn signals man...they look too big lol

but u know they sell a spray thats easier to put on, called nightshades, this looks like exactly the same thing though
looks pretty nice

i didnt tint my side markers cuz i already wrecked my bike once and i want to make sure everybody on the road to sees me lol
yeah, I've heard about niteshades and it looks like good stuff. but the area I wanted to smoke was so small I thought it would be a PITA to have to tape off and cover up the rest of the motorcycle just so I could smoke the turn signals. so I found some acrylic smoke that I could just paint on. and about the turn signals....yeah...some people don't like 'em, some people do. when I bought them I thought they would be more "flush" then they actually are. oh well...they are more flush than the stockers, so it's an improvement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_anglada View Post
looks good. as far as the tail light i would go no darker than 2 coats. make everything match.
yeah, I was thinking the same thing, I still just don't know...I'll see what a few other people think. thanks for the input!

Old March 31st, 2009, 08:00 PM   #5
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

Im guessing that the smoke paint makes the turn signals and headlight not as bright, right? By how much would you say?
M-Oorb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2009, 08:10 PM   #6
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oorb View Post
Im guessing that the smoke paint makes the turn signals and headlight not as bright, right? By how much would you say?
depends on how dark the tint is but based off the pics it would be like having some dirt build up on the light during day time, at night you should have no prob seeing the lights.

Old March 31st, 2009, 08:13 PM   #7
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

possible pics? I mean i think it looks really sweet but I see these various lights as literaly keeping me alive on the road. If you could show some day and night pics thatd be great

Old March 31st, 2009, 08:26 PM   #8
Ninja007
忍者

Quote:
possible pics? I mean i think it looks really sweet but I see these various lights as literaly keeping me alive on the road. If you could show some day and night pics thatd be great
can do man. in fact I just went into my garage and tested it out because I was worried about visibility as well. It's dark in my garage and you can hardly notice the difference. I'll get some daytime and nighttime pics for you though, hopefully tomorrow.

Old March 31st, 2009, 09:23 PM   #9
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Shibby . Also where did you get the tint for the headlight housing? Would like some pics of that too .

Old March 31st, 2009, 10:22 PM   #10
Ninja007
忍者

looks like my little ninjette will be having a photoshoot in the next day or 2. I got the tint for the headlight from lamin-x and here is the link: http://www.lamin-x.com/Kawasaki-250-...rs-p/kw013.htm

I got the "tint" color and it's plenty dark for me. I hope to get those pics for you tomorrow, but forecast is calling for rain. cross you fingers!

Old April 1st, 2009, 03:03 AM   #11
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

I thought you had already tinted the headlight in that picture because it sure is looking good - maybe its just the blue that makes the bike soooooo sexy! Can't wait for the updated pictures.

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2009, 05:28 AM   #12
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

I beleive he already does have the headlight tinted in those pictures...hes just taking pictures of the entire thing so we can see the affect that the tinting had on the visability of the lighting

Old April 1st, 2009, 07:39 AM   #13
Ninja007
忍者

Quote:
I beleive he already does have the headlight tinted in those pictures...hes just taking pictures of the entire thing so we can see the affect that the tinting had on the visability of the lighting
correct. looking sunny today fellas, so it looks like I'll be able to get some pics.

Old April 1st, 2009, 05:31 PM   #14
Ninja007
忍者

hey guys,
well, I got some daytime pics/video for ya, no night time ones yet. hope this is what you guys were looking for. The front signal isn't as bright as I hoped it would be, but the rear is pretty good. I think I'll be okay as far as visibility to other people on the road, or at least I hope so! the headlight smoke film really doesn't effect the brightness of the headlight at all. I mean, it does a little bit, but not noticeable. hope this helps you guys. let me know if you want any more pics or have questions, I'll be happy to help.

and here's the video link (youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki6jOuld--U
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2198.jpg (129.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2199.jpg (92.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2200.jpg (82.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2202.jpg (92.7 KB, 10 views)

Old April 1st, 2009, 07:46 PM   #15
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

I think the issue with those front ones are the lights themselves arent as good as stock. I had bought those(ebay right) plugged them in to see how they worked. Long story short they werent as bright as stock so I didnt install them(mainly for other reasons though). I dont wanna be a pain but could you possibly do a vid of the back lights? I really like the way it looks and if its not bad I might wanna do this

Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:02 AM   #16
Ninja007
忍者

Quote:
I think the issue with those front ones are the lights themselves arent as good as stock. I had bought those(ebay right) plugged them in to see how they worked. Long story short they werent as bright as stock so I didnt install them(mainly for other reasons though). I dont wanna be a pain but could you possibly do a vid of the back lights? I really like the way it looks and if its not bad I might wanna do this
yeah, I think you are right, the light is just not bright enough. meh. I'll be fine. Also, I have not smoked the tail light yet, I was still wondering if I should do so or not. If I do, I could for sure get a video of that to show brightness/visibility. what do you think? should I smoke it?

Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:35 AM   #17
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Haha I was talking about a video of the rear turn signals in action...like you have the vid of the front ones. As for the break light...id say leave it as is. I like the red...nice contrast with the blue and the smoke...and you most DEFINITELY want your brake light as visable as possible.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM   #18
Ninja007
忍者

Quote:
Haha I was talking about a video of the rear turn signals in action...like you have the vid of the front ones. As for the break light...id say leave it as is. I like the red...nice contrast with the blue and the smoke...and you most DEFINITELY want your brake light as visable as possible.
yeah, no prob. it's kinda rainy today, but I'll get it asap (in the next day or two i am guessing). and yes, you DO want the rear brake as visible as possible! I'll post it up as soon as I get it!

Old April 2nd, 2009, 06:47 PM   #19
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

at night your front signals should be fine. if you can get a video at night that would be great. i say do the tail light no darker than the rear signals. i might end up doing this myself.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:09 PM   #20
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Yea at night should be fine...but dont forget about the day time!! But I guess if someone was that worried...you still got hand signals

Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:49 AM   #21
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Wait a minute! I thought clear lenses were cool.... all the rice burners changed out their lights for clear... are you saying they have to be colored now?
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 3rd, 2009, 07:58 AM   #22
Ninja007
忍者

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
Wait a minute! I thought clear lenses were cool.... all the rice burners changed out their lights for clear... are you saying they have to be colored now?
I guess I'm not a rice burner than! clear lenses are cool, if you like them like that. smoked lenses are also cool, if you like them like that. to each his own I say.

yeah, I can get that video for you guys at night. I'm still wrestling with myself about wheather I want to smoke the rear brake light or not...I wish someone else had done this mod and so I'm not the guinea pig on this! oh well, I'll make up my mind soon and get that video for you guys. sorry it's taking me a while, school is pretty busy right now. i'd rather be doing this

Old April 3rd, 2009, 05:53 PM   #23
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
you know the new fast and furious movie comes out today. you can always watch that movie to get the latest trends if your trying to be cool

Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM   #24
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

And to learn supa fly street racin' drift moves in your RWD Evo. Wat wat
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #25
Ninja007
忍者

though a little late, but as promised, the night time video of the smoked turn signals/ head light. hope this is what ya'll was looking for. enjoy.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old April 6th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #26
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Looks good...still nice and bright. And not "ricer" as everyone else is making references to them being. I think they look pretty darn good

Old April 6th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #27
Ninja007
忍者

Quote:
Looks good...still nice and bright. And not "ricer" as everyone else is making references to them being. I think they look pretty darn good
thank you! I think they look good too. I have the blue ninja and there was a lot of black on there just as stock. so I wanted to have a sorta blue/black/dark theme to the bike and this is just one of the little steps to do that!

Old April 6th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #28
Jiu Jitsu Player
Live 2 Ride Forced 2 Work

Motorcycle(s): 2008 RED 250r

Jake-
Are your headlight bulbs stock? Also, how is the headlight brightness without the brights on?

www.7milesdown.com
Jiu Jitsu Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2009, 11:36 PM   #29
Ninja007
忍者

hey Chris ~ negative, my head lights are not stock. the bulbs I have in there are the IPF Super Low Beam Hyper White 5000K bulbs, though I'm looking to upgrade this summer to true HID. I don't really know what it looks like with just the low beams on, I always ride with both high and low beams on!

Old April 7th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #30
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

so ninja007 i take it your not going to smoke the tail light?? thanks for making and posting the vids. i like the way it looks and will add to my to do list.

Old April 7th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #31
Jiu Jitsu Player
Live 2 Ride Forced 2 Work

Motorcycle(s): 2008 RED 250r

The bike looks killer with the tints. Looks like another mod just got added to my already full list! I'll probably hold off until I can upgrade the bulbs first though. Nice job!

www.7milesdown.com
Jiu Jitsu Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #32
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Personally...I think imma wait to get the clearalternatives then smoke those out since it"ll be clear instead of red...sicknesssss

Old April 7th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #33
Ninja007
忍者

yeah, I didn't smoke the back...I dunno, kinda like the red. Also, just like M-Oorb, I'm waiting for clear alternatives on the integrated taillights. they are taking for freaking ever to pump those out...'08+ 250's have been out going on a year and a half now....come on!