ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old April 21st, 2024, 03:43 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - British Superbike: Race Two Results From Navarra

More, from a press release issued by MotorSport Vision Racing (MSVR): Vickers overcomes late last lap drama to double up in historic Bennetts BSB opener The opening […]

The post British Superbike: Race Two Results From Navarra appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

BSB R2
BSB Points after R2

More, from a press release issued by MotorSport Vision Racing (MSVR):

Vickers overcomes late last lap drama to double up in historic Bennetts BSB opener

The opening round of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship at Circuito de Navarra was a weekend of momentous firsts as Ryan Vickers claimed a debut double victory to stamp his authority on the first visit to the circuit in Northern Spain.

In the opening race of the day, the OMG GRILLA Yamaha Racing rider had been embroiled in an early five-way freight train including his teammate Kyle Ryde, Danny Kent on the McAMS Racing Yamaha, Hager PBM Ducati’s Glenn Irwin and Rory Skinner for the Cheshire Mouldings BMW Motorrad team.

Vickers made a brave move on his teammate Ryde at turn one, the fastest corner on the calendar, with three laps to go and then pulled the pin to break away with a margin of 1.364s at the chequered flag to take the first ever Bennetts BSB victory at the Spanish circuit. Ryde held off Kent for second with Irwin and Skinner maintaining their positions inside the top five.

Vickers had his sights firmly set on a repeat performance in race two and he managed to deliver a first double win after overcoming a huge last lap moment at the final corner, crossing the line 0.277s ahead of Kent and Ryde.

At the start of race two, Ryde had launched to the front from Kent and Vickers, but by the fifth lap, the McAMS Racing Yamaha rider had made a decisive move into turn one to take the lead.

Kent was able to hold off his rivals until lap nine when Vickers stormed back ahead and despite Kent and Ryde pushing him hard, the OMG GRILLA Yamaha Racing rider was determined and maintained his advantage to lead the standings ahead of Oulton Park.

His Yamaha rivals Kent and Ryde completed the podium line-up, the first time that Kent has scored a double podium finish.

Reigning champion Tommy Bridewell scored a seventh place in the opening race as he got his title defence underway with Honda Racing UK, but it was disappointment in race two when he was forced to retire from the podium fight on the ninth lap. The Honda Racing UK rider had carved his way through to third from his row three start, proving his pace on the new Fireblade.

Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Circuito de Navarra, Race 1 result:
  1. Ryan Vickers (OMG GRILLA Racing Yamaha)
  2. Kyle Ryde (OMG GRILLA Racing Yamaha) +1.364s
  3. Danny Kent (McAMS Racing Yamaha) +2.152s
  4. Glenn Irwin (Hager PBM Ducati) +6.459s
  5. Rory Skinner (Cheshire Mouldings BMW Motorrad) +9.792s
  6. Christian Iddon (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +14.599s
  7. Max Cook (Completely Motorbikes Kawasaki) +14.658s
  8. Tommy Bridewell (Honda Racing UK) +14.822s
  9. Charlie Nesbitt (MasterMac Honda) +14.927s
  10. Jason O’Halloran (Completely Motorbikes Kawasaki) +15.395s
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Circuito de Navarra, Race 2 result:
  1. Ryan Vickers (OMG GRILLA Racing Yamaha)
  2. Danny Kent (McAMS Racing Yamaha) +0.277s
  3. Kyle Ryde (OMG GRILLA Racing Yamaha) +1.177s
  4. Leon Haslam (ROKiT Haslam Racing BMW Motorrad) +8.468s
  5. Christian Iddon (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +9.894s
  6. Jason O’Halloran (Completely Motorbikes Kawasaki) +11.848s
  7. Max Cook (Completely Motorbikes Kawasaki) +11.920s
  8. Glenn Irwin (Hager PBM Ducati) +13.794s
  9. Charlie Nesbitt (MasterMac Honda) +15.631s
  10. Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW Motorrad) +15.860s
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings:
  1. Ryan Vickers (OMG GRILLA Racing Yamaha) 36
  2. Danny Kent (McAMS Racing Yamaha) 30
  3. Kyle Ryde (OMG GRILLA Racing Yamaha) 30
  4. Christian Iddon (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) 21
  5. Glenn Irwin (Hager PBM Ducati) 20
  6. Leon Haslam (ROKiT Haslam Racing BMW Motorrad) 17
  7. Max Cook (Completely Motorbikes Kawasaki) 17
  8. Jason O’Halloran (Completely Motorbikes Kawasaki) 16
  9. Charlie Nesbitt (MasterMac Honda) 14
  10. Rory Skinner (Cheshire Mouldings BMW Motorrad) 11
For more information on the Bennetts British Superbike Championship visit www.britishsuperbike.com

Ryan Vickers

OMG GRILLA Racing Yamaha

“What a day! I’ve gone from having no dry wins to having two in a day! The bike felt so good in race one and we decided to keep it the same for race two, which paid off. When I was behind Danny in the first race I knew that I couldn’t let him pass Kyle first in case he got away, so I wanted to get by as quick as I could, which is what we did and managed to get the win.

“The second race was more of the same. Made a good start and got to the front but on the last lap my pit board said +0, so I kept pushing on the last lap and defended the last corner. I went in tighter but at the same pace and lost the front but thankfully it popped back which was the main thing.

“I had a few glances behind but Danny wasn’t close enough thankfully to steal the win from us. Huge thanks to the OMG GRILLA Yamaha team, as it’s a huge credit to them for giving me that little bit extra this weekend.”

The post British Superbike: Race Two Results From Navarra appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.