ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old December 12th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #1
brian997
Master of the ZZR

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki 250 ZZR

Motorcyclist exacts revenge on road rage driver.

This is a good story for everyone to live vicariously through me. Its kind of long, but I wanted to give all the details.

Preamble:
I am driving by the local university, about 4pm (when the disgruntled secretaries and support workers get released). I am approaching a set of lights, leading away from the school, and slow down for the yellow light. A silver car approaches quickly from behind (whom I had noticed earlier was weaving between cars. The driver barely stops behind me, after I gave a few quick flashes of the brake light. The driver then continues to creep up on my bike whilst stopped at the light, coming so close that the front bumper was less than a foot from my rear tire. The light when green and I accelerated quickly, leaving the car in my proverbial dust. We continue on down the road, with me 'leading the pack' of traffic. I am travelling slightly above the speed limit, when the aforementioned driver flies past me on my left (on a 5 lane road, two lanes each direction, one centre turning lane). I was already in the right hand tire track of the left lane, so yes this driver passed me on a solid line. We approached the next intersection, and I came up behind this driver and approached on the passenger side window. I flipped up my visor and gave three good bangs on her (yes, female driver :P) window with my carbon fibre gloves (lucky I didn't break the glass!). She looks at me with a look of utter digust and mouths 'What the *$&%'. I banged on her window again, but she just looked forward, then sped through the red light! Granted it was about to turn green, but still. I was then determined to make this driver aware that her actions endangered more than just her own life. I followed this driver for 35mi, in circles, tight turns, u-turns, parking lots, the whole nine yards. I finally decided to back off a bit to make her think she lost me. By this time I already had her license plate and parking permit number memorized. She finally came to rest in a pharmacy parking lot, two towns over. She scrambled out of her car when she saw me pull into the same lot, and ran into the store. I parked far enough away from her car that she couldn't see my plate (she had never been behind me yet since I started following her). I then got off my bike, grabbed my camera and snapped a bunch of photos of her car, and through the store window, I got a good picture of her talking to the clerk. I realized that she had phoned the police (or rather got the clerk to do it), so I made haste and left. I got some gas down the street, then parked in a nearby school, where I could see the pharmacy. I waited a few minutes and then she left. I followed her for a bit, but lost her in the traffic. I then headed back home...

Planning:
I knew I had scared the ever living **** out of this woman. She was practically shaking in the pharmacy, especially when I approached the store, wearing full gear and a tinted visor, and then snapped a photo of her. I knew though that more needed to be done to 'teach' her a lesson.
So the next day I called campus security from a pay phone, and explained that I accidently knicked the door of a car, but didn't have time to report it. I gave him the permit number and license plate number, and asked if he could tell me where the driver's office was so I could go and see them about the incident. He understood and gave me her office number and her name! I then used the whitepages of the phonebook to look for her name, and sure enough I found two entries. I called the first one up right away (obviously if there was an answer, then it was the wrong house). And sure enough a deep black voice ansered. I asked for the lady and he said I had the wrong number! Perfect I said to myself, I now knew where this crazy bitch lived.

The Revenge:
Me and a friend of mine visited her house late on a sunday night, where I left this computer printed note under her windsheild wiper.

To Whom it May Concern,
I am calling to your attention an incident which occured on _____. You nearly killed me by illegally passing me. I attempted to stop you to inform you of your misdeed, but you merely flipped me off and then proceeded to drive through a red light. Your disrespect for other motorists and the law has now caught up with you. Consider this for your karma."

We then proceeded to let all the air out of her tires. We did not want to vandalize the vehicle, however. Although this would have made for a lot of fun!
brian997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 12th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #2
ScraitT
Green!

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 04 Honda CRF230F, 94 Honda XR80R

Somewhat funny story, and it is nice to see someone get what they deserve on occasion, but be careful with stuff like that.

She could at once point easily have been scared enough with you following her for such a long distance that she felt endangered, especially after you were banging on her window. You never know who has a gun in their car, how bad of a day they are having, and how much the feel threatened.

What would have happened in a slightly different scenario? Say she pulled in that parking lot, and as she gets out of the car and sees you pull in, rather then sunning in the store, she jumps back in her car. You then would have obviously tried walking up to her window to yell at her, and what if she had pulled a gun out of her purse?

She probably deserved what came, BUT, I think you went overboard to the point of potentially putting yourself at risk.

I have read stories similar where a motorcyclist has followed someone, and at one point the person felt so threatened that they threw the car in reverse, ran over the rider and killed him.

Just saying to be careful, there's a lot of screwed up people out there.

Old December 12th, 2008, 10:40 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

If you chase after every car that does something stupid, you'll never have time to get where you wanted to go in the first place. 360-degree awareness is key to keeping yourself safe, and quickly put any erratic motorists nearby either in front, behind, or way to the side of you. To accomplish this, I expect you'll learn it's easier to move yourself than to try and get them to move. Glad you were able to avoid her.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 12th, 2008, 11:19 PM   #4
brian997
Master of the ZZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraitT View Post
Somewhat funny story, and it is nice to see someone get what they deserve on occasion, but be careful with stuff like that.

She could at once point easily have been scared enough with you following her for such a long distance that she felt endangered, especially after you were banging on her window. You never know who has a gun in their car, how bad of a day they are having, and how much the feel threatened.

What would have happened in a slightly different scenario? Say she pulled in that parking lot, and as she gets out of the car and sees you pull in, rather then sunning in the store, she jumps back in her car. You then would have obviously tried walking up to her window to yell at her, and what if she had pulled a gun out of her purse?

She probably deserved what came, BUT, I think you went overboard to the point of potentially putting yourself at risk.

I have read stories similar where a motorcyclist has followed someone, and at one point the person felt so threatened that they threw the car in reverse, ran over the rider and killed him.

Just saying to be careful, there's a lot of screwed up people out there.
Luckily I live in Canada so I really don't have to worry about someone pulling a firearm on me. But I see your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
If you chase after every car that does something stupid, you'll never have time to get where you wanted to go in the first place. 360-degree awareness is key to keeping yourself safe, and quickly put any erratic motorists nearby either in front, behind, or way to the side of you. To accomplish this, I expect you'll learn it's easier to move yourself than to try and get them to move. Glad you were able to avoid her.
Very sound advice. I was in for a pleasure ride, so I didn't mind following her. BTW for readability, I made it a little more suspenseful that it really was :P

Old December 13th, 2008, 12:42 AM   #5
zartan
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Geez I think that was nuts , the whole enchilada. Sometimes Grasshopper the least path of resistance is the way to go. You never know if someone who saw the whole thing and knew her got your information and then yada yada yada. I really do not think you can teach inconsiderate people like that a lesson. Also going to her house is kinda creepy. enough said. Unfortunately you will be the one who looks bad to the police. Not fair but true. Just because firearms are illegal doesn't mean someone doesn't own one. Be careful out there.

Old December 13th, 2008, 07:39 AM   #6
g21-30

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

Be careful

In different jurisdictions, letting the air out of tires is considered to be one of the following:

1. Vandalism
2. Destruction of Property
3. Vehicle Tampering

Secondly, by lying to get her information from campus security and sending the note, you now border on a charge of stalking. Your actions of following her to the store and taking her picture would just confirm the stalking charge.

Now, for the good part, I know exactly how you feel and in my younger days would have done the same thing (and did). What you might consider the next time something like this happens is to phone the non-emergency police number and give a description of the car, along with license plate, etc. Tell officer exactly what happened and give your real name and phone number. Don't falsify any of the info, as filing a false police report is even worse!

I will bet you won't be the first to call about this person.

Good Luck
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #7
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

I like the banging on the window to talk to the bitch....... Dont know so much about letting the air out of her tires after all the research. I would love to shoot some people in the head, but I reframe from it.
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM   #8
brian997
Master of the ZZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
I like the banging on the window to talk to the bitch....... Dont know so much about letting the air out of her tires after all the research. I would love to shoot some people in the head, but I reframe from it.
well I had to do something... just a note left on the windshiled wouldn't have made much of an impact...

Old December 13th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #9
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian997 View Post
well I had to do something... just a note left on the windshiled wouldn't have made much of an impact...
but what is she going to do the next time she sees you riding?
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #10
brian997
Master of the ZZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
but what is she going to do the next time she sees you riding?
probably nothing haha :P I did this over the process of about 2-3 months, so now that its winter, she probably won't even remember me...

Old December 13th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #11
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I think you went a little to far... You knew where she worked already. It would have had the same effect....I am sorry but you stalked her. She does know what your bike looks like, reguardless. She knows what your gear looks like, the clerk does too...

I know how it feels to feel endangered on the roads and what naught, certainly felt the need to tell someone to back off etc... But still... I think you went a bit to far. Following her for so long... I would have had my cell out long before that store came into sight. you are lucky.

Old December 13th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #12
zartan

2-3 months, wow, now that's object fixation. always look past the turn

Old December 15th, 2008, 09:58 AM   #13
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

We all hate being endangered by other motorists but you may have gone a bit too far with this one.

Kind of reminds me of something my friend would do.

Let me share one of his stories

Car flies through a stop sign almost taking him out. At the next light he pulls up beside her and here is the exchange:

Him: Didn't you see that stop sign?
Her: Which one?
Him: The one you drove through, and nearly hit me!
Her: I'm sorry, I'm not from around here.
Him: Oh, there aren't any stop signs where you come from?

I laughed haha

He also kicked the side of a car which was coming into his lane when he was pinned against the wall.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #14
Artood2s
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Arturo

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R (The fast color)

A fun read, but a little extreme I think. I like to believe that A-holes will always get their due. If not in this life, then the next. I TRY not to wish ill upon others, but I won't feel sorry for those that reap what they sow.
Artood2s is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2008, 10:40 AM   #15
workdaddy
WORKDADDY

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 2fitty

WOW.. so most would agree that there could have been a firearm in the car? Tell ya.. That is the scariest about it (here in the states) My line of work I can guarantee there are more firearms in cars than we would realize. Hell thats why I have mine always... To/From work at home, anywhere.
Great story, but to me it ain't worth the risk that would follow... IMO
workdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2008, 12:24 PM   #16
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

I understand that the story got spiced up a little bit, but still... The thing to remember about karma is that you are not in charge of it, just your own actions.

Another "what if" to keep in mind: What if her Daddy's the sheriff (or police chief, or whatever)? Then you're wrong and she's right. It wouldn't matter what you did or did not do, it would matter what she said you did. Then you might be spending time in jail, until Daddy decided that you'd learned your lesson.

There are a lot of spoiled brats out there that have achieved their title with the help of a full sponsorship. It's far easier to just stay far away from them.

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #17
brian997
Master of the ZZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by workdaddy View Post
WOW.. so most would agree that there could have been a firearm in the car? Tell ya.. That is the scariest about it (here in the states) My line of work I can guarantee there are more firearms in cars than we would realize. Hell thats why I have mine always... To/From work at home, anywhere.
Great story, but to me it ain't worth the risk that would follow... IMO
Haha no. That would be nearly impossible for us. I'm sure you realized that I'm from Canada... Definitely not anything I would need to be worried about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohnson21 View Post
Another "what if" to keep in mind: What if her Daddy's the sheriff (or police chief, or whatever)? Then you're wrong and she's right. It wouldn't matter what you did or did not do, it would matter what she said you did. Then you might be spending time in jail, until Daddy decided that you'd learned your lesson.
Also, highly unlikely to happen. Even if her Dad, husband or whatever was on the police force, he would have needed to witness it to be able to do anything about it. I know quite a few officers very well, and even when stuff happens to them, they still have to call the police like the rest of us. They can't file their own reports... Its not at all like small town sheriffs. We have provincial police, no municipal police. Think of it like only having statees and no local cops.

Old December 17th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #18
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Name: Cochese

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

You get your ass tossed in jail yet, eh?

Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #19
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
You get your ass tossed in jail yet, eh?

kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #20
Cochese
The Grand Royal

I was quite critical in his thread on this over at KF.

I figured I'll default to humor here.

Old December 17th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #21
kkim

Quote:

oh, okay then... carry on.

BTW, check out the smileys here... I think you'll put them to good use.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #22
brian997
Master of the ZZR

Quote:

Good idea I don't want to bring any hostility to these boards, but if you ever insult my country again, you'll have bigger issues than my driving.
'nuff said. End of discussion.

Old December 17th, 2008, 07:45 PM   #23
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Quote:
Good idea I don't want to bring any hostility to these boards, but if you ever insult my country again, you'll have bigger issues than my driving.
Who is being hostile?

...and who the hell has a problem with Canada here? Not me!

I wouldn't mind moving up there when this country hits the shits thanks to the Dems.

Old December 17th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #24
KJohnson21

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:

Didn't realize it was in KF too. Your responses have been one of the few things that are entertaining about this post in both forums.

It's definately interesting to see the average mindsets of the two forums.

Old December 17th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #25
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Quote:
Didn't realize it was in KF too. Your responses have been one of the few things that are entertaining about this post in both forums.

It's definately interesting to see the average mindsets of the two forums.
This site is a bit more adult, which I like.

I'm all about having a good time, and all about teaching people a lesson when required.

However, there are smarter ways to do it. I'd rather not end up in jail because some snatch doesn't know how to ride. Owning and riding a motorcycle requires that 'ol head on a swivel, but it also requires you keep your ego on a shelf.

I see these lessons taught over and over to folks everyday in my line of work.

I'd just rather see Brian having fun on two wheels as opposed to getting tossed in the joint or worse yet, getting shot by a Canadian gun owner.

Old December 17th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #26
KJohnson21

Quote:
Yeah, whenever brian says something like, "we don't have any problems like that up here in the great white north", he's not trying to insult anyone else at all.

There are two things that I keep thinking about for this post:

Spoiled brats come all shapes and sizes.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Old December 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #27
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Quote:
Yeah, whenever brian says something like, "we don't have any problems like that up here in the great white north", he's not trying to insult anyone else at all.

There are two things that I keep thinking about for this post:

Spoiled brats come all shapes and sizes.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

He can't help it!

His head isn't even connected to his jaw!

Old December 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #28
KJohnson21

Quote:
This site is a bit more adult, which I like.

I'm all about having a good time, and all about teaching people a lesson when required.

However, there are smarter ways to do it. I'd rather not end up in jail because some snatch doesn't know how to ride. Owning and riding a motorcycle requires that 'ol head on a swivel, but it also requires you keep your ego on a shelf.

I see these lessons taught over and over to folks everyday in my line of work.

I'd just rather see Brian having fun on two wheels as opposed to getting tossed in the joint or worse yet, getting shot by a Canadian gun owner.

Yep, we've got enough trouble with the people who simply aren't aware of us. We don't need to give anybody motivation to actually try to run us down. Whenever I encounter an unsafe driver, I get away from them one way or another. Half the time by backing off.

Old December 18th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #29
zartan

Hearing about it being posted on another forum also, makes me think this was one of those thing just posted to stir everyone up making drama which no one really needs.