ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 5th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #1
poo poo
kinda sorta noob

Name: poo poo

Motorcycle(s): '03 and '08

Help. When I accelerate, I get squeak from front

I must be an idiot. I've been trying to search, but to no avail. I accelerate, and the front squeaks. Also, the tach is wobbly. But, If I put it in neutral, and coast, no squeak. Anyone have a similar issue?

Old November 5th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #2
tjkamper
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Please be more specific about where the sound is coming from. And which bike has the sound.

There is a common squeaking issue with the front wheel on the New Gens. But that should have nothing to do with your tach acting funny. Please elaborate.

Do you have this problem when the bike is stopped or only when it is rolling? Rev the engine in neutral... Does it squeak? If not, then you probably are experiencing the squeaking front wheel that many people have had trouble with. If you have a front stand, I recommend taking the wheel off and greasing the spacers and reinstalling. This will eliminate the squeak. If you don't have a way to take the wheel off, loosen the wheel a little and then spray some WD40 on the spacers, tighten it up and the squeak will subside for a while; but it will probably come back.

Please define Wobbly. If your front wheel is squeaking your tach issue is probably unrelated. So we need to find out what is going on there.

Old November 9th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #3
poo poo
kinda sorta noob

Name: poo poo

Motorcycle(s): '03 and '08

You are probably right...

I've been searching, and searching through posts. I'll try re-doing the wheel. The odd thing is that the squeak in the wheel seems to be related to the wobbliness of the tach. Perhaps it's just road vibrations. I'll try the wheel thing you mentioned. I hate these odd ninette quirks!

Old November 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #4
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

1) loosen front axle
2) grease & retorque to spec.
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #5
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Try unscrewing your speedo cable at the top and bottom. First lube it well then check and make sure the rubber gaskets are not bent or pinched. Rescrew the cable back on. Also check and make sure you have a free rotating front wheel. The inside brake pad should make minimal contact with your rotor.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote