Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old December 9th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #41
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopranos View Post
$4K for just the bike is still a common asking price in Ca. He will end up having to take $3500-3800 for just the bike. Its a clean 2010 SE so $4K is not a ridiculous asking price based on others on the market here. Where in the ad does it say "Firm"?
you can get a brand new '12 for a little more than 4K.. just sayin'. it doesn't matter how clean it is. the value drops like a rock as soon as it's off the lot.

Old December 9th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #42
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Yeah, I still don't think it's a bad deal...I'd give 'em $4200 for both sets of panels but that's just me. I've seen bikes in worse condition with more miles for $3500 or more around here and with both sets, a beginner could easily use the non-preferred set to learn to ride and then put on the preferred ones when they were more proficient. Plus, people seem to always need replacement fairings...*shrugs* I say GL to him.

Edit: And again, I'd love to have dealers that generous where I live. I believe the starting price for 2012s around my area is $4.4k...and with what I've gathered from on here as far as added expenses, I'd probably be around $4.7-$4.8k out the door....guess it just depends on how much the buyer is willing to spend.
Malicious Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2011, 01:09 PM   #43
sopranos
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250 (black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
you can get a brand new '12 for a little more than 4K.. just sayin'. it doesn't matter how clean it is. the value drops like a rock as soon as it's off the lot.
1. You cannot get a brand new SE '12 for a little more than 4K here.... more like $5K out the door - and that is if you can find one around you. They sell pretty fast here.

2. It DOES matter how clean it is. The value DOES NOT drop like a rock here in Ca like a car would. That is what we are trying to tell you. They hold their value a lot better here in Ca than in your area evidently.

I know it doesn't sound right and its hard to grasp but it is what it is and you would only understand if you lived here. Its best to do your research in the sellers area than to assume you know what you are talking about... location and demand play a huge role. Just sayin'.
sopranos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #44
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
1. You cannot get a brand new SE '12 for a little more than 4K here.... more like $5K out the door - and that is if you can find one around you. They sell pretty fast here.

2. It DOES matter how clean it is. The value DOES NOT drop like a rock here in Ca like a car would. That is what we are trying to tell you. They hold their value a lot better here in Ca than in your area evidently.

I know it doesn't sound right and its hard to grasp but it is what it is and you would only understand if you lived here. Its best to do your research in the sellers area than to assume you know what you are talking about... location and demand play a huge role. Just sayin'.
+1

maybe its just in Norcal? lol

cause I agree. My bike brand new in 2011 even though its an 09 off the lot was 5300...

I didnt pay that since Im the 3rd owner, but still... my bike would have sold for more if it didnt have damage.

the damage brought the dude down to 2.5k he prolly would have gotten 3.5 if that wasnt the case...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #45
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Really? Where did you get yours from? Oh, right...

Motorcycle(s): None yet, thinking about buying new this winter

Even over here the cheapest quote I got for a 2012 was over $5k OTD for a non SE.

Things are worth what people will pay for them. Would I pay that much for a new one? No, but the dealers don't have to budge if someone else will.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #46
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

I've been quoted for 5K on the nose.

Old December 9th, 2011, 03:23 PM   #47
sopranos
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250 (black)

Quote:
I've been quoted for 5K on the nose.
And you don't live in Cali. And how do you figure that $5K is "a little more than 4K"? My math tells me its more like 25% more.
sopranos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #48
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

motorcycles. ESPECIALLY 250s idk why but for some reason hold there value really well. I would know I looked for a good deal for months...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2011, 02:35 AM   #49
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

Quote:
Says the person who neither owns a motorcycle nor lives in California?
Honko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2011, 02:43 AM   #50
mholme
ninjette.org member

Name: Marques

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '06 636

Quote:
location and demand play a huge role. Just sayin'.

And demand for these bikes is pretty high everywhere. Maybe not this time of year everywhere, but I could imagine that they hold their value where the riding season is mostly year round.
mholme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #51
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

LOL