Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Notices

Old October 18th, 2015, 11:09 AM   #1
Fox
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja ex250

Fox's streetfighter

Hey everybody just wanted to share some pics of my ninjette. Just installed new gt501 tires front and rear, rebuilt the brakes with new seals and pads, hooked up the new headlight and integrated taillight, new gold D.I.D. chain and aluminum chain guard, and removed gauges and plasic bits and fenders.. oh and the bar end mirror as well.

The headlight is a set of 7" led bars I got off ebay. They pull 18w each and are super slim but put out a great deal of light. The patch of road in front of me is lit up wayyyyy more than with the stock headlight and at the same time it throws enough light up and to the sides that youre noticed more by other cars. (Without blinding everyone) the housing for the leds is pretty solid, doesnt feel cheaply made at all. Actually got rained on last night while testing and they got drenched but never faltered so I'm extremely happy with my purchase. That and they just look badarse.

Not done messin with her yet, still got clipons to mount with new grips and shorty levers. Also gonna go look at a 2-1 exhaust to clean up the left side. After that ill probably order pods, jets, and some adjustable rearsets [recommendations anyone?] And the obvious painting/swapping the coolant reservoir.

Also has .75 sonic springs and a zx600 rear shock, galfers front brake line, and shims in the carb. The more I work on it the more I love it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 5.jpg (95.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.jpg (81.5 KB, 29 views)

Last futzed with by Fox; October 22nd, 2015 at 10:21 PM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2015, 08:50 AM   #2
Fox
ninjette.org member

Update: SUPERTRAPP

So I snagged an exhaust off craigslist for 100$

Not too shabby for a full system.. its dirty and scratched up but looks dont concern me too much. My only gripe is they put it on the wrong side of the bike I wanted to see more of my gold chain and the aluminum chain guard but ah well cant be too upset.

The seat of the pants impression is a better off idle response and more pull all the way up the powerband. Theres still a minorrrr flat spot around 5k rpm but its smoothed out a good bit with the 2-1 system. Top end is also improved =) I was afraid id lose out on top end or low end grunt but theyre both improved. In fact the top end power increase has only made my clutch spring issue become way too apparent. Got Barnett springs ordered.

The sound is lovely. Not a screamer but not exactly stealthy anymore. Its got a nice rumble at idle and low rpms and redlining the motor sounds niceee. Ill see if I can post a sound clip or video later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1-2.jpg (117.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2-2.jpg (95.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3-2.jpg (124.3 KB, 50 views)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 6th, 2016, 10:52 PM   #3
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

Looking good there. What are you running for a headlight?

Old February 7th, 2016, 08:07 AM   #4
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Its got a nice rumble at idle and low rpms
Of all the different cylinder / RPM combinations I've heard, a twin cylinder at low rpms is my favourite sound! Mmm. Putting a full system on a ninjette makes it sound nicer too. Enjoy!

I haven't paid notice to what the difference in sound between a parallel-twin and a V-twin is.

Old February 7th, 2016, 08:17 AM   #5
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Interested in output pictures of your headlights. I bet they don't have a correct headlight pattern...
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 13th, 2016, 09:29 AM   #6
Fox
ninjette.org member

Unfortunately to get pics of light spread for these I would have to bust ny bike out of impound. But Chone is correct in that the pattern these lights throw is terrible for the road. At first theres a WOW factor with the brightness but then you realize it doesnt put tthe light far enough ahead of you on the road. If you angle the lights up more you just end up shining it in peoples faces... so its tricky.

Theyre great looking lights and worth the money as floodlights or worklights but a headlight they do not make. If I were to try and get an LED headlight set up again I would either get a LED bulb and proper reflector housing or go the 'projector spotlight' route where the light is 'thrown' 50 feet ahead of you rather than scattered in the first ten. Or the smaller LED lights should work better possibly... like the 4 inch square ones.

Old February 14th, 2021, 11:07 PM   #7
Rapidroach1
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 & 300

Rapidroach1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2022, 07:33 AM   #8
MondoMesh
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Kawasaki Ninja250 1979 Honda CX500 !997 KTM300EXC 2004 Honda 450CRF

MondoMesh Street Fighter Brat Build

Here's a few pics of the build I'm currently working on, hoping to be finished tweaking things by the end of the month!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0818.jpg (170.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0819.jpg (177.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0820.jpg (178.3 KB, 5 views)
MondoMesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 14th, 2022, 08:01 AM   #9
cpayton0
Diabetus

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoMesh View Post
Here's a few pics of the build I'm currently working on, hoping to be finished tweaking things by the end of the month!
I know this is an older thread, But where is this tank and seat from?
cpayton0 is offline   Reply With Quote