ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 21st, 2009, 08:46 AM   #41
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

True, but they have Florida, Vegas, and California locations. If you travel to one of those places you can rent one for a day and check it out.

I notice that some of the locations have Ninja 250s; it would be great to fly and rent one in the winter time and get in some warm weather riding - thought the price is kind of steep...

Old April 21st, 2009, 09:45 AM   #42
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
09 CBR yaaay

LOL is that you? I love how your boots match your bike.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2009, 08:12 PM   #43
speedgsx98
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 250 ninja 2002, 2008 ZX10-R

I had a 250 ninja as a 1st bike, a 600 next, then a 750 GSXR. I also worked as a motorcycle mechanic at a performance shop with a dyno, and rode all sorts of different sportbikes. The biggest thing that makes a 600 sketchy to ride for a noob since they're much lighter these days than back in the day, is the seat heeight for shorter riders. Also, having a clue as to not just hop on one and twist the throttle till you hit 165mph. Discipline, and knowing where to go fast can make one person safer on a Hayabusa on one wheel, than a squid on a 250 ninja. Anyway...now that I'm back in 250 ninja land, I'm kind of enjoying it. But I'm coming down the other side of the montain so to speak as far as wanting to climb the ladder of motorcycling. I'm looking to simplify, and just get some good gas mileage, and enjoy the fresh ocean air while the kids are in school =)

BTW, I vote for a GSXR 750. IMO, 600's are just too weak in the midrange, and of course low end. Yes, compared to our ninja's they're amazing, but a 750 gives you the best of both.
speedgsx98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2009, 11:33 AM   #44
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

Hmm if you guys are interested in a "sporty riding position" how about some woodcraft clipons and rearsets? Yeah supersports are nice bikes but to be honest I was pushing the 250 more on the street simply because I wasn't afraid of damaging all the expensive parts like on the R6. Not to mention you can rev the piss out of the 250 in just about any gear on the street. With the R6 I would be braking the speed limit already in only first gear when redlining it.

So in conclusion a 600 would be wonderful for track use but your kinda limited on the street due to all that power. Im also a high rpm junkie, I just don't see the point in owning a big powerful Race Replica if your going to piddle around and do wheelies and only ride in straight lines on the street. Maybe I'm just weird.
Daeldren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2009, 05:19 PM   #45
SF-Dug
ninjette.org member

Name: Dug

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Well IMHO after seeing this video I've decided I won't be upgrading until I've taken a track day/school or two.

Link to original page on YouTube.

This is a B class rider on a 250 riding amongst 600's.

SF-Dug is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:50 PM   #46
Jiu Jitsu Player
Live 2 Ride Forced 2 Work

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 RED 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by py2e View Post
II'm gonna go out and buy hayabusa and pop wheelies on the highway... with flip flops, shorts, and a ninjette.org t-shirt.
I do that now on the 2 fiddy. But in my defense I usually wear REEFS which are the safest flip flops money can buy. jk

www.7milesdown.com
Jiu Jitsu Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:59 PM   #47
sometimesido
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2006 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-Dug View Post
Well IMHO after seeing this video I've decided I won't be upgrading until I've taken a track day/school or two.

Link to original page on YouTube.

This is a B class rider on a 250 riding amongst 600's.

that was an exciting video!
I would really like to get some track days and school sometime next year.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 07:12 PM   #48
Justanothermp5
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

yea my brother has an 09 cbr600rr and i have a 250, i like the 250 but the power delivery on the 600 is crazy in comparison
i was used to the acceleration on the 250 so when i pulled out on the road with the cbr i gunned it and i was GOOOOONNE lol and i shifted at 5k every gear (still breaking it in) but i was still going 80 before i knew it

thats the only down side to the 250, such high rpm's when at highway cruising speeds
Justanothermp5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:40 PM   #49
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Quote:
Originally Posted by py2e View Post
I understand the risks of getting a bigger bike. Some of you guys sound like those people who are against motorcycling. Well stop being hypocrites... motorcycles are dangerous but we do it anyways, because we understand the risks involved and we take precautions against it. What make you think I won't do the same thing when I move to a bigger bike?

That's it man, I'm not going to reply anymore when someone writes "learn to ride first.", because obviously I'm gonna go out and buy hayabusa and pop wheelies on the highway... with flip flops, shorts, and a ninjette.org t-shirt.
If you think we're trying to insult you, you're mistaken, and I'm sorry for mis-communicating. The only reason we're saying what we are is we don't want to hear that you had to scrape yourself off the pavement. I apologize for making you feel like we thought you weren't smart enough to know this on your own. I'll stay off your post from now on so this doesn't happen anymore from me.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:55 AM   #50
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

Good lord, that 250 was giving those 600's a run for their money in the corners, only thing that does suck is the 600's acceleration in the straights left the 250 behind but he managed to keep on their tails as they slowed down for the corners.
Daeldren is offline   Reply With Quote