ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old August 26th, 2021, 09:50 PM   #1
msagcaoili_1991
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Michael Shane

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Turn signals won’t work when I turn my front wheel to the left

I’m having trouble with my turn signals.
When I have the front wheels pointed straight forward or to the right, the turn signals work perfectly.

Once I turn the wheel to the left, passing the centerline the indicator lamp and turn signals won’t work. But when I point the tires straight and towards the right. It all works fine again.

Feels like something is possibly loose and that steering to the left is breaking the connection.
msagcaoili_1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2021, 04:04 AM   #2
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

It sounds like the wires are not routed properly from the handle bars down to under the tank and when you tirn left it pulls the wires hard enough to break the connection... DEFINATELY NOT GOOD ! you'll probably have to pull the fairings off and the gas tank and maybe even the head light/front fairing to get at it to fix the problem... the manual shows the proper routing.
but even with the wires routed properly their quite tight on my bike...
I added 1" bar risers to my bike and I had to cut one of the steel loops for the wire routing to free up the wires that go to the turn signal switch just to give it a bit more room.....
electrical wires do not like to be stretched at all they have to have some slack
... more than likely one of the blades in the 6 by plug in is loose and will come out when you turn.... I would look there first !
Bob...