ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old December 10th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #1
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

Name: Paulie

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

need help Shinto hugger/swingarm cover

Hey all,

Just brought at Shinto hugger which also covers the swingarm on both sides etc, I just got it off ebay slightly damaged due to running a 150 rear, which rubbed the inside and bubbled the paint, well it was black and green and now rubbed back and about to paint black, question is i havent tried to fit yet but thought i'd check if anyone knows how to install it. looks like have to remove brake caliper?? well if anyone has fitted one of these some installation advice would be sweet so dont mess around and make a 30 min job take 2 hours if you know what i mean ..

cheers
paulforaname is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2011, 05:23 AM   #2
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

I have a Shinto hugger. I didn't install it though. I had a local motor shop do it. There seems to be two ways around it though. I think the best way, which is the way mine was done is to remove the brake lines and then reinstall them after. Otherwise you can remove the caliper, but its a tight fit to try and get it back on after the huggers on.

Old January 10th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #3
currentsea
ninjette.org member

Name: J.R.

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Surprised you guys got your huggers. I never got mine from the group by in 2010.
currentsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #4
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

I ended up paying more $$$ to get mine. Another member who lived in Thailand picked it up for me from Shinto and shipped it to me directly. I then reimbursed him for the shipping costs. It was a PITA to get it though.

Old January 14th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #5
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

Name: Paulie

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by currentsea View Post
Surprised you guys got your huggers. I never got mine from the group by in 2010.
Got mine 2nd hand off ebay but took off if anyone want can have for 60 plus postage from australia
Posted via Mobile Device
paulforaname is offline   Reply With Quote